Thou shall not steal... Yeah bulshit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Thou shall not steal... Yeah bulshit.
http://www.examiner.com/article/america-...rime-spree

Quote:Over the last few years, various atheist and skeptic groups have started posting billboards, banners, and other advertisements all over the country. In response, many Christians are taking it upon themselves to steal or deface them.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 07:40 PM
RE: Thou shall not steal... Yeah bulshit.
what? Did you actually expect them to follow their book?!

Many of them work on the Lords day off work: Nobody stone them to death, to do they stone anybody else. For one example.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-05-2013, 07:41 PM
(29-05-2013 07:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  what? Did you actually expect them to follow their book?!

Many of them work on the Lords day off work: Nobody stone them to death, to do they stone anybody else. For one example.

But there's a verse (apparently) that says gays are bad. So by all means, better persecute them.

Fucking cherry pickers.

29-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Y'know though shalt not steal is the basis for anti slavery in the Catholic Church? Stumbled across that the other day. Bizarre.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
29-05-2013, 08:12 PM
(29-05-2013 07:53 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Y'know though shalt not steal is the basis for anti slavery in the Catholic Church? Stumbled across that the other day. Bizarre.

Yeah bs. I don't buy that. The church had to conform to changes in society, they weren't a force for the change. What you said makes it look like the church initiated the anti-slavery wave. Completely contrary, Many surely used the bible to justify it.

29-05-2013, 08:48 PM
(29-05-2013 08:12 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 07:53 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Y'know though shalt not steal is the basis for anti slavery in the Catholic Church? Stumbled across that the other day. Bizarre.

Yeah bs. I don't buy that. The church had to conform to changes in society, they weren't a force for the change. What you said makes it look like the church initiated the anti-slavery wave. Completely contrary, Many surely used the bible to justify it.

I got into a debate with a Catholic on fb and looked it up. The Catholic Church decreed it was immoral to keep slaves based of the commandment in the 60s. They had ruling much earlier, I think it was the 1400s that prohibited Christian slaves with exceptions. Past thyat point non-christian slaves weren't much an issue.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
29-05-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2013 09:17 PM by Adenosis.)
(29-05-2013 08:48 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 08:12 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Yeah bs. I don't buy that. The church had to conform to changes in society, they weren't a force for the change. What you said makes it look like the church initiated the anti-slavery wave. Completely contrary, Many surely used the bible to justify it.

I got into a debate with a Catholic on fb and looked it up. The Catholic Church decreed it was immoral to keep slaves based of the commandment in the 60s. They had ruling much earlier, I think it was the 1400s that prohibited Christian slaves with exceptions. Past thyat point non-christian slaves weren't much an issue.

1965 apparently. Wow, after world war 2, good for them (sarcasm).

Now I'm no history buff, but wasn't slavery abolished a century earlier in America?

Sure looks like it's following the flow of society (extremely late mind you), not being a leader.

30-05-2013, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 02:46 PM by KeenIdiot.)
(29-05-2013 09:14 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 08:48 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  I got into a debate with a Catholic on fb and looked it up. The Catholic Church decreed it was immoral to keep slaves based of the commandment in the 60s. They had ruling much earlier, I think it was the 1400s that prohibited Christian slaves with exceptions. Past thyat point non-christian slaves weren't much an issue.

1965 apparently. Wow, after world war 2, good for them (sarcasm).

Now I'm no history buff, but wasn't slavery abolished a century earlier in America?

Sure looks like it's following the flow of society (extremely late mind you), not being a leader.

Which was my point to him. He feels though that while everyone pretty much decided that slavery was wrong, they had no solid basis for it until the Church decreed so.
That's his objective moral basis there.

eta: Y'know, the weird part is the different sects don't agree the others are Christian.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
30-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Can't say I expect better from their ilk. It speaks volumes as to how insecure hey are about their supposedly omnipotent God.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
30-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Basically this

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp