Thoughts on BLM

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-06-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Thoughts on BLM
(15-06-2016 02:20 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yes - I am accepting of the claim that white people are incompetent in organizing justice and that they need to be excluded from the task in the ambition to allow non-whites to do it without white people intimidating them.

Yeah, no. Assigining different definitions of justice according to skin color is stupid, and should be beneath your consideration. We all have to live here together. We all should have input into laws. Excluding any group, especially on such a superficial basis as skin-tone, is a silly idea unworthy of further comment.

(15-06-2016 02:20 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  In truth, I believe white people are superior in the task, and I can guarantee that white men are years ahead in the task, There are no black people proposing constitutional changes to fix things - do you know of any legislation written to correct the things that #BLM wants corrected???

Firstly, "constitutional changes" aren't "legislation". Secondly, you can't really guarantee jack-shit without sources, and solid sources, so that part of your post looks an awful lot like argumentum ex culo, and leaves the reader unimpressed. Finally, you seem to be unaware of the proposed legislation prompted by objections to police harrassment/brutality in over forty states requiring
mandatory bodycams for every police officer, racial-bias training, and requirements for independent investigations. Inform yourself much?

I dn't really care what you "believe". I care what you can demonstrate. I won't bother opining on what you've publicly demonstrated in this post, except to say you don't come out smelling like roses for it.

If you don't have facts on your side, I'm not otherwise interested in your fulminations. Forgive my apathy to what is clearly a bete-noir of yours.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 10:30 PM
The contention with the BlackLivesMatter people is that they have different description of justice - they see black people as being inherently innocent because they are black. Where as my side reviews the course of the situation and sees that the blacks involved are perpetrating crimes and resisting arrest in the hopes that they can get away with it - they don't act like they are innocent.

I do not want to assign different definitions of justice, but if black people do not demonstrate that they can police themselves, they are not going to be content with white people's organization of justice.
The link you provided seems to be very unreliable, and probably just a pandering to black people.
As far as other white people organizing constitutional changes there is Convention of States, and a group of state legislators meeting ALEC - they will meet next month coinciding with the political conventions.

There are several amendment system proposals by some prominent lawyer-pundits; Larry Sabato, A More Perfect Union; Mark Levin, The Liberty Amendments; and one of the former Supreme Court Justices has a small list.

I would give you the links, but I am on my tablet and it is too difficult to do it all.

And then of course, there is me; I say the country was founded by racist slave owners and we need a whole new constitution system - http://www.secularlibrary.com
You are living in the 'source' of white people's organization of justice.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
15-06-2016, 11:09 PM
(15-06-2016 10:30 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The contention with the BlackLivesMatter people is that they have different description of justice - they see black people as being inherently innocent because they are black.

Can you back that with a BLM-sanctioned source?
16-06-2016, 12:57 AM
BlackLivesMatter was formed because they believe innocent black people are being unjustly killed by racist white police. BlackLivesMatter did not form because black people were getting killed by black people. Black people have no problem with blacks killing black people, and calling them bad names - that is woven into your culture, because the rest of your culture is pretty much based on racism against white people, and striving to prove that you are equal and deserve special respect for trying.

Mark Levin - Liberty Amendments

Larry Sabato - A More Perfect Constitution

Justice Stevens - Six Amendments

Convention of States

ALEC

Lots of white people thinking about changing the Constitution. Black people will be invited to participate, you can bet that will happen, but will they have anything to contribute???Consider

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
16-06-2016, 02:39 AM
Thump, please stop interacting with this jackass.

Feeding the trolls annoys the rest of us, and I frankly don't want to have to have my eyes stabbed by racist assholery every time I open up a thread with him in it.

Do like every female on the planet does-- ignore him, and eventually he'll go away.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-06-2016, 06:25 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 06:44 AM by Chas.)
(12-06-2016 06:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 03:50 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  ...

Girlyman is happy to see you yet live. Try not to be your usual asshole.

Sorry, GM, that train left the station long ago.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2016, 06:34 AM
(14-06-2016 10:52 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:47 PM)SYZ Wrote:  You do know that Brown attempted to wrestle the officer's service weapon from his holster, and it discharged twice? But you don't describe that as thuggish. Sorry, but I do—the officer could easily have been killed.

I think Michael Brown got his gun. The officer hit the gas, turned the car around, and he pulled out the rifle; and it was a gun fight. Brown could not aim the revolver for shit, and the officer picked him off from a hundred feet, or so, with one round.

That isn't even close to what happened. What are you smoking? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2016, 09:44 AM
(16-06-2016 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  That isn't even close to what happened. What are you smoking? Consider

Yeah, I got to stop doing that.

16-06-2016, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 10:20 AM by TrainWreck.)
(16-06-2016 02:39 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Thump, please stop interacting with this jackass.

Feeding the trolls annoys the rest of us, and I frankly don't want to have to have my eyes stabbed by racist assholery every time I open up a thread with him in it.

Do like every female on the planet does-- ignore him, and eventually he'll go away.
Yeah call me a racist, that will make him admire you for being so brave. I am trying to organize the constitutional convention that will be open to blacks, and women, and homosexuals, and Muslims, and all the other demographics who did not participate in the 1787 convention that started what has turned-out to be the greatest advancement in technology and civilization.

I am not a racist - my direct supervisor is an inefficient black cook from South Carolina, and he will tell you that I treat him with respect and that I am at his beck and call throughout the shift - he is very reliant on me to go for this and to go for that, for him. We do not talk about race, because he is a coward.

I am very confident that all black people are cowards when it comes to talking about race - I have the stopper. I am confident that Bill Clinton initiated the stopper way back when. I believe Bill Clinton had a lot to do with the release of Nelson Mandela and the intellectual challenge he was subsequently charged with - organizing South Africa to be a haven for black people. I am very confident that Sean Penn came to the realization in Haiti that black people do not care about their brethren. I believe that white people have tried their best to lead blacks out of the poverty in Africa, but blacks are missing something in their intelligence; and the leaders around the world recognize this and are wondering what we are going to do.

Michael Brown's parents were set-up by the United Nations in Geneva
. The UN brought them out of the United States, and let them say what they wanted to say, and they told them that black people were abused in America. I am sure the UN offered them political asylum, but what did they do??? They returned to their ghetto in Fergusun, Missouri.

Black people's reasoning is all fucked-up, and white people have to fix it. I am not a racist, but as long as people are going to designate me as such, I am going to be the "devil's advocate." Black people are not going to get very far with white people who are afraid and therefore pander to black people. Black people need to do community by themselves to find out how difficult it is to do.

16-06-2016, 11:15 AM
(24-05-2016 01:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I agree that black-on-black crime is the elephant in the room which BLM is ignoring.

Isn't a lot of black on black crime exacerbated by the war on drugs? Makes it a bit more difficult to do something about that when the drug war a big factor.