Thoughts on BLM

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-06-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Thoughts on BLM
I tend to side with all lives matter.

As for the police and how they treat people...I think there are just some bad cops...period. There are racist cops, there are cops who think way too much of their authority, there are cops who are just assholes. Just like the rest of the population.

I'm white, my kids are white so my perspective comes from there.

Now this wasn't a shooting or any kind of physical or verbal abuse situation but more a zealous cop or a bored cop, in my opinion.

My son was leaving for work at a little after four in the morning. Like he has been doing for years. He was in his hail damaged Mustang and had just left his house. He saw an officer sitting in a parking lot and knew he was going to get pulled over. And he was. The officer asked if he knew why he was stopped and my son said no. He knew he wasn't speeding or disobeying any other laws. The officer had been right on my son's ass but stated that his light was out above his license plate and was unable to read it from 50 feet behind him.

Okay...son hands over all the requested paperwork and cop runs a check on him. Cop comes back to the car and asks where son is going...he replies work. It's then that the cop sees son is in a Pepsi uniform. Cop says he is giving son a verbal warning. Son waited till dark last night and took a picture of the light glowing above license plate. He was late for work because a cop felt the need to fuck with a young guy in a beat up car.

Son's last stop was late at night coming home from work because he didn't put on his turn signal when he was in a left turn lane. That time he had to get out of the car while his car was searched and backup was called in because the cop saw a box cutter in his tool belt laying on the back seat. Again he was in his Pepsi uniform. That was nine years ago.

Sometimes I think they just need to flex their authority muscles.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2016, 11:17 AM
(11-06-2016 08:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The Black Lives Matter activists I've seen so far were criminal and violent subhuman trash. I'm not at all surprised that people don't care about them being shot by the police.

A German using untermenschen rhetoric. Shocking ... never heard of it before.
11-06-2016, 11:40 AM
(11-06-2016 11:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A German using untermenschen rhetoric. Shocking ... never heard of it before.
Are you just trying to get a rise out of me by suggesting that I'm a Neo-Nazi or do you have some sort of point to make? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-06-2016, 12:04 PM
(24-05-2016 12:13 PM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Black Lives Matter(BLM) is a group that defines itself as a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes. Police and vigilantes. On the groups website it mentions nothing but cases of black men and women being harassed or in some cases killed by these two groups. Now although I do agree that the recent killings of the cases mentioned do deserve some recognition I think its rather peculiar that only these groups were mentioned.

May 23 2016 Edward Nero was cleared of all charges against him in the death of the Freddie Gray. Most are calling for justice to be dealt(well the justice they want). The previous day (in the exact same city where Freddie Gray's death took place) Cortez Brown was shot and later died at a Siana hospital. The suspect, Brandon Lucas has been charged with first degree murder of Brown. Both the suspect and the victim were black.

Now this of course is no isolated incident. There are many cities throughout the U.S. where black on black killings are embarrassingly high and have been for some time.

Police were responsible for 102 unarmed black people in 2015 in the entire country. In the same year 366 black men were killed in the city of Chicago. Of that number police were responsible for 11. Of the 366, 67 of the suspects were black themselves and only 7 from other groups. That's right 287 of those killed don't even have suspects. Meaning the number can only go up for black men killed by other black men.

Now there are other cities that have similar statistics such as Baltimore, Oakland, New Orleans, and New York but for the sake of time I will invite you to do your own research.

Now I bring up these statistics not to say that the wrongful killings of black people across the country do not deserve attention or proper justice. Quite the contrary. I also fear for my life when pulled over so I understand this problem does exist. My problem is with the lack of attention to our own communities as black people. It is laughable that we cry over just a handful of instances against cops and not even mention the death of others. On the black lives matter website there is not one article or mention of deaths black men and women committed by other black men and women. I have seen many different demonstrations and protest in response to the killings of black people by cops. Many people tweet and discuss about this issue. But not a march, demonstration, or protest of this problem we have in our own communities.

This BLM movement is nothing more than the new NAACP which did nothing but exploit their own culture for hopes of a nice check. They are nothing more than hypocrites.

For those of you who support this movement, have you ever thought that we do not get the respect we seek due to black people not even respecting themselves, their communities, or anyone else for that matter? Until we can actually show respect to each other how can we demand respect from those outside of our culture?
Red and green highlights. Questions related to them.

