Those flexible garden hoses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Those flexible garden hoses
Has anyone tried one of those new flexible garden hoses. I'm skeptical. They look like they wouldn't last very long. I have a large garden to water and have to drag a long, heavy hose all over the place. Any experience with these?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Those flexible garden hoses
(04-05-2015 08:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Has anyone tried one of those new flexible garden hoses. I'm skeptical. They look like they wouldn't last very long. I have a large garden to water and have to drag a long, heavy hose all over the place. Any experience with these?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-05-2015, 08:28 PM
(04-05-2015 08:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Has anyone tried one of those new flexible garden hoses. I'm skeptical. They look like they wouldn't last very long. I have a large garden to water and have to drag a long, heavy hose all over the place. Any experience with these?

I haven't used one--but have seen them advertised.

I'm thinking this thread might not end well. lol
04-05-2015, 08:33 PM
Had them for a couple of years, they work well. There are good ones and cheap ones though.
04-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I didn't like mine - the worst part was draining it when done. I use the curly ones - there, too, you get what you pay for. They are lightweight, and curl back up nicely. The more expensive ones do anyway.

Mostly, regardless what type of hose, quality matters in usage, not just longevity.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-05-2015, 09:14 PM
(04-05-2015 08:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't like mine - the worst part was draining it when done. I use the curly ones - there, too, you get what you pay for. They are lightweight, and curl back up nicely. The more expensive ones do anyway.

Mostly, regardless what type of hose, quality matters in usage, not just longevity.

What do you mean by "the curly ones" ? Aren't they all kinda curly or is yours a completely different type.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Greatest thing since the invention of water, really...I have four and if I had another spigot I’d have five.

My heavy-duty hoses weighed a ton, kinked and baked in the sun to all sorts of impossible contortions, these are lightweight and don’t kink!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-05-2015, 11:21 PM
The curly ones look like an over sized phone cord. And like Dom said, buy the good ones, because the shitty ones kink like a phone cord too.

...not that phones have cords anymore. But you know what I mean.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
04-05-2015, 11:23 PM
Flexible hoses? What, are they going to make flexible rulers next? All this newfangled technology, what with kids and their damned iPhones and Pokemans.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 5 users Like Logica Humano's post
04-05-2015, 11:53 PM
As someone that stocks rolls upon rolls upon rolls of the old style garden hose, in 15m, 25m, 30m and 50m varieties, I can honestly say in my professional opinion, please oh god please bring this here and make it replace the old rubber garden hoses.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post