Those who have never been religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
RE: Those who have never been religious
I don't remember my mother ever talking about religion or her displaying any sort of belief. I know she was raised in the Methodist church but she didn't talk about it.

I was raised in the Catholic church but it was more of a cultural thing. I really didn't have any real belief. I just went played along because that's what we did. I attended Catechism classes when a public school student (K-5th grade). Then Catholic schools through HS graduation. Did the first communion thing and the confirmation thing but really without any thought. Dad didn't really talk about his stance till the last couple years of his life and by then he was definitely atheist. Dad was a veterinarian so he was a 'sciencey' type...that seemed to have trumped the religious stuff.

Though I knew the little rituals, prayer, the rosary, lighting candles, asking saints for help, etc. it didn't really hold a lot of meaning for me especially after realizing at a very young age that there wasn't a god answering any prayers.

I feel bad for people who have to shake off indoctrination. I didn't have that experience.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post