Thought I'd seen it all...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2014, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 01:26 AM by Sam.)
Thought I'd seen it all...
http://www.geocentricbible.com

I am just staggered by the sheer denialism expressed on this site. How can these people sleep at night knowing (and they must know) that they are totally deceiving themselves?

I don't know how wide spread this particular strain of creationism is, but it fills me with pessimism. It flies in the face of everything that is known to be factual, ignoring literally hundreds of years of scientific discovery.

If this is what people believe in the TWENTY FUCKING FIRST CENTURY then I just give up on humans.

What is the point in being a Humanist, when humans believe in this kind of bullshit?

According to this... Galaxies don't exist, the Voyager probes are travelling at 10 inches per day and the Earth is "locked down tight".

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-03-2014, 02:27 AM
RE: Thought I'd seen it all...
(08-03-2014 01:20 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  http://www.geocentricbible.com

I am just staggered by the sheer denialism expressed on this site. How can these people sleep at night knowing (and they must know) that they are totally deceiving themselves?

I don't know how wide spread this particular strain of creationism is, but it fills me with pessimism. It flies in the face of everything that is known to be factual, ignoring literally hundreds of years of scientific discovery.

If this is what people believe in the TWENTY FUCKING FIRST CENTURY then I just give up on humans.

What is the point in being a Humanist, when humans believe in this kind of bullshit?

According to this... Galaxies don't exist, the Voyager probes are travelling at 10 inches per day and the Earth is "locked down tight".

The gene pool need chlorine.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
08-03-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 05:19 AM by englishrose.)
Some of these people should be sectioned.
08-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Poe?

I hope.

If not, I hope the authors have someone to feed them and to change the soiled padding in their cells.

10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
(08-03-2014 03:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Poe?

I hope.

If not, I hope the authors have someone to feed them and to change the soiled padding in their cells.

Sadly, no. I ran into two guys when I used to post at Worthy that were very staunch geocentrists. I was impressed by their ability to explain away any counter evidence, and simultaneously saddened that they put that much effort into a centuries-old world view.

I first found them when one had a thread complaining about six things science continually gets wrong. One of them was gravity. I read that and thought "WTF?! I thought everyone but the roadrunner got gravity.". The explanation was all some quantum mechanical woo which I didn't understand, so I moved on. Then, I got to the heliocentrism section. I thought "WTF!? I thought we disproved that with the phases of Venus five centuries ago!", and then I read about Tycho Brahe's alternate cosmology. It solves that problem by saying all the planets but Earth revolve around the sun, and the sun and moon revolve around Earth. I thought "Well, that's clever and all, but that's obviously wrong because of gravi... Ohhhh! That's why they don't believe in gravity."

It all made a lot more sense in context, but it's exceptionally stupid. While I applaud the amount of time and effort they put into their insane world view, I'd probably have more respect for them if they'd spent all that time masturbating or watching You Tube, or something.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
10-03-2014, 08:34 AM
(10-03-2014 08:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Sadly, no. I ran into two guys when I used to post at Worthy that were very staunch geocentrists. I was impressed by their ability to explain away any counter evidence, and simultaneously saddened that they put that much effort into a centuries-old world view.

Oh, we had one here for a while.

(10-03-2014 08:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I first found them when one had a thread complaining about six things science continually gets wrong. One of them was gravity. I read that and thought "WTF?! I thought everyone but the roadrunner got gravity.". The explanation was all some quantum mechanical woo which I didn't understand, so I moved on. Then, I got to the heliocentrism section. I thought "WTF!? I thought we disproved that with the phases of Venus five centuries ago!", and then I read about Tycho Brahe's alternate cosmology. It solves that problem by saying all the planets but Earth revolve around the sun, and the sun and moon revolve around Earth. I thought "Well, that's clever and all, but that's obviously wrong because of gravi... Ohhhh! That's why they don't believe in gravity."

Yes. The only game in town then is to play an old classic of mine, "at what point do you deny reality?". It's either A) looking at the sky, or B), dropping objects.

Notwithstanding that any merely geocentric model is already incompatible with Biblical literalism. So the list of things they don't understand begins with "all science since 1500" but goes on to include their own scripture.

(10-03-2014 08:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It all made a lot more sense in context, but it's exceptionally stupid. While I applaud the amount of time and effort they put into their insane world view, I'd probably have more respect for them if they'd spent all that time masturbating or watching You Tube, or something.

No, I'm... pretty sure it is masturbating.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
10-03-2014, 08:40 AM
(10-03-2014 08:34 AM)cjlr Wrote:  No, I'm... pretty sure it is masturbating.

Yeah, but that's not the fun kind. What a waste of time.
10-03-2014, 10:05 AM
What ever happened to our geocentrist?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-03-2014, 10:07 AM
(10-03-2014 10:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  What ever happened to our geocentrist?

Well Alpha is still around but he refuses to actually discuss his "reasons". Excubitor left.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Alpha is a geocentrist?