Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news...lds-church

Quote:SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) - over 2,500 people crowded into City Creek Park to take part in a mass resignation following the policy by the Mormon Church targeting same-sex couples and their children.

Over 1,500 resignations were filed today, with another 2,000 requests processed by attorneys from individuals who weren't able to attend. Lawyers were on hand to help the hundreds of people waiting in line to get their resignation forms filled out.

The organizers of the mass resignation never imagined the amount of support and people who would be filing into City Creek Park this afternoon. They were also overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from people all over the country.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 21 users Like Dom's post
15-11-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
Good for them! May many, many more people follow in their footsteps!

To Alla, given the likelihood of her responding to this thread: Spirit told me that it was good for these people. Spirit confirms to me that Mormonism is a vile and false faith*.

*…but not using words or visions, because those would be hallucinations, and hallucinations are for crazy people. I'm not crazy, I just happen to be "open" to Spirit's communiques--don't ask questions about the mechanism because I won't bother answering, as answering honestly would expose me as a liar, or out me as a Poe.
[+] 13 users Like julep's post
15-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Once they check their balance sheets on planet kolub there may be a doctrinal revision coming down the lone.

Money talks - bullshit walks.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
15-11-2015, 06:25 PM
(15-11-2015 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news...lds-church

Quote:SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) - over 2,500 people crowded into City Creek Park to take part in a mass resignation following the policy by the Mormon Church targeting same-sex couples and their children.

Over 1,500 resignations were filed today, with another 2,000 requests processed by attorneys from individuals who weren't able to attend. Lawyers were on hand to help the hundreds of people waiting in line to get their resignation forms filled out.

The organizers of the mass resignation never imagined the amount of support and people who would be filing into City Creek Park this afternoon. They were also overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from people all over the country.

Attorneys? Consider

What the fuck did they need attorneys for?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-11-2015, 06:26 PM
If the LDS used DSL to order LSD, would anyone GAF???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-11-2015, 06:27 PM
The church will get them back in... once they've died and they can post-death baptize the folks.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-11-2015, 08:00 PM
(15-11-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news...lds-church

Attorneys? Consider

The services are being offered pro bono (it has to be) by an attorney to simplify the resignation process for nervous parties. It's something that can be done smoothly on your own (which I'm proof of), but for some it's better to leave document preparation and step by step instructing to those with a healthy grasp.
15-11-2015, 08:04 PM
(15-11-2015 08:00 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  Attorneys? Consider

The services are being offered pro bono (it has to be) by an attorney to simplify the resignation process for nervous parties. It's something that can be done smoothly on your own (which I'm proof of), but for some it's better to leave document preparation and step by step instructing to those with a healthy grasp.

It takes a lawyer to tell the LDS to go fuck themselves? Consider

Seriously, all it takes is walking away. Facepalm

15-11-2015, 08:11 PM
(15-11-2015 08:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 08:00 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  The services are being offered pro bono (it has to be) by an attorney to simplify the resignation process for nervous parties. It's something that can be done smoothly on your own (which I'm proof of), but for some it's better to leave document preparation and step by step instructing to those with a healthy grasp.

It takes a lawyer to tell the LDS to go fuck themselves? Consider

The thing about resignation in the LDS church is that you can always just stop attending, but if your name remains on their records, you'll continue to receive periodic visits from missionaries, phone calls and the occasional leadership visit.

It's better to file the paperwork, so that it's in writing that you'd like no further contact or affiliation with the church.

I understand your position, but it's not as quick of a process as it is in other mainline protestant congregations (basically no process, just stop showing up and answering calls, and they'll forget about you).
15-11-2015, 08:19 PM
(15-11-2015 08:11 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 08:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  It takes a lawyer to tell the LDS to go fuck themselves? Consider

The thing about resignation in the LDS church is that you can always just stop attending, but if your name remains on their records, you'll continue to receive periodic visits from missionaries, phone calls and the occasional leadership visit.

It's better to file the paperwork, so that it's in writing that you'd like no further contact or affiliation with the church.

I understand your position, but it's not as quick of a process as it is in other mainline protestant congregations (basically no process, just stop showing up and answering calls, and they'll forget about you).

Yabut, lawyers? Facepalm