Thought for the New Year

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
RE: Thought for the New Year
(03-01-2012 01:22 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 01:12 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 12:46 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  hallooooooo: i know that silly poem is all about enjoying life while you can , i am just saying that's not what life is all about

& the end of life is just the beginning of eternity, not nothingness

"Your are something" in life & in the after-life or otherwise, is determined by what you do in life , silly
What else is your silly and unproven doctrine for, then to give your pathetic existence some added value in the form of backed air...

think about it...

You must have been talking to yourself while standing in front of the mirror = your own projections , silly vulgar ignorant freak

Do you consider those silly empty rhetorics of yours as arguments , moron ?

You have no idea about what you were talking about , dummy

You are obviously the pathetic one ,considering the fact that atheism is just yet another psychological disorder = just a lower degenerate form of christianity as Nietzsche said about humanism for example = just a secondary product & side effect of that silly opium drug : Paulusianism

Congratulations : i hate to deprive people of their own self-satisfying happy delusions hallucinations :

I hate to deprive people of their pathetic misery they seem to love so much

"Alienation makes most people happy & self-satisfied ", so : have fun with it , who cares

Think about it if you have the brain, imagination , creativity, intuition .... for at least , which i doubt seriously
Judging your response

thinking hurts you

sidenote:
Quote:Paulusianism
Isn’t a word. Go somewhere else to do your intellectual masturbation

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
(03-01-2012 04:09 PM)The_observer Wrote:  sidenote:
Isn’t a word. Go somewhere else to do your intellectual masturbation

I think Asshat might be referring to "Paulicianism". Which is extremely arcane... they were around for a couple of hundred years starting in about 600 AD.

So much for the progressiveness of Islam. Out of the bronze age and into... well, they haven't actually left the bronze age, I see.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
(03-01-2012 12:49 PM)kim Wrote:  Thank you for posting this - I love the Rubai of Omar Khayyam!
Years ago, I fell in love with this work and conducted a little quest to find older bound copies of it, and was able to gather enough to hand out to loved ones at Xmas. The fun part for me was finding the copies, seeing how they differed between translations, and comparing the additional materials.
I enjoyed my little exploration and each time I see a copy in a bookstore, I pick it up just to see how that one was put together. Many include engravings and prints, some even have the work itself in a different elaborate script than the rest of the book, which might include critiques and discussions.
It's a wonderful work of prose and I'm so glad it continues to be remembered... thanks for reminding me! Wink

My pleasure, Kim. Smile

I have a little volume of the Rubáiyát that I picked up in Tehran in the mid-70s. It has a selection of the original Persian quatrains with translations in five languages (English, French, German, Arabic and Urdu) along with some Persian paintings in the classical style. Sounds like it's in keeping with the volumes you mentioned.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
04-01-2012, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 04:51 PM by AbdelZ.)
(03-01-2012 04:09 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 01:22 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 01:12 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(03-01-2012 12:46 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  hallooooooo: i know that silly poem is all about enjoying life while you can , i am just saying that's not what life is all about

& the end of life is just the beginning of eternity, not nothingness

"Your are something" in life & in the after-life or otherwise, is determined by what you do in life , silly
What else is your silly and unproven doctrine for, then to give your pathetic existence some added value in the form of backed air...

think about it...

You must have been talking to yourself while standing in front of the mirror = your own projections , silly vulgar ignorant freak

Do you consider those silly empty rhetorics of yours as arguments , moron ?

You have no idea about what you were talking about , dummy

You are obviously the pathetic one ,considering the fact that atheism is just yet another psychological disorder = just a lower degenerate form of christianity as Nietzsche said about humanism for example = just a secondary product & side effect of that silly opium drug : Paulusianism

Congratulations : i hate to deprive people of their own self-satisfying happy delusions hallucinations :

I hate to deprive people of their pathetic misery they seem to love so much

"Alienation makes most people happy & self-satisfied ", so : have fun with it , who cares

Think about it if you have the brain, imagination , creativity, intuition .... for at least , which i doubt seriously
Quote:Judging your response

thinking hurts you

haha

well, denial is a powerful thing , i see

sidenote:
Quote:Isn’t a word. Go somewhere else to do your intellectual masturbation

Paulusianism relates to Paulus the founder of christianity

For the rest , i thought that that silly made up unscientific Freud's psychology was already dead & buried a long time ago : it dies hard , i guess

What you all had missed is that the core thought of that poem of Khayam is as follows :

The purpose or meaning of life is sensual pleasure
05-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Is the purpose or meaning of life just the pleasures of the senses like our Khayyam seemed to say ?

Come on , have some imagination or creativity , try to come up with some intelligent meaning of life
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 01:22 PM by ClydeLee.)
(05-01-2012 01:08 PM)AbdelZ Wrote:  Is the purpose or meaning of life just the pleasures of the senses like our Khayyam seemed to say ?

Come on , have some imagination or creativity , try to come up with some intelligent meaning of life

Try to come up with...? How about trying to see things as they may fit to reality. That in it's particular way doesn't stifle creativity but is enhancing to imaginary experiences.

Life's meaning is what you apply it to be, which can be a mass of wonderful things as that is what existence contains in abundances.

I hate new years eve/day not just because it's silly to celebrate a year in rotation around the sun, but the particular Gregorian calendar date of Dec. 31/Jan 1st has no basis for being the date. It serves no correlation to any connection of a point with the earth around the sun which other have at least had a particular attempt to make, like Celtic Oct. 31st which falls is close between the Autumnal Equinox and Winter Solstice.