Thoguht this wouldn't fit in the science forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Thoguht this wouldn't fit in the science forum.
I figured I'd post this here since it doesn't quite fit anywhere else exactly.

Have you ever thought of a galaxy as a city or vice versa? I have since I was a wee little lad of 4 or 5 years old reading astronomy pamphlets I got from my grandfather. They covered such things as the Big Bang, Planets, The Solar System, Black Holes, Cape Canaveral, and the stars.

One of the card pamphlet thingys was about galaxies and they reminded me so much of the way cities look from outside of them, webs of light going to a core, or downtown area. After writing a lot of crap about this to get it out of my head, (maybe to be published on some blog sometime or not), I decided to search the web to see if anyone else viewed them the way I did as a kid. I did find this. http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/332835/enlarge

This work pretty much sums up what I thought in a vision. So much for eloquent words describing it. Tongue

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes il_bandit's post
20-08-2012, 07:03 AM
RE: Thoguht this wouldn't fit in the science forum.
No I have not thought of the galaxy as a city because the universe is...unlike a city...ungoverned. Pluto was not demoted to dwarf status by the sun, it was demoted by us.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply