This woman's behavior fascinates me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2015, 02:53 AM
RE: This woman's behavior fascinates me.
(25-10-2015 01:21 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 12:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  What is she doing that is so fascinating? Getting out the way on an oncoming vehicle?

I am assuming everyone in that video is acting on instinct.....that none of them are really consciously deciding their actions. It is an interesting video because what we see is the primitive parts of the brain working. This is fast thinking at work.

She flees before the man, but when she realizes the man isn't with her, her instinct is to turn back and cross into harms way to be with the man. She then moves behind the man like he is going to protect her.

I also find it interesting that she instinctively grabbed her coffee.

I disagree with your analysis.

Looking at the gif, both the man and the woman appear to begin movement at virtually the same time; the male lingering in his position to gather his laptop.

The pace at which the woman turns and moves toward the male after they had both retreated suggests a miscalculation; she moves at a walk until impact, then bolts, this leads me to believe that her second move was not instinctual; had it been, she would have moved with far greater urgency to join with the male. As for moving behind the male, I would suggest that is an instinctive reaction; not one to get behind the male, but to get as far from the hazard (to which she had 'close' contact) as possible.

As for the coffee, it is interesting, the man also moved to save his coffee and laptop, costing him time to get away. I would suggest that that is an instinctive reaction; to preserve resources and investment, both coffee and laptop represent both.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-10-2015, 03:11 AM
(25-10-2015 02:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I thought you left. Dodgy

Your thinking was errant...........which is not unusual for youTongue

I had a small project I was working on that required all my free time but I finished it....hopefully.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-10-2015, 03:13 AM
(25-10-2015 03:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I had a small project I was working on that required all my free time but I finished it....hopefully.

I didn't realize 'being a dipshit on the internet' was a project, let alone one you had apparently finished with. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-10-2015, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2015 03:21 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(25-10-2015 02:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree with your analysis.

I have not made any conclusions yet. If I understood the woman's actions they would not be interesting to me

Quote: As for the coffee, it is interesting, the man also moved to save his coffee and laptop, costing him time to get away. I would suggest that that is an instinctive reaction; to preserve resources and investment, both coffee and laptop represent both.

The coffee doesn't perplex me that much.....I still find it interesting though. In the mind the coffee is a comestible. The action reminds me of a animal grabbing a last bit of meat off a kill just before being run off by a larger animal who then steals the prize.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-10-2015, 03:31 AM
(25-10-2015 03:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 02:24 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I thought you left. Dodgy

Your thinking was errant...........which is not unusual for youTongue

I had a small project I was working on that required all my free time but I finished it....hopefully.

Yeah, I'd probably miss you. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2015, 07:00 AM
There is no sound. We have no idea what may have been said.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-10-2015, 08:03 AM
(25-10-2015 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  There is no sound. We have no idea what may have been said.

I think we can guess.

It started with him saying "WTF?!?!?" and ended at home (assuming that was any relation between the man and woman seated at the window ... which is unclear) with ...
"I thought you loved me"
"Huh?"
"Nothing"
"I don't understand what you meant"
"It's OK"
"No really. Why did you say that?"
"Well, I if you have to ask, then ..."
< prolonged silence >
"Is everything alright? Are you OK?"
"I'm fine"

Sadcryface

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
25-10-2015, 08:07 AM
(25-10-2015 03:31 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(25-10-2015 03:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your thinking was errant...........which is not unusual for youTongue

Yeah, I'd probably miss you. Big Grin

Beat_stick

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
25-10-2015, 10:27 AM
I disagree with that entire interpretation. I see them both observing that they have enough time to comfortably grab their stuff and move before impact, so they get their coffee and computer, and walk away. He walks directly into the store, directly away from the threat. She does not, choosing at first to cover behind the non-glass, solid part of the wall. A moment later, she notices he went deeper into the store and thinks, "Yeah that's probably better than standing by the front wall", and moves to follow his better idea.

It is clear that the actual impact, as she passes by the corner of the bar, takes her completely by surprise, so she had obviously lost track of the timing of the oncoming bus, and the fright speeds her flight to the back of the store. At the end of the video, she runs past the man in the direction of the rear of the store, NOT stopping for or turning toward him (as she would if she considered him to be "man-shelter"). The fact that he is there at that point is irrelevant.

You've projected sexist interpretations into a scenario where none are warranted.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-10-2015, 11:46 AM
The only thing interesting is why the hell the bus driver, or whatever it is, lost control of the vehicle.

The girl has a cute little figure and the guy looks like he might be fairly intelligent. He points to the impending collision. I wonder if they had sex that night to celebrate their living through the incident. I hope so!

DJL....you UK people with your "lorries". So funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.