Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
Even though you call me "a moron" Big Grin I choose not to be offended.
I am a moron who would still serve you and love you if I knew you personally. I would still do good for you. Heart Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2015, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 03:13 PM by Stevil.)
(19-11-2015 11:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  And it is up to you if you choose to accept rights and wrong of that wise source.
Let's just assume you are saying that either your god or your religious leaders via their unique interpretation of the bible is that subjective source.
Even if morality was a set of rules created by your god, why would I care about the opinions of your god? I have my own opinions, I think for myself because I am an adult, not some dependent child without the ability to think.

(19-11-2015 11:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  There is a reason for existence of rights and wrongs of that source.
The reason is to avoid self -destruction as much as possible. It is all about safety. If do the right you are more save. If you do wrong you are less save or not safe at all.
I'll decide for myself how to navigate life. I don't need or want your morals.

(19-11-2015 11:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I have no knowledge of moral rights and wrongs and yet I am 100% accountable for my own choices and actions.
I see. You are telling me that you are a person with no conscience.
I said I have no morals. Why are you asserting that I have no conscience.
My eyes are more open than yours. I am more consciously aware. I think, I do not follow and obey.

EDIT: OK, just looked up the dictionary definition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience
"Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment that assists in distinguishing right from wrong."
I am happy to say that I have no conscience.

(19-11-2015 11:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, my children have to obey me when I tell them not swim in the river where there are whirlpools. Your way is children have to figure out on their own why it is not a good idea to swim where there are whirlpools
Nice.
My 6 year old is a better swimmer than I am. She is a very good swimmer. She is a very smart girl, she is very consciously aware. She is a thinker. She can work out when I am lying to her, she engages a critical mind. She does not believe in gods.

(19-11-2015 11:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  I assume you meant if I insist that marriage is only between a man and a woman.
According to my belief marriage is between a man and a woman, sometimes between a man and more than one woman.
According to the law of the land it is not.
Then you are deluded if your belief conflicts with the facts.
If your belief regarding marriage differs from the legal definition of marriage, which you admit it does, so you are deluded.

(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I hope you respect other people's autonomy
Are you telling me that it is right/moral thing to do?
I never said anything about what is right or what is wrong. I am not the authority of morality.

(18-11-2015 09:59 PM)Stevil Wrote:  and avoid the urge to put your own clubs rules into the laws and hence obtrusively interfere with people that don't belong to your club
LDS Church doesn't put rules into the laws. we(LDS) respect laws.
Then at least if you are representing mormons correctly on this point, then your people aren't a threat to my freedoms. I respect that.
19-11-2015, 01:39 PM
(19-11-2015 12:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 12:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh, snap! I forgot the "M" in Moron. Oops! Did it again.

Here's your "m" .
I assume you are not a Liberal. Liberals do not behave like this. Who does? Hmm...let me think Consider
Oh, I know! Bullies do.

Yet some bullies backed by dogma discriminate against others because of sexual identity. Bullies backed by scripture remove foster or adopted children from loving homes and cause undue trauma. Mormons don't call it being a "bully" though. Instead, they put on a nice white button down shirt and a sanctimonious smile on their face and call it "religious belief" and point to a book, a book written without any outside, objective evidence whatsoever that it's true, a book with the biggest bullying rhetoric ever written.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-11-2015, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 02:12 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-11-2015 01:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 12:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  I assume you are not a Liberal. Liberals do not behave like this. Who does? Hmm...let me think Consider
Oh, I know! Bullies do.

Yet some bullies backed by dogma discriminate against others because of sexual identity. Bullies backed by scripture remove foster or adopted children from loving homes and cause undue trauma. Mormons don't call it being a "bully" though. Instead, they put on a nice white button down shirt and a sanctimonious smile on their face and call it "religious belief" and point to a book, a book written without any outside, objective evidence whatsoever that it's true, a book with the biggest bullying rhetoric ever written.

A book written by an uneducated philandering man, who wanted to have affairs with his wife's friends and who was incapable of commitment to one person, who wrote out other ethnicities from his cult, wrote out blacks from full membership, who lied about so many things it's impossible to list them all, including a "lost" book that has been debunked, who claimed he could read hieroglyphs, which has been debunked, etc etc etc, a cult which has had members of it's founding families leave and publish exposes.

http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm

You may be a "nice person" Alla, but you CHOSE to associate yourself with an evil group that practices bigotry, and discrimination.
Anyone who honestly looks at the origins of your cult, and still choses to associate with it, is delusional.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-11-2015, 02:31 PM
dancefortwo
Yet some bullies backed by dogma discriminate against others because of sexual identity.
Alla
Yes, I agree that there are some bullies who do that. LDS do not do this. LDS do not discriminate others because of sexual identity.
dancefortwo
Bullies backed by scripture remove foster or adopted children from loving homes and cause undue trauma.
Alla
Yes, but LDS do not do this.

