Those flexible garden hoses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2015, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 04:48 PM by cactus.)
RE: Those flexible garden hoses
I'm constantly complaining about how stiff and kinky my hose is. It's been used so much that it gets me moist when I've got it turned on really hard, and whenever I take it in the back, I have to really tug on it and stretch it out as far as it will go, and then it gets tangled up in my mom's bushes. I hate when that happens.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cactus's post
05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
(05-05-2015 05:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Also good to see you back Logica. For how long are we graced with your presence this time? Smile

For as long as my classes will allow. Smile

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
05-05-2015, 04:59 PM
(05-05-2015 04:43 PM)cactus Wrote:  I'm constantly complaining about how stiff and kinky my hose is. It's been used so much that it gets me moist when I've got it turned on really hard, and whenever I take it in the back, I have to really tug on it and stretch it out as far as it will go, and then it gets tangled up in my mom's bushes. I hate when that happens.

Unsure Blink Shocking

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-05-2015, 05:41 PM
(05-05-2015 12:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Flexible hoses? What, are they going to make flexible rulers next? All this newfangled technology, what with kids and their damned iPhones and Pokemans.

They do actually have flexible rulers btw.
I have flexible rulers and French curves. Smile
05-05-2015, 06:07 PM
[Image: hose_zpsrbhaffpj.jpg]
(04-05-2015 09:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 08:37 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't like mine - the worst part was draining it when done. I use the curly ones - there, too, you get what you pay for. They are lightweight, and curl back up nicely. The more expensive ones do anyway.

Mostly, regardless what type of hose, quality matters in usage, not just longevity.

What do you mean by "the curly ones" ? Aren't they all kinda curly or is yours a completely different type.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-05-2015, 08:09 PM
I’m talking about this type

[Image: expandable-garden-hose-up-to-125-ft-blue...roduct.jpg]

Weighs next to nothing, constricts itself to a very small size and DOESN’T kink Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-05-2015, 08:33 PM
(05-05-2015 08:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m talking about this type

Weighs next to nothing, constricts itself to a very small size and DOESN’T kink Smile

I know, but how do you get all the water out when you are done? Pain in the ass if you ask me. And if you can't get the water out, you can't stow it in a tiny space and the point is lost. I like the rolled ones better.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-05-2015, 08:37 PM
(05-05-2015 08:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 08:09 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m talking about this type

I know, but how do you get all the water out when you are done? Pain in the ass if you ask me. And if you can't get the water out, you can't stow it in a tiny space and the point is lost. I like the rolled ones better.

Turn off the water and open the nozzle, it drains nicely.
05-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Well, mine didn't. Maybe there was something wrong with it, but I ended up having to disconnect it and dangle it off the (elevated) deck to get it to drain all the