Thoughts on the White Power Movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 05:41 AM
RE: Thoughts on the White Power Movement
Would the Borg qualify as a "race"?

BTW, the only real race on this planet is Paris-Dakar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2016, 07:15 AM
(27-06-2016 05:17 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Any group that promotes people based on their skin color, is racist. (as the word "racist" is commonly defined)

There's actually only one race on this planet --

When the Klingons show up, there will be two...

the vulcans make first contact. get your facts straight.

The Vulcans already made contact. They raised an eyebrow and left us to our own devices.

[Image: eyebrow-081.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-06-2016, 07:17 AM
(27-06-2016 05:41 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Would the Borg qualify as a "race"?

BTW, the only real race on this planet is Paris-Dakar.

The Borg began as human. I read the big novel where it showed their beginning and eventual destruction.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
27-06-2016, 11:19 AM
(27-06-2016 02:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The guys in that photo are there because they are guaranteeing that everyone can freely and safely come TO vote, in places where voter suppression/intimidation has been or still is a problem.

It is absurd to believe that anyone is being denied to vote because they are black.

The election process is corrupt, and the problem is that black people believe that they need to take advantage of the legendary corrupt system and "stuff the box." Again, for blacks it is not about fixing any problems with any system - it's about using the corrupt powers to advance their politicians to their self prosperity on the backs of their black constituency.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2016, 03:16 PM
(27-06-2016 11:19 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 02:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The guys in that photo are there because they are guaranteeing that everyone can freely and safely come TO vote, in places where voter suppression/intimidation has been or still is a problem.

It is absurd to believe that anyone is being denied to vote because they are black.

The election process is corrupt, and the problem is that black people believe that they need to take advantage of the legendary corrupt system and "stuff the box." Again, for blacks it is not about fixing any problems with any system - it's about using the corrupt powers to advance their politicians to their self prosperity on the backs of their black constituency.
During the 1964 presidential election I saw people we knew were Kluxers sitting across the street from the poling stations in their pickup trucks with the Easy Rider Rifle Racks. They had cameras ready. That was enough to keep blacks away.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
27-06-2016, 04:06 PM
(27-06-2016 11:19 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

Wow. Freakin' educate yourself, man.

Attempts continue to this day to threaten people with the specter of arrest (because the government doesn't tell people when they have warrants, and communities of color are often afraid to present their IDs, lest they find out the hard way that they're wanted, which can happen easily due to the "Name Three Go Free"-type programs in which drug offenders are pressured to give names to police, any names, in order to get a reduced sentence) has been ongoing since the white supremacist sympathizers lost the ability to actually do it with the passage of the Voting Rights Act in 1965. The presence of the Panthers is a message that they won't allow the cops to intimidate voters-- they really don't, but the people often don't know that the propaganda are lies, and so the visible presence of a black power group is reassuring and likely to increase the turnout.

http://www.pfaw.org/media-center/publica...on-america

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2016, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:29 PM by TrainWreck.)
(27-06-2016 04:06 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ... lest they find out the hard way that they're wanted, which can happen easily due to the "Name Three Go Free"

That's pretty good - I believe it. I doubt that it happened so efficiently that it adversely effected any election, or civil services to the demographic population that you describe as being disenfranchised.
Gasp

I mean what is their grievance - they didn't get to vote for corrupt politicians who don't want anything to do with them??? Were the politicians willing to bail them out of a trial???

Would you like to see gangster-wanna-bes and psychotics endorsing politicians?!?!?!

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
27-06-2016, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:33 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(27-06-2016 04:24 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I mean what is their grievance - they didn't get to vote for corrupt politicians who don't want anything to do with them???

To be fair, this is my grievance, too.

Edit to Add: It doesn't matter whether or not it actually changes/ed the outcome of a vote, you know, though it's impossible to know how many WOULD turn out and how they would vote if completely unfettered by this history and recent US policing policy. It matters that people in this country think it's acceptable to suppress the votes of a group they actively work against (or who perceive them as such, and thus vote against) in order to try to win at any cost... that cost being actual democracy.

Regardless of the appearance, I applaud any effort to guarantee that everyone who is eligible to vote feels free to do so, openly and without fear, and so I support the groups who try to do that, and fight against attempts to paint them as influencing the vote in the other direction through intimidation. Influencing the vote by ensuring people CAN vote is Democracy 101.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
27-06-2016, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:39 PM by TrainWreck.)
You don't have a warrant.

You should work on the compromise legislation for those who have served their time and demonstrated good "humanist/atheist" citizenship.

27-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Thoughts on the White Power Movement
[Image: 0b766a915f3c89b79e79af1931c86c3c.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post