19-11-2015, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 03:09 PM by Alla.)
STEVIL:
Even if morality was a set of rules created by your god, why would I care about the opinions of your god? I have my own opinions, I think for myself because I am an adult, not some dependent child without the ability to think.
ALLA:
Good questions.
Of course, you have your opinions. I also have my opinions. God's rules are safety rules.
Safety rules are very important. Let's compare this life to construction site, place that is dangerous for those who don't know safety rules.
It is not wise but very foolish to say: why would I care about safety rules? I have my opinions, I am an adult, I prefer to find out about safety rules on my own while I am at construction site.
You, Stevil, talk like a fool, not like a wise man.

STEVIL:
I'll decide for myself how to navigate life. I don't need or want your morals.
ALLA:
Sure. You can also say: I decide for myself how to navigate a car. I don't need anybody to tell me how to do it. Foolish, not smart
You can also say: I don't need to know about safety rules when I am at construction site. I can navigate myself. Foolish, not smart
Do you want to be a fool, or do you want to be smart?

STEVIL:
My 6 year old is a better swimmer than I am. She is a very good swimmer. She is a very smart girl, she is very consciously aware. She is a thinker. She can work out when I am lying to her, she engages a critical mind. She does not believe in gods.
ALLA:
Good for her. So, she doesn't need you to teach her safety rules. You don't have to teach her: do not try drugs , it is dangerous. Let her figure out from her own experience that it is dangerous.
Those who want to figure out everything on their own and do not need advice from people who know safety rules are fools/ not very smart. I hope your children will figure out that you are wrong.

STEVIL:
Then you are deluded if your belief conflicts with the facts.
ALLA:
what facts? my belief does not conflict with any facts. at least I don't know about those facts.

STEVIL:
If your belief regarding marriage differs from the legal definition of marriage, which you admit it does, so you are deluded.
ALLA:
then you were deluded all your life before the law about marriage was changed by few people.
How many years were you deluded?

STEVIL:
I never said anything about what is right or what is wrong. I am not the authority of morality.
ALLA:
then don't tell me about respect.

STEVIL:
Then at least if you are representing mormons correctly on this point, then your people aren't a threat to my freedoms. I respect that.
I don't represent LDS.
No, LDS are not threat to your people, but your people and you are threat to my freedoms. Not yet, but soon. You will remember my words when it happens.

19-11-2015, 03:06 PM
(19-11-2015 02:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  dancefortwo
Yet some bullies backed by dogma discriminate against others because of sexual identity.
Alla
Yes, I agree that there are some bullies who do that. LDS do not do this. LDS do not discriminate others because of sexual identity.
dancefortwo
Bullies backed by scripture remove foster or adopted children from loving homes and cause undue trauma.
Alla

Facepalm If you believe this then you're completely delusional. I have a gay friend that was ostracized by the LDS to the point that his life became so miserable he was close to suicide. It's taken him the better part of the last decade to find some peace and he only found it by leaving the church. They will only welcome him back if he gives up his "life style" which he has no intention of doing.

Again, you are completely delusional.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2015, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 04:15 PM by Full Circle.)
(19-11-2015 12:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  I assume you are not a Liberal. Liberals do not behave like this. Who does? Hmm...let me think Consider
Oh, I know! Bullies do.

bul·ly1
ˈbo͝olē/
noun
a person/organization who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
Like the LDS for driving a wedge between same-sex parents and their children.

You are completely blind when it comes to your church of Latter Day Sophistry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-11-2015, 03:13 PM
(19-11-2015 03:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 02:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  dancefortwo
Alla
dancefortwo
Alla

Facepalm If you believe this then you're completely delusional. I have a gay friend that was ostracized by the LDS to the point that his life became so miserable he was close to suicide. It's taken him the better part of the last decade to find some peace and he only found it by leaving the church. They will only welcome him back if he gives up his "life style" which he has no intention of doing.

Again, you are completely delusional.
Incorrect. Church doesn't make anybody's life miserable because of the life style.
Your friend is lying to you.

19-11-2015, 03:20 PM
(19-11-2015 03:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Again, you are completely delusional.
Incorrect. Church doesn't make anybody's life miserable because of the life style.
Your friend is lying to you.

Dangerously and cold-heartedly delusional.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post