Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(19-11-2015 03:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  Irreligion will be state religion.
Irreligion as the state religion would be the worst of all combinations. Its orthodoxy would be insistent and its inquisitors inevitable. Its paid ministry would be numerous beyond belief. Its Caesars would be insufferably condescending. Its majorities–when faced with clear alternatives–would make the Barabbas choice, as did a mob centuries ago when Pilate confronted them with the need to decide.

This new irreligious imperialism seeks to disallow certain of people’s opinions simply because those opinions grow out of religious convictions. Resistance to abortion will soon be seen as primitive. Concern over the institution of the family will be viewed as untrendy and unenlightened.

What part of the First Amendment don't you understand? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-11-2015, 04:11 PM
(19-11-2015 03:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Bullshit. Now you're lying. But that's to be expected.
you can say this, but you are wrong.

You and the Moron Church of Latter Day Idiots can go fuck yourselves.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2015, 04:13 PM
(19-11-2015 04:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  Irreligion will be state religion.
Irreligion as the state religion would be the worst of all combinations. Its orthodoxy would be insistent and its inquisitors inevitable. Its paid ministry would be numerous beyond belief. Its Caesars would be insufferably condescending. Its majorities–when faced with clear alternatives–would make the Barabbas choice, as did a mob centuries ago when Pilate confronted them with the need to decide.

This new irreligious imperialism seeks to disallow certain of people’s opinions simply because those opinions grow out of religious convictions. Resistance to abortion will soon be seen as primitive. Concern over the institution of the family will be viewed as untrendy and unenlightened.

What part of the First Amendment don't you understand? Facepalm

None of it. After reading all her crap, she understands little and comprehends even less.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2015, 04:14 PM
(19-11-2015 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  you can say this, but you are wrong.

You and the Moron Church of Latter Day Idiots can go fuck yourselves.

Where have I heard that before? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-11-2015, 04:25 PM
(19-11-2015 03:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Facepalm If you believe this then you're completely delusional. I have a gay friend that was ostracized by the LDS to the point that his life became so miserable he was close to suicide. It's taken him the better part of the last decade to find some peace and he only found it by leaving the church. They will only welcome him back if he gives up his "life style" which he has no intention of doing.

Again, you are completely delusional.
Incorrect. Church doesn't make anybody's life miserable because of the life style.
Your friend is lying to you.

This is my oldest friend. I've know him for 30 years. He's not lying to me.

You're indoctrination really worked, didn't it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-11-2015, 04:36 PM
(19-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  bul·ly1
ˈbo͝olē/
noun
a person/organizstion who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
Like the LDS for driving a wedge between same-sex parents and their children.

You are completely blind when it comes to your church of Latter Day Sophistry

It would be a discrimination against LDS people to force them to abandoned their believes.

That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

(19-11-2015 03:22 PM)‘Alla Wrote:  This is what radical Muslims do. This is what Communists do. This is what Tyrants do. This is what bullies do.

and what the LDS does, they and you are in great company.

(19-11-2015 03:22 PM)‘Alla’ Wrote:  If you want me to reject my belief you are no better then ISIS. You are evil force. You are a bully.

Angel

(19-11-2015 03:22 PM)‘Alla’ Wrote:  LDS do not want children to be confused. It is not kind to them.

No, they only want them to disavow their parents. Facepalm

You and your church are a piece of work.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-11-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 04:58 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
This troll serves zero purpose on these forums. Since her account became active again, it's been nothing but mindless dribble in every thread (religious, political etc). Not a single person on this forum has been informed by her, not one.

I am frankly sick of this troll and her persistence to derail conversation and honest discussion amongst inquiring minds. Enough already Alla!!!!

How about you answer me one question? WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to open your mind up to new ideas, WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to have respectful disagreements without always being subjective, WHY ARE YOU HERE? Is it your goal to set an even worse example of your churches members and help in the mass exodus, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

No one wants you here, even those who've occasionally given you a thumbs up are disgusted by you, so WHY ARE YOU HERE?

ALLA, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I'm done being respectful to this obvious troll, she's garbage of the highest order, plain and simple.
[+] 2 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
19-11-2015, 04:59 PM
(19-11-2015 04:49 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  This troll serves zero purpose on these forums. Since her account became active again, it's been nothing but mindless dribble in every thread (religious, political etc). Not a single person on this forum has been informed by her, not one.

I am frankly sick of this troll and her persistence to derail conversation and honest discussion amongst inquiring minds. Enough already Alla!!!!

How about you answer me one question? WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to open your mind up to new ideas, WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to have respectful disagreements without always being subjective, WHY ARE YOU HERE? Is it your goal to set an even worse example of your churches members and help in the mass exodus, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

No one wants you here, even those who've occasionally given you a thumbs up are disgusted by you, so WHY ARE YOU HERE?

ALLA, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I'm done being respectful to this obvious troll, she's garbage of the highest order, plain and simple.

She's here because the voice in her head told her to be.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-11-2015, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2015 06:28 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
(19-11-2015 04:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 04:49 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  This troll serves zero purpose on these forums. Since her account became active again, it's been nothing but mindless dribble in every thread (religious, political etc). Not a single person on this forum has been informed by her, not one.

ALLA, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

She's here because the voice in her head told her to be.
She just spouts off the same garbage over and over. It's either:

'I'm not going to turn my back on my religion'

Or

'You misunderstand what the doctrine says, unless you're inline with my understanding'

Or

'It's a shame you have to resort to name calling, but while I'm here I must mention you're a fool'

All of it is garbage. She's a tragic ending, waiting for the next dumpster to be found in. And I use the term tragic loosely.

No original ideas, no thoughts of her own (hive speech), barely operating neural network and a vocabulary of veiled attempts at insult, that sound like they come from an elementary school playground. And that may be giving too much credit.
[+] 3 users Like Cosmic Discourse's post
19-11-2015, 05:48 PM
(19-11-2015 12:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
I assume you are not a Liberal. Liberals do not behave like this. Who does? Hmm...let me think Consider
Oh, I know! Bullies do.

When I was at school, I was continually told that I was wrong about so many things.

You may call that bullying.

I call it education.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post