Thoughts on the White Power Movement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Thoughts on the White Power Movement
(27-06-2016 04:31 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You don't have a warrant

You don't know that and neither do I... usually, a person learns they have a warrant when the police officer runs their name and says, "You're under arrest." You might have a warrant right now, and so might I. Recently, I learned I did have a warrant out for me-- but only AFTER I got a letter that didn't mention the warrant at all, but only told me that the State of Kansas felt I owed them tax money from 2005... once I proved that I did not, and in fact that they owed me money, getting the whole issue dropped, I finally got a letter in the mail stating that my warrant had been dismissed.

There are a hundred other scenarios in which this can happen, especially in a heavily-policed culture in which plea bargains for actual offenders often include an incentive to lie about innocent people in order to offer something to attain that bargain, in something reminiscent of the McCarthy-era Red Scare questions.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2016, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-06-2016 12:20 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This society has a lot more tolerance for a Black Power movement than a White Power Movement. Below is a picture of members of a Black Power movement outside a polling station during an election.

[Image: th?&id=OIP.M2dd942bcf9925fab6d01...mp;amp;r=0]

If that was two skin heads dressed in klan robes society would have reacted differently.

Of course I would have reacted differently. Black Power doesn't intimidate me at all. They're ensuring that nobody gets intimidated to vote. Fistbumps for them. KKK, on the other hand, would have been there precisely to intimidate voters. They scare the shit outta me. 2 of the Mississippi 3 were white.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-06-2016, 04:40 PM
(27-06-2016 04:31 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: 0b766a915f3c89b79e79af1931c86c3c.jpg]

Okay since you decided to preempt Girly. The youtube videos are on you.

#sigh
27-06-2016, 04:44 PM
(27-06-2016 04:24 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Would you like to see gangster-wanna-bes and psychotics endorsing politicians?!?!?!

What scares me more is that actual like Mafioso gangsters and racist psychotics actual do endorse a candidate. Oh and Putin. And Kim Jong-un.

#sigh
27-06-2016, 04:45 PM
As long as you are talking about voting and elections and who and what effects them in what way, you simply have to take into account what Jo said about it.
Jo was a serious motherfucker.

The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

Joseph Stalin

Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
27-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Thoughts on the White Power Movement
(27-06-2016 04:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:31 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: 0b766a915f3c89b79e79af1931c86c3c.jpg]

Okay since you decided to preempt Girly. The youtube videos are on you.

I'm sorry, did I steal your thunder?
27-06-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2016 04:54 PM by TrainWreck.)
(27-06-2016 04:45 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

That is what the electoral college was supposed to be, and what the primary elections are. National elections are a difficult (complex) exercise in game theory, especially with old technology.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
27-06-2016, 04:50 PM
(27-06-2016 04:48 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Okay since you decided to preempt Girly. The youtube videos are on you.

I'm sorry, did I steal your thunder?

Not until you actually fulfill your obligation and post the youtube videos. Until then you're just a pretender, a wannabe.

#sigh
27-06-2016, 04:55 PM
(27-06-2016 02:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 02:52 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  OHMYFUCKINGBOG are you SERIOUS!?! Utter fail, if you're comparing those guys to Klansmen.

What do you think those guys are doing there, intimidating voters into voting their way, somehow sneaking into booths to see how they voted? Scaring off white voters? Give me a break. I've known literally hundreds of members of both Black Power movements and White Supremacist movements, and their philosophies aren't even similar. The former were particularly nice to me once they understood that I was not hateful or superiority-minded, did not deny them the inherent right of all mankind to defend themselves and their community with both word and deed, and did not try to ignore or apologize (in the Christian Apologetics sense of the word) for structural racism and the US history of White Supremacy. The actual White Supremacists were easily an order or magnitude more violent, more exclusionary, and more disdainful of anyone who did not fit their narrow view of what constituted a human being (or a valid one, anyway).

You clearly have no idea the origin of the term Black Panthers, or what the group was founded to do, if you're even willing to compare them to the Klan. The Klan was founded in part for the purpose of suppressing the voting rights of ex-slaves, and intimidating anyone who would even potentially vote for a black or black-friendly candidate. The guys in that photo are there because they are guaranteeing that everyone can freely and safely come TO vote, in places where voter suppression/intimidation has been or still is a problem.

So yes, I would certainly react differently to two guys in Klan robes standing outside a polling place. And so would any history-educated (or just sane) American. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Trainwreck, The above is exactly what I am talking about. The panthers in the photo were dressed in para-military-like garb to intimidate voters. Two skinheads wearing klans robes would be dressed to intimidate voters. RS appears to be happy to give one group a pass while chastising the other.

Can you tell us what person young or old, male or female, white or black would feel intimidated by this pair of guys? I'd probably chuckle as I walked by.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
27-06-2016, 04:58 PM
(27-06-2016 04:50 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:45 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.

That is what the electoral college was supposed to be, and what the primary elections are. A national candidate is difficult exercise in game theory.

From what little I know about it ( on a side note , is this an acceptable way to form a sentence ? ) , you Muricans have a strange ways of counting votes.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's