Thoughts on BLM

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-06-2016, 11:44 AM
RE: Thoughts on BLM
(14-06-2016 11:24 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  TL;DR: The phrase "Black lives matter" carries an implicit "too" at the end; it's saying that black lives should also matter. Saying "all lives matter" is dismissing the very problems that the phrase is trying to draw attention to.

I think the discussion here is centered around another impled ending to the phrase "black lives matter" ... "no matter who is taking them."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 11:57 AM
(12-06-2016 12:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Fair enough, I stand corrected. When you sarcastically talked about never having heard that kind of rhetoric (from a German) before, I couldn't help but think you were making a reference to Hitler's speeches.

I was, I was indeed.

(12-06-2016 12:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Indeed, I said exactly what I wanted to say. So what happens now?

Might I suggest that one thing which should happen is that you go and look up the word "human" in the dictionary? I'm surprised that you don't seem to have done this, given your insistence on linguistic precision otherwise.

Outside of that, if you deliberately and thoughtfully chose to use the word "subhuman", I'm left to assume that you wanted to conjure shades of that era of your nation's history ... but I don't think that assumption qualifies as a "happening" worthy of note.
15-06-2016, 12:23 PM
(15-06-2016 11:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 12:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Fair enough, I stand corrected. When you sarcastically talked about never having heard that kind of rhetoric (from a German) before, I couldn't help but think you were making a reference to Hitler's speeches.

I was, I was indeed.

(12-06-2016 12:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Indeed, I said exactly what I wanted to say. So what happens now?

Might I suggest that one thing which should happen is that you go and look up the word "human" in the dictionary? I'm surprised that you don't seem to have done this, given your insistence on linguistic precision otherwise.

Outside of that, if you deliberately and thoughtfully chose to use the word "subhuman", I'm left to assume that you wanted to conjure shades of that era of your nation's history ... but I don't think that assumption qualifies as a "happening" worthy of note.
Here, from the same dictionary.

subhuman
adjective
1. Of a lower order of being than humans
2. Zoology (Of a primate) closely related to humans.
3. Not worthy of a human being; debased or depraved

subhuman
noun
1. A subhuman creature or person

Never question a German's linguistic precision. That's just asking for trouble. Big Grin

On a more serious note, all I did was channel my anger about their actions into words that expressed my level of outrage appropriately. I don't know if you can relate to that feeling, but there aren't many things that upset me as much as someone purposefully trying to block rescue service personnel from doing their jobs. These people are supposed to be untouchable neutral agents, like Doctors Without Borders in war zones. It's morally depraved to prevent injured people from receiving the treatment they need. What kind of person would do something like that?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-06-2016, 01:25 PM
(15-06-2016 11:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I think the discussion here is centered around another impled ending to the phrase "black lives matter" ... "no matter who is taking them."

That is the correction that the racist white people would like the #BlackLivesMatter organizers would consider being a better slogan; but the organizers will not do that, because that would weaken their ability to get support which is mostly racist blacks who believe that all white people are out to fuck them over. And the only solution to that is for black people to prove they can do community; and that means organizing a police department, doctors, firemen, sanitation, and so forth and so on. And it is a bunch of stuff that I just don't think black people can do. I have never heard any black people say they can't wait to leave the USA and go to Africa because life is better there.

As fucked-up America is, it's better than any place run by black people - you could have asked Nelson Mandela about that in his later years, and he would have suggested how disappointed he was with black people's understanding of the concept.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
15-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Wreck, I don't consider myself racist ... nor do my black relatives, for what that's worth to you.

Vosur, I got that you were using it colloquially ... just drawing attention to the fact that your colloquial usage has grim parallels in the past.
15-06-2016, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2016 02:13 PM by TrainWreck.)
(15-06-2016 01:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Wreck, I don't consider myself racist ... nor do my black relatives, for what that's worth to you.

It does not matter to me, who is and who isn't a racist - what I am looking for is an organizational plan for doing community written by black people. I have no problem with the claim that the constitutions written by white people have been chaotic messes that the indulgent white people have abused at the expense of non-white people. But so far, the only thing non-white people have proven to be ambitious for is the reigns to the corrupt powers, using the rhetoric of "social justice," when they should be focused on writing political charters to organize communities.

#BLM needs to write the laws that organize the police departments to be "more fair," to ghetto dwelling welfare black people who want to do what ever they want to do.

Who is the person black people need to hear this request from to know that that it is what they should be doing?

Who is the most respected person among black people - Hillary Clinton???

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
15-06-2016, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure that your adjective "non-white" in the last sentence is useful, given that it seems to describe many and perhaps most leaders from all races. Is there a reason you inserted that qualifier in there?
15-06-2016, 02:20 PM
(15-06-2016 02:11 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not sure that your adjective "non-white" in the last sentence is useful, given that it seems to describe many and perhaps most leaders from all races. Is there a reason you inserted that qualifier in there?
Yes - I am accepting of the claim that white people are incompetent in organizing justice and that they need to be excluded from the task in the ambition to allow non-whites to do it without white people intimidating them.

In truth, I believe white people are superior in the task, and I can guarantee that white men are years ahead in the task, There are no black people proposing constitutional changes to fix things - do you know of any legislation written to correct the things that #BLM wants corrected???

15-06-2016, 04:10 PM
(14-06-2016 07:50 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:40 PM)Losty Wrote:  Nothing makes a person subhuman or trash. Nothing justifies treating another person like they're subhuman or trash.

Paedophilia does. I'd be happy to throw the switch.

1) I disagree

2) are you saying kill all pedophiles even if they've never committed a crime and/or are seeking treatment for their mental illness?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-06-2016, 04:13 PM
(15-06-2016 12:23 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 11:57 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I was, I was indeed.

Here, from the same dictionary.

subhuman
adjective
1. Of a lower order of being than humans
2. Zoology (Of a primate) closely related to humans.
3. Not worthy of a human being; debased or depraved

subhuman
noun
1. A subhuman creature or person

Never question a German's linguistic precision. That's just asking for trouble. Big Grin

Do you think a DNA test would prove your assertion about members of the BLM being subhuman?

Never underestimate a harlot's ability to be a smartass. Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post