Thor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Thor
http://thor.marvel.com/intl/uk/?utm_sour...nt=Phrase+

A film about an ancient god.
I wonder how many christians have condemned it for being "pagan propaganda"? xD

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2011, 01:48 AM
RE: Thor
I am sorry, but this movie is not made from Norse mythology, it's made from Marvel comic books. It does have a lot to do with Norse mythology, but it's Marvel, not the real deal. They should do the real Thor, full mythology, real Gods and everything, not superhero Thor. But this could be a great movie, if you like Marvel comics.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
31-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I've never read a comic book in my life. Not even once. xD

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
31-03-2011, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter. Hollywood will grease it up, bend it over a desk, and rape it into unwatchable oblivion. Case in point: Daredevil, Green Hornet, Incredible Hulk, Transformers, Spiderman, GI Joe, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Captain America, half the X-Men and later this year Thundercats. All beloved comic book characters from my childhood raped by Hollywood.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm sure if you asked some furries they could find you some pictures of all those characters being literally raped. xD

07-04-2011, 02:03 AM
I actually liked Transformers, I think the movie is great, specially the main character and Sector7 guy. Those 2 actually made the whole film excellent. Spiderman is also good, and X-Men are excellent all except part 3. And Hulk is ok, the one with Edward Norton. And we still haven't seen Captain America, so I think it's better not to judge it yet.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-04-2011, 07:55 PM
(31-03-2011 02:49 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I've never read a comic book in my life. Not even once. xD

Is that a simple statement of fact? Or some literary snobbery?

I expect this movie to be average to decent. But I haven't seen much advertising. So far it ha@ decent reviews on RT.

Liberty loving, gun owning Atheist. Don't worry it confuses the right as well.
30-04-2011, 05:54 AM
its 94% on RT, its not decent, its amazing.
17-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Thor was a good movie, but that cheesy shit with the girl falling in love with thor made me want to puke my brains out. How long did she know him for? 2 days? and already she wants to get inside his pants? Sorry but that's not a girl I would look for if I was a super powerful god.

Other than that I thought it did a great job recreating Valhalla/Vanaheimr and Heimdullr was black, aaaawyeah, at the rainbow bridge he guarded also got a few new additions to it. Contrary to popular belief I like to think I know a little something about Norse mythology. So I found the movie rather interesting to say the least, aside from that cheesy love tid bit. Women ruin everything.
17-03-2012, 12:22 PM
I liked the way they made Thor cocky as fuck. Other than that it was a passable summer blockbuster not unlike the other four thousand super hero films that came out the same week.

They have the formula now so superhero movies should always be passable. But unfortunately now that hollywood knows they can make shit tons of money by only going so far as passable we are unlikely to see phenomenal.

Green Lantern= passable, Thor= passable, X-men First Class= Passable, Captain America= passable.

Any really good super hero movies? Not really. Though Iron Man is my favorite.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison