Those Pesky Theist Youtubers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Those Pesky Theist Youtubers
I tend to roll around Youtube when I'm bored watching debates and speeches from various wonderful intellectuals (I feel so awful I didn't get in to Hitch before his death) and sometimes I even make comments!

Replies I get are mixed, but one time I got a pm from someone that kind of got me laughing.

"a higher power means higher than the phisical that includes all life, amimals show morality not by evolving it they show it becouse of this higher power instilled in then. when lions eat there young and the mother dislikes that it is becouse of the maternal connection given to females to protect the species thats why there is veriations in animal styles of morality adapting such practices would prove unbenifical. when the black widow eats its mate this is to give food to the young she could eat anything else and did before she got pregnat but she dose not and never will adapt to eating another creature this instinct is productive unknown to us. the concept of religion is the most powerful and intallectual thought funtion ever devised
as well as the most destructive and productive, of instance when the twin towers were hit we all tecnically prayed to the same higher power as the musslim terrorists becouse our confusion told us to let a person tell as what we should believe in (humans that is not americans we did no wrong here) religion is not bad but when the confused leads the confused it can cause desaster do not blame this higher power becouse corrupt men paln to gain form the most powerful information ever reseved, you are not wrong, humans do adapt because we were disigned to. I love ur passion and u! always question because the singular truth is relitive and what we make of it to be a productive humans, but i am proud to question, it connects us as one human family our collective confustion, religion of any kind is personal and as long as u can do good for urself and others peace be with you ^J^"

As an Atheist, I find it really annoying that everyone always says 'don't blame god, blame humans.' What? How is that a valid response to an Atheist? Do you even know what an Atheist IS?

I feel like I'm talking to a wall, so I don't reply. I don't understand the point of the message, really, and they are just so uninformed and entrenched in their own thought system that they can't see the fallacy in their logic. It astounds me.

Anyone else have Theist Youtuber stories or experiences?

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NeonMoment's post
28-01-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: Those Pesky Theist Youtubers
I started reading the message, then got tired of trying to decipher the spelling and grammar of a 1st grader.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Ben's post
28-01-2012, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 04:10 PM by angry_liberal.)
(28-01-2012 07:53 AM)NeonMoment Wrote:  As an Atheist, I find it really annoying that everyone always says 'don't blame god, blame humans.' What? How is that a valid response to an Atheist? Do you even know what an Atheist IS?

I feel like I'm talking to a wall, so I don't reply. I don't understand the point of the message, really, and they are just so uninformed and entrenched in their own thought system that they can't see the fallacy in their logic. It astounds me.

Anyone else have Theist Youtuber stories or experiences?

That pretty much sums up most of my experience dealing with Theists (and what I must have been like when I was a Christian). It is a carefully crafted piece of circular reasoning designed to stop you breaking out of it. It's like some of those Escher paintings. All the exits are just take you back to your starting point again. Even people who can step out side of the circle and see the whole often do not give up faith, because the crafted set of propositions prevents you from finding out alternative ways of thinking.
(28-01-2012 01:42 PM)Ben Wrote:  I started reading the message, then got tired of trying to decipher the spelling and grammar of a 1st grader.

same here.
29-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I just had to look at this post while my grammar Nazi friend was over. He's screaming in a corner now.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
29-01-2012, 05:53 PM
(29-01-2012 05:51 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I just had to look at this post while my grammar Nazi friend was over. He's screaming in a corner now.

That was thoughtless, or even cruel. I hope you haven't caused your friend irreparable harm.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-01-2012, 11:00 PM
(29-01-2012 05:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 05:51 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I just had to look at this post while my grammar Nazi friend was over. He's screaming in a corner now.

That was thoughtless, or even cruel. I hope you haven't caused your friend irreparable harm.

He's a grammer Nazi, he'll get over it. Maybe embark on a campaign for world dominance in the process, but hey, he's hurting right now...
04-02-2012, 01:10 AM
(28-01-2012 07:53 AM)NeonMoment Wrote:  I feel like I'm talking to a wall, so I don't reply. I don't understand the point of the message, really, and they are just so uninformed and entrenched in their own thought system that they can't see the fallacy in their logic. It astounds me.

You know, talking to a wall will most certainly bring more intelligent conversation than talking to a theist about religion. At least if you're in an empty room the wall will echo and maybe you can have a conversation.

No theist can come down on you about talking to a wall either; for they believe in talking snakes and bushes.
04-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Especially on youtube I stopped talking to theists.
I had an interesting conversation once, with a Jehova's witness there. But that was because I started it. On a video I asked for someone to pm me because I had certain questions about the belief and that I am not planning to fight or so.
And one person pmed me and we had a really interesting and calm conversation about different things.

But I do not comment on theist videos at all anymore because all that comes back is hate combined with spelling errors... (I spell better as a foreigner...)

Becouse! (that's my new "Amen")

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
21-02-2012, 09:14 PM
(04-02-2012 03:39 AM)Leela Wrote:  [...] with a Jehova's witness [...]

..../read that "Jenova"

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
22-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Grr having issues with posting the image.....

Do you have the T-shirt?
http://sharkrobot.com/t-shirts/jenova-s-witness

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.