• 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Thoughts on Pantheism?
↑↑ When he talks politics.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
(05-02-2013 01:39 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  ↑↑ When he talks politics.

Example?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I'd have to read something hes written to find a specific example, because I don't pay much attention when he and other prominent atheists talk politics. But, I don't really think that's necessary. In general, he's a modern liberal and modern liberal policies are destructive to the economy, the poor and to business. Come to think of it, when we consider modern liberals like Obama, modern liberal foreign policy is pretty destructive to everyone involved.

And with all that said, there's really no appreciable difference between modern liberals and modern conservatives so it could be simplified by just saying, statist policies or statism writ large.
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
(05-02-2013 02:21 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I'd have to read something hes written to find a specific example, because I don't pay much attention when he and other prominent atheists talk politics. But, I don't really think that's necessary. In general, he's a modern liberal and modern liberal policies are destructive to the economy, the poor and to business. Come to think of it, when we consider modern liberals like Obama, modern liberal foreign policy is pretty destructive to everyone involved.

And with all that said, there's really no appreciable difference between modern liberals and modern conservatives so it could be simplified by just saying, statist policies or statism writ large.

Then I can safely ignore your uninformed, unsupported statement.

05-02-2013, 02:45 PM
(05-02-2013 10:50 AM)Egor Wrote:  Pantheism is the idea that the universe is real and it exists and consciousness is part of it or arises from it, and so the whole thing is God.

Monism is slightly different, but the slight difference makes all the difference in the world. Monism claims that all there is, is God. God is the only real thing, and God creates things from his substance.

So, pantheism says everything is God. Monism says everything is made from God.

Veridicanism realizes this necessary monistic nature of God, and sees in the Gospel exactly how one should live if God is in fact the monistic fundamental entity.

Once one realizes what God is, the very next thought is, "What am I?" And ultimately that is a more important question for individuals.
At what point did the OP ask anything about the cult of Veridicanism? Oh right, they didn't, but nevertheless you had to plug your cult. Its not all about you and your freakshow Egor.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
It's hippy atheism.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-02-2013, 03:01 PM

(05-02-2013 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Like all the other thousands of religions, you make unsubstantiated claims. Have at it, but you (and the rest) are simply unconvincing.

Go take a pill or something, Chas. No one's trying to convert you. This is a philosophical discussion. You're still free to do whatever debauchery you do that requires you to be an athiest to morally and mentally tolerate yourself....mmmmkay?
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 03:44 PM
(05-02-2013 03:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 11:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  Like all the other thousands of religions, you make unsubstantiated claims. Have at it, but you (and the rest) are simply unconvincing.

Go take a pill or something, Chas. No one's trying to convert you. This is a philosophical discussion. You're still free to do whatever debauchery you do that requires you to be an athiest to morally and mentally tolerate yourself....mmmmkay?

Go fuck yourself, Ed. Mmmkay?

Pantheism has no evidentiary basis, it's all unsubstantiated claims.

05-02-2013, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 05:28 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-02-2013 03:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 03:01 PM)Egor Wrote:  Go take a pill or something, Chas. No one's trying to convert you. This is a philosophical discussion. You're still free to do whatever debauchery you do that requires you to be an athiest to morally and mentally tolerate yourself....mmmmkay?

Go fuck yourself, Ed. Mmmkay?

Pantheism has no evidentiary basis, it's all unsubstantiated claims.
He really is afraid of something, ( in himself, obviously ). What WOULD we do without the self-righteous reminding us how much better they are than the evil debauched "lost". Didn't Jebus tell those people to "judge not, lest ye be judged" ? Now you would think a "bishop" would know that. Now I am also a bishop, (yep I bought one online, just like he did), maybe I should haul him into bishop peer-review ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Unsupported in that post, yes, but not uninformed. After putting some thought into it, the inferences to liberalism I got were in a talk he did with Lawrence Krauss and in a debate with Wendy Wright. Also, he has included metaphors relating natural selection to capitalism with the obvious implication being that capitalism is hostile and unfair.

You might well disagree with me on that point and that's perfectly fine but, casting baseless assertions about my level knowledge is unnecessary. Wink