Could police impunity partly explain why BLM focuses on police killings and less or not at all on black on black?

Could the problem be not so much the actual violence but the lack of consequences for perpetrators, more-so if they are police?

Should police place more value on the lives of the people they encounter in their line of work, more-so blacks?

Should policemen be able to always justify the death of innocent victims of any color, but more-so black, by appealing to their own fears for their lives?

If a victim is known to be innocent, barring obvious accidents in the line of work, shouldn't there be consequences for the actions of the police that put innocent people's live in danger?

That said, I find Mike Brown a weak rallying point for BLM; without justifying his death, he was obviously a thug. I am more sympathetic to cases like Tamir Rice and Eric Garner.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
12-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Mike Brown was no thug. Anyone who knew him said he was just a regular kid, and generally a nice one. The video of him getting in the face of the shopkeeper shows that he only turned on the guy after he physically tried to bar his exit. The boys tried to buy cigars (doubtless to make blunts out of) but were denied because they weren't 18, so they took them... wrong, but hardly thuggish. I don't know too many teenagers who would have behaved differently, under the circumstances.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2016, 12:26 PM
(11-06-2016 11:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 11:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A German using untermenschen rhetoric. Shocking ... never heard of it before.
Are you just trying to get a rise out of me by suggesting that I'm a Neo-Nazi or do you have some sort of point to make? Consider

I didn't suggest you were NeoNazi. I'm just very surprised you didn't think more about that dimension before you posted such a thing. Most of us consider the impact of our communications before we say something, in order to sculpt the message exactly to the shape we wish. Do you not do that? Or did you in this case, and decided to go with "subhuman" because it communicated exactly what you wished?
12-06-2016, 12:39 PM
(12-06-2016 12:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I didn't suggest you were NeoNazi.
Fair enough, I stand corrected. When you sarcastically talked about never having heard that kind of rhetoric (from a German) before, I couldn't help but think you were making a reference to Hitler's speeches.

(12-06-2016 12:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm just very surprised you didn't think more about that dimension before you posted such a thing. Most of us consider the impact of our communications before we say something, in order to sculpt the message exactly to the shape we wish. Do you not do that? Or did you in this case, and decided to go with "subhuman" because it communicated exactly what you wished?
Indeed, I said exactly what I wanted to say. So what happens now?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Vosur... may I respectfully suggest that your view of the BLM movement has been influenced by media outlets who have a pro-business, pro-authority agenda to push? There have of course been some assholes who make the BLM movement look bad, but they are hardly "most" of the group, and from what I've seen, most of the BLM people have been intellectuals, clergy, and other people of social importance, if only within the black community. When I see people saying that the BLM movement is different from what people I've spoken to within the movement say, I have to wonder how most white people got such poor information. It could be prejudice, yes, but most of the time I think it's part of a deliberate campaign of sensationalism and exaggeration to discredit the movement.

I live only 2 hours from Ferguson, Missouri, and my doctor is there. I have several friends in the city.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major-mis...-movement/

This is a video from one of my friends who lives in the suburb next to Ferguson. Compare it to how your mental images of the place depict it, based on what the media have shown:

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-06-2016, 01:42 PM
(12-06-2016 01:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This is a video from one of my friends who lives in the suburb next to Ferguson. Compare it to how your mental images of the place depict it, based on what the media have shown:

Thank your friend for me. That was fucking brilliant.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-06-2016, 01:49 PM
(12-06-2016 01:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Vosur... may I respectfully suggest that your view of the BLM movement has been influenced by media outlets who have a pro-business, pro-authority agenda to push? There have of course been some assholes who make the BLM movement look bad, but they are hardly "most" of the group, and from what I've seen, most of the BLM people have been intellectuals, clergy, and other people of social importance, if only within the black community. When I see people saying that the BLM movement is different from what people I've spoken to within the movement say, I have to wonder how most white people got such poor information. It could be prejudice, yes, but most of the time I think it's part of a deliberate campaign of sensationalism and exaggeration to discredit the movement.

I live only 2 hours from Ferguson, Missouri, and my doctor is there. I have several friends in the city.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major-mis...-movement/

This is a video from one of my friends who lives in the suburb next to Ferguson. Compare it to how your mental images of the place depict it, based on what the media have shown:

The problem with black lives matter is that black people aren't the only ones who are suffering. It isn't a race thing, it is a people thing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post