Thoughts on Hitler?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Thoughts on Hitler?
(14-03-2014 09:30 AM)Dee Wrote:  Hitler was a minimally decent artist, and at 18 he failed to get into the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts--his only dream at the time. He never really forgave them. His art did not reach beyond the classical, and at that period in time the modern artists were the cream of the academy.

When Hitler became a power in Germany, he pointedly attacked modernist art and artists, destroying many modern artworks and holding them up for public ridicule.

His failure in the world of art contributed, no one knows how much, to his twisted nature.

[Image: 20130918.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-03-2014, 11:09 AM
Its easy to point at Hitler and assume that he was behind all the atrocities of WW2... True, he was leader of one of the most evil regimes in history.

But, for me, no-one in history even approaches Heinrich Himmler for pure evil. The man was unbelievably sadistic, and was seemingly devoid of remorse.

But really the Second World War was, for a few years, a demonstration of a complete failure of human civilization, from all sides. There was never anything like it before, and we just have to hope there'll be nothing like it again.

The stars are matter, we are matter... but it doesn't matter. - Captain Beefheart
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
14-03-2014, 12:01 PM
(14-03-2014 09:30 AM)Dee Wrote:  ...to his twisted nature.

Obviously, not an artist.

Of what I cannot approve, this, that so many are ready to ridicule, to judge... I mean, it is a fucking meme, if you could go back in time and kill...

Lemme tell you motherfuckers, as a certified psychopath, you do not know what it means, to kill...

Where were we? Oh, art... and justification.

Art is that which is created by the artist, and I dare you, heathen, to deny me...

Justification, I'm not so sure... I cannot justify Hitler, for I would not do as such.

And my Gwynnies, she's kinda Jewish. Blush

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-03-2014, 12:21 PM
He was hugely anti-smoking and pro-animal rights.

Nazi scientists proved in the 1940's that there was a link smoking and lung cancer. Hitler also banned most types of animal hunting as he found it cruel (just a pity he didn't show people equal compassion).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 4 users Like Hughsie's post
14-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Certainly there is no justification for a twisted regime birthed by a twisted man.

We are however at liberty to at least contemplate the what ifs . . . as the horror of Nazi Germany resonates in most of us, and of course there is the topic of the thread.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
14-03-2014, 12:32 PM
If Hitler had won WWII there would be statues of him all over Europe and the Church would have made him a saint.

Quote:History is the propaganda of the victors.
- Ernst Toller

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
14-03-2014, 01:07 PM
One thing I give him credit for is the fact that he spoke to millions of Germans from the podium, and nobody understood more than 3 words... thats fuckin brilliant. Unsure

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
14-03-2014, 01:08 PM
(14-03-2014 01:07 PM)War Horse Wrote:  One thing I give him credit for is the fact that he spoke to millions of Germans from the podium, and nobody understood more than 3 words... thats fuckin brilliant. Unsure

I dunno, I recall a certain politician from Texas doing just that in recent memory. And no one accused him of being brilliant...

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
14-03-2014, 01:15 PM
(14-03-2014 01:08 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 01:07 PM)War Horse Wrote:  One thing I give him credit for is the fact that he spoke to millions of Germans from the podium, and nobody understood more than 3 words... thats fuckin brilliant. Unsure

I dunno, I recall a certain politician from Texas doing just that in recent memory. And no one accused him of being brilliant...

Sarcasm Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
14-03-2014, 01:16 PM
(14-03-2014 01:15 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 01:08 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I dunno, I recall a certain politician from Texas doing just that in recent memory. And no one accused him of being brilliant...

Sarcasm Dodgy

ditto

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister