Thomas and the Bible Podcast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 10:19 AM

Thomas and the Bible Podcast
I am ALWAY on the hunt for good podcasts for Atheism, Humanism and any Rational stuff.
Seths is by far one of the best (just the audio quality is bad). Others have great audio quality but the content is painful.
I used to love listening to FFRF podcasts but i simply cant get past Annie butting into the guests every chance she gets. It go to the point where it was just plain rude. Dan should give her some tips on broadcasting.

Yesterday i stumbled upon this little gem.
http://www.thomasandthebible.com/

You can also find it on Itunes. Its an atheist reading the bible (for the 1st time in his life) in realtime and offering 'knee jerk reactions' to what he just read. The audio quality is good and there is not a bunch of useless banter..as he is the only person on this podcast. Its a great way to get THRU the bible and he shares real time observations. Not all his observations are spot on but amusing just the same.

A great little podcast just the same.

Enjoy!
Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
30-11-2011, 10:36 AM
RE: Thomas and the Bible Podcast
Thanks for sharing Denicio! I was in need of a new podcast to list to since I got caught up on all of Seth's. Big Grin

I'll check this out right now!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for putting this up. I'm always searching for good Podcasts. Some of my favs in addition to TTA:

Ask an Atheist
Freethought Radio
The Friendly Atheist
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM

(30-11-2011 04:05 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Thanks for putting this up. I'm always searching for good Podcasts. Some of my favs in addition to TTA:

Ask an Atheist
Freethought Radio
The Friendly Atheist

'chariots of iron' is an excellent podcast with a HUGE episode archive. two guys talking shit about everything from an atheist perspective. they are funny as hell.

http://www.chariotsofiron.com
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM

(01-12-2011 12:37 PM)paulesungnomo Wrote:  
(30-11-2011 04:05 PM)free2011 Wrote:  Thanks for putting this up. I'm always searching for good Podcasts. Some of my favs in addition to TTA:

Ask an Atheist
Freethought Radio
The Friendly Atheist

'chariots of iron' is an excellent podcast with a HUGE episode archive. two guys talking shit about everything from an atheist perspective. they are funny as hell.

http://www.chariotsofiron.com

I think i have tried that podcast. Is it also the same group that does Irreligiosophy? If so i cant stand them. Or am i thinking of Reasonable Doubts?
All i know is that some of these Atheist podcasts bar is set really really low. The "Skunk Dick" and other things are just stupid. Too 'Sarah Palin" for my tastes.
I'll give Chariots of Iron a second try.
Thanks.
D
01-12-2011, 04:22 PM
So far I'm enjoying this podcast- I'm on the 4th (including the introduction). The only gripe I have are his mouth noises (lip smacks and stuff) and his coughing in the intro. Small gripes for sure- it's just distracting.. it could be worse. The content so far more than makes up for it. Big Grin
01-12-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:I think i have tried that podcast. Is it also the same group that does Irreligiosophy? If so i cant stand them. Or am i thinking of Reasonable Doubts?
All i know is that some of these Atheist podcasts bar is set really really low. The "Skunk Dick" and other things are just stupid. Too 'Sarah Palin" for my tastes.

no... irreligiosohpy is terrible.

they are not affiliated with chariots of iron, though. chariots of iron is much more serious and does not reek of frat boy fart humor.

i actually read that irreligiosophy was over, not being made any more. thank but born baby jesus for that.
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM

(01-12-2011 04:22 PM)kineo Wrote:  So far I'm enjoying this podcast- I'm on the 4th (including the introduction). The only gripe I have are his mouth noises (lip smacks and stuff) and his coughing in the intro. Small gripes for sure- it's just distracting.. it could be worse. The content so far more than makes up for it. Big Grin

Well, as an audio engineer...what i can say is that if you are hearing the lip noises, that mean's he's spent more than 10 bux on a shitty podcasting microphone. That he cares about the quality and has better than average equipment.

Seth has fantastic equipemnt but its all for naught as its dumbed down thru the anal cavity of skyping or what ever he uses. Its terrible, but his content is so damn good that i have to listen. Seth has a fantastic voice...thats LOST on that shitty equipement he uses for his podcast.

Yeah, the coughing. To be fair, this thomas dude expects no one to even pay attention to him. He's simply reading the bible and speaking outloud what most of us think when we read it. I am enjoying it so far. I do know he's stopped somewhere in the middle of the OT. I think he bit off more than he could chew. His goal was an ambitious one. I applaud him for trying. I just hope he does not get burnt out. I cant WAIT till he gets to the New Testament.

D
01-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Well this seems interesting. I just recently started listening to Seth's stuff, so I will probably give this a shot after I manage to get through the Thinking Atheist Podcasts.

[Image: GummiSpider.jpg]
05-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I've listened to four episodes and I love it. He really does sound like somebody I would hang out with and bust on religion. I don't know how he could possible finish the OT and NT though