Thor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 12:36 PM
RE: Thor
(17-03-2012 12:22 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I liked the way they made Thor cocky as fuck. Other than that it was a passable summer blockbuster not unlike the other four thousand super hero films that came out the same week.

They have the formula now so superhero movies should always be passable. But unfortunately now that hollywood knows they can make shit tons of money by only going so far as passable we are unlikely to see phenomenal.

Green Lantern= passable, Thor= passable, X-men First Class= Passable, Captain America= passable.

Any really good super hero movies? Not really. Though Iron Man is my favorite.

I should probably mention that the only reason I watched Thor was because it dealt with Norse Mythology, not really into the whole superhero thing (though Dark Knight was ok)... though I guess I should be grateful that all they had wrong with the movie were two horny chicks with an IQ around 50, and a shitty script writer for them... crap actors to. *sigh*

I'm also thankful that they didn't include some of the more, darker parts of the mythology. Maybe the part where Freyja has sex with three dwarves for a necklace. Or when Baldr is killed by his own half brother (though purely accidental), and I actually thought Heimdullr and Loki were going to cross cancel each other out. I was surprised because that's how Ragnarok is supposed to end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Why does it matter why you watched it? Are you a superhero snob or something? Don't want people to think you could enjoy normal entertainment?

I love the idea of superheros but rarely the execution. Miracle Man would be a great movie (for me Smile ) especially if it were directed by David Fincher or someone equally as gritty. I am a proud geek. But my geekyness is not reserved for superhero fiction.

I would also like a more relevant movie concerning Norse Mythology, but that's unlikely to happen until they have milked the current cash cows.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I've enjoyed every single one of the comic movies. I was a huge fan of comics in my teens and yes the hollywood version is slightly different. It captures it's unique perspective in every movie.

I find it hard to condemn a movie after I've read the book. After all my imagination will create a completely different world than anyone else.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2012, 12:52 PM
(17-03-2012 12:43 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Why does it matter why you watched it? Are you a superhero snob or something? Don't want people to think you could enjoy normal entertainment?

I love the idea of superheros but rarely the execution. Miracle Man would be a great movie (for me Smile ) especially if it were directed by David Fincher or someone equally as gritty. I am a proud geek. But my geekyness is not reserved for superhero fiction.

I would also like a more relevant movie concerning Norse Mythology, but that's unlikely to happen until they have milked the current cash cows.

I watch movies that are relevant to my interests, not that I don't like normal entertainment, I like Blade and The Matrix, but most movies I watch I watch for cultural purposes, just as most books I get deal with history or science, so do the movies I watch.

Though it really depends on the actors, if you have poor actors you'll have a poor movie. Like those two new girls on House... I want Kutner back.
Find all posts by this user