Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 08:39 AM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(18-11-2015 09:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Why not?

Facepalm

Weeping

Nobody could actually be a functioning human and be this fucking stupid. Facepalm

It really is time to ban this Poe.

(Alla, not Bucky.)

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-11-2015, 10:11 AM
(19-11-2015 06:22 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  You set the bar high, or low:

[Image: oprahtom.gif]

This just proves Scientologists suck at playing limbo.

Just connecting the dots.
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Here's the letter of resignation that Trevor Sepulvida wrote to the Moron church and that Lewis Black read in a recent standup routine . It's worth reading.

"I am 18 years old and I just resigned from the Mormon Church, which probably makes me the youngest person to resign from it. I have wanted to resign since October of last year, but I was told I couldn’t because I was still a minor. Which I thought was a pretty weak argument because I was baptized when I was 8, which is considered the age of accountability. Which meant I had to wait 8 years after I had reached the age of reason to legally resign. Don’t even try and go through that logic with me.
Four years ago, I would never have imagined that I was going to leave the Church. In fact, I thought that I would be preparing to serve a mission at this point. I loved the analogy that ex-Mormon and National Correspondent for The New Republic Walter Kirn made about serving a mission: “There’s a difference between eating McDonald’s hamburgers and having to sell them.”
Anyways, my birthday was on Wednesday, November 4th, the day before they came out with their new policy on the membership status of children of married same sex couples. Which I won’t even get to because…. Well, um… Yeah no, I’m not even going there because I want to live to finish this rant and actually see my resignation processed. This was the very Church that institutionalized racism in both policy and scripture.
It’s no coincidence that the “prophet” of the church “received revelation” about the membership status of blacks the same week President Jimmy Carter threatened the Church’s tax exempt status in 1978. It was like that time they threw polygamy under the bus, when the federal government said, “No, we don’t do that here,” and rejected their application for statehood. The fact they disavowed polygamy didn’t make a difference demographically, because the people in Utah and in other Mormon families across the country CONTINUE TO FUCK LIKE RABBITS!!!
This is the same Church that institutionalizes homophobia and continues to outwardly demonstrate how bigoted it is. Remember Prop 8, yeah I know… UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!
I would like to see where the $20 million they spent on Prop 8 are now. Did they magically make their way to the official bank of Planet Kolob?
Let’s look at some of their doctrine to try and make sense of all the madness…
A young man’s penis is his “little factory”? Okay, I know what you’re thinking. A leader of the Church ACTUALLY referred to a young man’s penis as his “little factory” in an anti-masturbation sermon. Yes, the same people that taught that “masturbation makes you gay” said that.
Dark skin is a curse? Native Americans are the lost Twelve Tribes of Israel? Jesus wants me for a sunbeam only if my parents aren’t gay?
ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME?!?! FUCK YOU!
FUCK The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and all of your lily white asses!
FUCK YOU Thomas S. Monson!
FUCK you wannabe “prophets,” “seers,” “apostles,” and “revelators,” OR WHAT EVER THE FUCK!!!
FUCK YOU Graham L. Mitchell for calling me a lunatic! Last time I checked you are
the one that believes in wearing magic underwear, and getting your own planet when you die, as well as Jackson County, Missouri being the location of the Garden of Eden. If that’s not lunacy, I don’t know what the FUCK is!!!!
FUCK The Book of Mormon! (Not to be confused with the phenomenal Broadway musical.)
FUCK YOU and the bigoted horse you all rode in on.
… and FUCK YOU TOO Mitt Romney!
I can now sleep in on Sunday morning and drink coffee. The possibilities are endless because I DON’T GIVE A FUCK about how the Mormon Church says I should live MY life! I
sleep well at night, knowing that when I wake up in the morning, the Mormon church will be just as much of a hysterical fraud as it was when I went to bed the night before.
I can do WAY BETTER for 10% of my income.
In closing, I would like to modify Richard Nixon’s infamous quote, “I am not a Mormon, bitch.”

