Thoughts of suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2013, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2013 01:33 AM by JAH.)
RE: Thoughts of suicide
Dom, the short answer is yes. I have made my wishes given that possibility clear to all my family. I have in fact instructed my children to take me to a specific glacier in Yosemite Park and strip me of my clothes and abandon me. I have determined that they will not do it and the mother of my children tells me that this is too heavy a burden to place on them. I will however, if it becomes real that I am falling into dementia, ask a doctor for a sufficient amount of some drug that I may die peacefully. They will not be allowed.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/12/i...dads-life/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2013, 02:10 PM
What DLJ said.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
13-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Try different medications, talk to your doctor or some kind of professional often about how you're feeling. If you're not comfortable talking to strangers about how you're feeling or what you are going through, find a close family member or friend you can trust with something like this. Talk to them and seek support by them. Talking can help.

I think a lot of the people here can give you very open minded answers and answers you'll be able to relate to. Some people here can almost exactly relate to you and what you're going through- some old with the mindset of teen angst, and some older with knowledge of what life is really like.

Try to keep your head up. Find comfort by friends and family, not by substance. Motivate yourself and find something you like to do during your spare time- something that you enjoy to do that distracts you from topics such as these.
13-08-2013, 02:58 PM
(13-08-2013 01:28 AM)JAH Wrote:  Dom, the short answer is yes. I have made my wishes given that possibility clear to all my family. I have in fact instructed my children to take me to a specific glacier in Yosemite Park and strip me of my clothes and abandon me. I have determined that they will not do it and the mother of my children tells me that this is too heavy a burden to place on them. I will however, if it becomes real that I am falling into dementia, ask a doctor for a sufficient amount of some drug that I may die peacefully. They will not be allowed.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/08/12/i...dads-life/

Oh heck no, you don't want to involve anyone else in that!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Dom, I will agree no one should involve another in their own death. I think you and I should let this thread be. It should be about the OP and their specific problem.
13-08-2013, 04:51 PM
(13-08-2013 04:49 PM)JAH Wrote:  Dom, I will agree no one should involve another in their own death. I think you and I should let this thread be. It should be about the OP and their specific problem.

Agreed.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-08-2013, 04:57 PM
(11-08-2013 05:30 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Interrupt your self when you are feeling down and review your thoughts, if you find you are sad with very little reason to be sad then realize you are simply in a depressive episode that will pass.

Yes, that! Interrupting yourself and realizing that you are thinking the "bad thoughts" again. Just identifying this can have a positive effect on a lot of psychological phenomena, it is a technique used by a lot of groups.