Thought Crime and god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2014 02:48 AM by Shadow Fox.)
Thought Crime and god
This proves god can read minds, which means that God will send people to hell for Thought Crimes or "Thought Sins", just like the thought police in 1984 (which I am half way through reading) does to people who commit these same kinds of crimes.

It's time for my very first ever. BIBLE VS WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY!

10th Commandment - BIBLE from various ones.
Quote:Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.

OTHERS break it up into 2-3 sections. Between house and wife and just having Thou Shalt not covet. So lets go with the latter one ok? Where coveting in general is a commandment.

DICTIONARY WEBSTER'S
Quote:Full Definition of COVET

transitive verb
: to wish for earnestly <covet an award>
: to desire (what belongs to another) inordinately or culpably
intransitive verb

So, we have determined that to covet something is nothing more than a thought. It is a desire to have something. It is not to be envy of someone or to hate or to make plans to steal it or murder or fuck and rape. It is not a physical thing. It is nothing more than the thought of. I really wish I had one of those.

So, for example. You are dying to death in the desert as a slave. You COVET water when you see your master drinking it. There for, you are breaking the 10th commandment because god is actively reading your mind 24/7 at all times.

Even if you DID wish for your neighbors hot wife...so what? as long as you never made a play its fine right? NOPE! Your gonna burn in hell for all eternity for breaking Number 10. Nuff said.

So, I have to ask for this theoretical argument.
Let's say this god of jew,christian or muslim or whatever existed. What ELSE is there that we are not told about that we are forbidden to think about? What other "thought crimes" are there in the holy text? How does a Theist argue that "thinking" about something justifies you being sent to eternal torture? Do they just ignore this and play it off as not to be taken literally or some other lame excuse?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply