Those talking to the dead shows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Those talking to the dead shows
Hello again forum.

I saw my mom watching a medium show. You know the ones that supposedly "talk to the dead" I asked her of she knew it was fake and she got all mad at me. I find it kind of sickening that people make money off of others grief. It makes me angry also my family makes me be part of a table grace. Should I one day refuse not to take part in it?
Thanks again guys Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: Those talking to the dead shows
Refuse only if you're comfortable with what the consequences are likely to be...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
17-08-2014, 10:39 PM
My sister likes Long Island Medium. She got a little pissed when I told her it was bullshit. She got even madder when I laughed and explained why it was bullshit.
Sometimes I think the movie Idiocracy was prophetic though. Tongue
17-08-2014, 10:41 PM
(17-08-2014 10:39 PM)pablo Wrote:  My sister likes Long Island Medium. She got a little pissed when I told her it was bullshit. She got even madder when I laughed and explained why it was bullshit.
Sometimes I think the movie Idiocracy was prophetic though. Tongue

Lol that's what my mom was watching
[+] 1 user Likes Dustinstig's post
17-08-2014, 10:43 PM
If I am in someone else's home I participate in grace by staying quiet and averting my eyes. If they ask me to pray, I redirect. I am a grown person though… as a minor living in my parents home, I participated out of respect.

I feel those TV shows can sometimes prey on others, but I also feel that often everyone envolved truly believes and feels the way they portray. It's all part of the woo. I play devils advocate often by asking critical thinking questions.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
17-08-2014, 11:03 PM
(17-08-2014 10:29 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Refuse only if you're comfortable with what the consequences are likely to be...

Yeah I understand I know atheism is considered "social suicide"
17-08-2014, 11:14 PM
(17-08-2014 11:03 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 10:29 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  Refuse only if you're comfortable with what the consequences are likely to be...

Yeah I understand I know atheism is considered "social suicide"

Not always, just gotta pick your battles carefully sometimes.
17-08-2014, 11:35 PM
(17-08-2014 10:24 PM)Dustinstig Wrote:  Hello again forum.

I saw my mom watching a medium show. You know the ones that supposedly "talk to the dead" I asked her of she knew it was fake and she got all mad at me. I find it kind of sickening that people make money off of others grief. It makes me angry also my family makes me be part of a table grace. Should I one day refuse not to take part in it?
Thanks again guys Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post