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2015, 11:54 AM
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  IF rights and wrongs are not objective AND IF there is a source for rights and wrongs then this means that this source provides "subjective" rights and wrongs. Is this correct?
Yes, you can say this. And it is up to you if you choose to accept rights and wrong of that wise source. There is a reason for existence of rights and wrongs of that source.
The reason is to avoid self -destruction as much as possible. It is all about safety. If do the right you are more save. If you do wrong you are less save or not safe at all.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is the source and how can we use this source to get the answers as to whether something is right, wrong or neutral?
Are you going to believe me if I answer this question? Do you trust me enough? Do you trust me at all?
If not, then you don't need the answer to your question.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I have no knowledge of moral rights and wrongs and yet I am 100% accountable for my own choices and actions.
I see. You are telling me that you are a person with no conscience. You are telling me that you never say:"I am so sorry, I was wrong". You are telling me that word "guilt" says nothing to you because you never experienced guilt.
I feel compassion for you and those who are close to you. I feel compassion.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  My way teaches them to think and allows them to make their own choices. Your way conditions them to follow and obey (a.k.a. the opposite of thinking)
Yes, my children have to obey me when I tell them not swim in the river where there are whirlpools. Your way is children have to figure out on their own why it is not a good idea to swim where there are whirlpools
Nice. You have to be a parent of the year some day.
Why do loving and wise parents teach their to obey them? Because it is more safe to obey wise and loving children than not to obey.
But when children have more knowledge and experience they are more free. When they are adults they are free completely. Until parents are RESPONSIBLE for their children, children have to obey parents.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Do you still insist that marriage is between man and woman or are you going to refer to the governing law on this matter?
I assume you meant if I insist that marriage is only between a man and a woman.
According to my belief marriage is between a man and a woman, sometimes between a man and more than one woman.
According to the law of the land it is not.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I hope you respect other people's autonomy
Are you telling me that it is right/moral thing to do?
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  and avoid the urge to put your own clubs rules into the laws and hence obtrusively interfere with people that don't belong to your club
LDS Church doesn't put rules into the laws. we(LDS) respect laws.
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, I don't want people to consider existence of God. To consider existence of God is absolutely useless.
Precisely. I'm glad we are in agreement.
I am also glad we are in agreement.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-11-2015, 12:02 PM
I assume there are no Liberals participating in this thread. Liberals are very tolerant and kind towards Mormons and others. Liberals never offend Mormons by calling them "morons"
Liberals respect others and they are inclusive.
Or am I wrong? I hope I am not.
who are you, people?

19-11-2015, 12:07 PM
(19-11-2015 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I assume there are no Liberals participating in this thread. Liberals are very tolerant and kind towards Mormons and others. Liberals never offend Mormons by calling them "morons"
who are you, people?

You are wrong. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-11-2015, 12:13 PM
(19-11-2015 12:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I assume there are no Liberals participating in this thread. Liberals are very tolerant and kind towards Mormons and others. Liberals never offend Mormons by calling them "morons"
who are you, people?

I think it's more about you and the light you shine on Mormonism

It's very bright and makes you and the whole church seem even more insane and cultish.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2015, 12:23 PM
who are you, people?

Oh, snap! I forgot the "M" in Moron. Oops! Did it again.

Here's your "m" .

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-11-2015, 12:31 PM
(19-11-2015 12:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
who are you, people?

Oh, snap! I forgot the "M" in Moron. Oops! Did it again.

Here's your "m" .
I assume you are not a Liberal. Liberals do not behave like this. Who does? Hmm...let me think Consider
Oh, I know! Bullies do.

19-11-2015, 12:34 PM
(19-11-2015 12:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I think it's more about you and the light you shine on Mormonism

It's very bright and makes you and the whole church seem even more insane and cultish.
And I respect your personal opinion about me and my light. Thumbsup