Thoughts before bed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Thoughts before bed
(06-06-2016 09:17 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So I forget where I saw this picture, likely Pinterest, but it was like a starving child in some poor country. The caption was something along the lines of "how can God exist and allow this to happen?" I'm sure you know the type.
Anyway I know most Christians say things like that are because of sin. And now, it's just horrible to me.
There's songs like "Jesus loves the little children all the children of the world"
And then Christians like to say that until you're of an accountable age God doesn't hold your sins against you basically.
But kids are starving and dying.. And Jesus loves them? Kids are being abused and Jesus loves them but it's allowed to happen.

Or is sin different based on where you live and how much money you have? Sure you get rewarded for you're troubles in the afterlife but that's only if you accept Jesus when you're old enough to be held accountable if you're sins and actions.

Does that make sense?
According again to Christians all sins are equal, they are punished in the same way.. So why are people suffering greater than others? Why are people sinning and living comfortably while others suffer through their sins?? Because they are saved? Does it really make that big of a difference? But wait! There's people who are saved but suffering through sin.
If the suffering of the world is due to sin, then why is it not the same for everyone if the punishment of not accepting Jesus is the same?

Because Christians say all sin is equal in gods eyes but some people really do suffer more..

Honestly I don't even know if I made the point I originally wanted to make because I nearly forgot to post this until I was half asleep.

This is what turned me off religion when I was 10. Reading the bible, and reading Grimm's fairy tales (which are quite grim Smile ) it all looked the same to me, cruel. The bible and the fairy tales both got filed away together.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016, 01:00 PM
And i think we have, once again, demonstrated that we are more moral than god, by understanding that sick, starving and dying children dont deserve it.
The only god that could exist and allow it to happen would be an evil one, or one simply undeserving of worship.
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon Blue's post
08-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Free will does not explain cancer or tsunamis or walking pneumonia.

I didn't let my toddler son cross the street unattended. The Christian god is fine letting his "children" dance in the Devil's Headlights.

Who is the better father?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-06-2016, 10:17 PM
It's all part of the divine plan. It's always the divine plan.

I heard that suffering it's a way to magnify the goodness of god. Pretty narcissistic if you ask me.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
09-06-2016, 12:20 AM
(08-06-2016 10:17 PM)Seeking_Truth Wrote:  It's all part of the divine plan. It's always the divine plan.

I heard that suffering it's a way to magnify the goodness of god. Pretty narcissistic if you ask me.

Or pretty convenient, depending on how you look at it.