Thoughts on Mars One?
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
06-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Thoughts on Mars One?
I am starting to get kinda.....you know that feeling when you know something is correct and you have absolute irrefutable ( at least you think you do ) Proof something is a certain way...and that creeping feeling that comes much later when stuff keeps happening and that horrid feeling dawns on you that....there might...just be a 0.01% chance you are...wrong? ...or have been wrong?

Well, we all know ( at least I do! ) That Mars One was a scam from the get go! ...but...the weird thing is...not only has no one finally brought the US or the neatherlands government to shut them down from whatever place in the internet they are hiding in.

I mean, you have to PAY them money to be a part of this and it is a popularity contest to send people on "THE" Singular most important space based mission in human history that is NOT a part of Nasa! Popularity contest is 90% of who they select based on the Youtube video loaded to their website. At least, that is how it was when I first signed on day one and found irrifutibly that it was a massive cleverly hidden scam lol!

but....they haven't been arrested aaaaannnnddd...ummmm..
https://gma.yahoo.com/signing-mission-ma...-tech.html

people like yahoo are still talking about them....


I know they are fraud.. I KNOW they are stealing money and wasting peoples time and when it comes to the day of the shuttle launch, there will be no rocket and they will vanish like a fart in the wind! That much a lot of us knows!

...but...I am getting that creeping feeling that I spoke of earlier...that there might just be a 0.01% chance of me..wrong?

1.Its NOT NASA.
2. They are NOT selecting military professionals or scientists for this mission. It is ordinary people who have no military, or formal government scientific expertise.
3. It is a global contest and not a part of a country.
4. Anyone can join and sign up, and everyone else is as eligible as the last.
5. They are selling MERCH on their website which implies "retail" and pushes the scam button even more as they have been asking for donations from supporters to help "fund" the project.
6. The planetary society and NASA has never commented on it at all, that I know of.


If this was legit and it is not. It would be supported by other science and space agencies whom that I know of have been completely silent on the matter.



Is there that .01 that I am wrong? Cuz, I would think that they would have just given up already and just ran off with da monies! Am I right to assume that they are still taking peoples cash from all the donations and merch until the end? Or do you think its legit?


My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Thoughts on Mars One?
Way to go, there were several government agencies secretly closing in on these scammers.
Now you've tipped them off. Nice job. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
18-03-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Thoughts on Mars One?
A scam is an intentional fraud. I think there's as much as a1% chance that the people running it actually believe in what they're doing. The idea is completely wacko. They do not have the technology, and there are a myriad of serious issues that have yet to be addressed. Old people near the end of their lives would not be able to endure the rigors of the launch and the long journey, and anyone not at the end of their life who wants to spend the rest of their life living in a bunker under the surface of Mars is certifiably insane. But the people running the Mars One program just might be well-intentioned folks who are too stupid to comprehend the impossibility of what they are proposing. I say 99% chance it's a fraud, and 1% chance it's well-intentioned foolishness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Thoughts on Mars One?
I say there is a 0.01% chance that the probabilities listed in this thread are accurate (including this one)

Whether it's a scam or not, it is certainly a good gauge of whether the world is interested. Even if it turns out to be a scam, I really hope they continue it until launch day. That way it wont just be a blurb in the news, it will be a fantastic event where the world goes "FUUUUCCCCCKK, I never realized how much I wanted that to be really happening."

.. and then maybe it actually will.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Thoughts on Mars One?
I don't know if the planetary society has given any official statements but I know board member and founders like NDT and Bill Nye have talked about it publicly in places. There has been several topics of different degrees in conversations about it Tyson has had on his podcast Startalk.

Just like any exploration adventure of the past; there is great risks involved not just to those GOING but those investing to see if it even will get sent off.

It might fail and not amount to any missions... but in doing so it also may be effective at raising awareness of the ideas and missions, which get other people encouraged for more detailed missions. It's still potentially laying groundwork in that pessimistic scenario.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Thoughts on Mars One?
I imagine people will go to Mars some day. I just think that the Mars One outfit is spectacularly incompetent to organize it, and that anyone who would seriously sign up for a one-way trip to a place where they'd be condemned to a life underground is too wacko to be of any more use than the dogs and monkeys they sent up on the first Earth orbiters.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: