Thoughts From a Southern Belle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Heart Thoughts From a Southern Belle
Living in Georgia and being atheist definitely do not go hand in hand. Especially only being 16 and going to the high school located right smack-dab in the middle of HickTown, USA. I get looks of disbelief and right near fear when I tell people I do not believe in a God. They aren't used to people being open about it. But then they get to know me. I believe I show the people around me that not all atheists are scary, horrible witches and warlocks. That we don't worship the devil or sacrifice animals or eat babies. I like to show that, contrary to popular belief, being an atheist doesn't make me any different than anyone else. Other than getting more beauty sleep on Sunday mornings. Heart
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 04:20 AM
RE: Thoughts From a Southern Belle
You don't eat babies? And you call yourself an atheist? Unbelievable!

Welcome to the forums!

Showing the masses that we are all still very caring and compassionate people is something we all need to work on. Sometimes we come across as being just as judgmental as those we are arguing with and it hurts our cause more than it changes their mind. Lately I have even thought about going to a few of the churches around town and asking to open a dialogue. Not to argue or even discuss or beliefs but to show them we are good people. Not sure if it will work though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Hi and welcome

The baby-eating is the best running gag evar!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
02-06-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey,
Welcome to the forums.
Well , if you finish high-school and go to college you will probably get high-fivez when you proclaim your disbelief Wink

And if you notice Observer is on the forum asking for recipes to eat a baby : I mean just look at his user name and picture Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, the more education you get, the less stupid people you seem to encounter. Just hold on and look on the bright side of things.

And welcome to the forum! Smile

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
(02-06-2011 04:38 AM)The_observer Wrote:  The baby-eating is the best running gag evar!

Wait ... it's just a gag? ... when exactly were we supposed to actually stop eating babies? ... i could be in some trouble here ...

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
05-06-2011, 05:41 AM
(04-06-2011 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-06-2011 04:38 AM)The_observer Wrote:  The baby-eating is the best running gag evar!

Wait ... it's just a gag? ... when exactly were we supposed to actually stop eating babies? ... i could be in some trouble here ...

Yeah. I did not get this memo. Should we run to mexico? Do they extradite for eating babies?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
(05-06-2011 05:41 AM)riseinside Wrote:  
(04-06-2011 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
Yeah. I did not get this memo. Should we run to mexico? Do they extradite for eating babies?

[Image: Linde1.jpg]

[Image: Linde2.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
06-06-2011, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 07:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-06-2011 01:42 PM)The_observer Wrote:  [Image: Linde2.jpg]

Looks scrumpdillyicious! ... But I'm thinking you're gonna have to fight the canine for it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.