Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 06:31 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(19-11-2015 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  Incorrect. Church doesn't make anybody's life miserable because of the life style.
Your friend is lying to you.

Bullshit. Now you're lying. But that's to be expected.

Now ????? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-11-2015, 07:01 PM
(19-11-2015 04:02 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  Irreligion will be state religion.
Irreligion as the state religion would be the worst of all combinations. Its orthodoxy would be insistent and its inquisitors inevitable. Its paid ministry would be numerous beyond belief. Its Caesars would be insufferably condescending. Its majorities–when faced with clear alternatives–would make the Barabbas choice, as did a mob centuries ago when Pilate confronted them with the need to decide.

This new irreligious imperialism seeks to disallow certain of people’s opinions simply because those opinions grow out of religious convictions. Resistance to abortion will soon be seen as primitive. Concern over the institution of the family will be viewed as untrendy and unenlightened.

Laugh out load

What is this? You fancy yourself a prophet?

Scorpions will develop flamethrowing stingers. Skunk apes will dissect the human race with surgical flying saucers. The sun will die screaming.

She may fancy herself a prophet, but she's just a plagiarist, quoting a crappy BYU commencement speech from 1978 (Neal Maxwell).

Almost 40 years later, I would note that there is still no irreligion as the state religion, and also that the Mormon church continues to fund initiatives to try to make the laws of the US conform to Mormonism.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
19-11-2015, 07:09 PM
(19-11-2015 04:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 04:49 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  This troll serves zero purpose on these forums. Since her account became active again, it's been nothing but mindless dribble in every thread (religious, political etc). Not a single person on this forum has been informed by her, not one.

I am frankly sick of this troll and her persistence to derail conversation and honest discussion amongst inquiring minds. Enough already Alla!!!!

How about you answer me one question? WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to open your mind up to new ideas, WHY ARE YOU HERE? If it's not to have respectful disagreements without always being subjective, WHY ARE YOU HERE? Is it your goal to set an even worse example of your churches members and help in the mass exodus, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

No one wants you here, even those who've occasionally given you a thumbs up are disgusted by you, so WHY ARE YOU HERE?

ALLA, WHY ARE YOU HERE?

I'm done being respectful to this obvious troll, she's garbage of the highest order, plain and simple.

She's here because the voice in her head told her to be.

No, no, no........ She's here to "answer our questions." You know - the ones nobody asked.

And the voice in her head thingy.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 7 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
19-11-2015, 07:21 PM
(19-11-2015 03:22 PM)Alla Wrote:  It would be a discrimination against LDS people to force them to abandoned their believes. This is what radical Muslims do. This is what Communists do. This is what Tyrants do. This is what bullies do.
If you want me to reject my belief you are no better then ISIS. You are evil force. You are a bully.

LDS do not want children to be confused. It is not kind to them.

In other words, it's not discrimination when YOU it, but it is when others do it.
Got it. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-11-2015, 07:31 PM
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  God's rules are safety rules.
Safety rules are very important.
It is not wise but very foolish to say: why would I care about safety rules?
Alla, you are an adult (I assume). You would benefit from having faith and belief in yourself. You do not need a Father figure to tell you what to do and what not to do. You can decide for yourself how to live your own life.
It's time to grow up (don't you think?) make your own decisions based on whatever is important to you. Reap your own rewards, face your own consequences. It makes no sense for an adult to continue having a dependent relationship. It's time for you to be free, be your own person, think for yourself.
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have my opinions, I am an adult, I prefer to find out about safety rules on my own while I am at construction site.
Life doesn't come with safety rules. It's up to you to decide how to navigate through life. If your religious leaders tell you not to do X because X is wrong, that doesn't help you to grow up, it doesn't help you to learn. Why is X wrong? What happens when you do X? Is that consequence a big deal? These are questions and answers you would benefit from coming up with yourself rather than having your religious leaders control you. You are looking to delegate your own responsibilities away. Perhaps you are afraid of making mistakes, perhaps you have little faith in yourself. That to me is the life of a fool. A sheep rather than an independent and accountable adult.
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Quote:I'll decide for myself how to navigate life. I don't need or want your morals.
Sure. You can also say: I decide for myself how to navigate a car. I don't need anybody to tell me how to do it. Foolish, not smart
It is foolish to give up responsibility for your own life. Your are an adult, you do not need to please or obey a "father". Live your own life rather than a life that someone else wants you to live, that would be foolish.
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do you want to be a fool, or do you want to be smart?
To be smart you have to understand and learn. You have to make your own decisions, you cannot delegate responsibility like a dependent child does. Following rules laid down by an authority is not smart, especially if those rules are not enforced. Time to become an adult learn how to navigate through your own life. Have faith in yourself.

(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Good for her. So, she doesn't need you to teach her safety rules. You don't have to teach her: do not try drugs , it is dangerous. Let her figure out from her own experience that it is dangerous.
I am all for education rather than obedience. I am teaching my girl how to use the internet to research topics, I am teaching her how to think critically. What I am not doing is giving her answers.
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  Those who want to figure out everything on their own and do not need advice from people who know safety rules are fools/ not very smart.
I am preparing my girl to be an independent adult. I am giving her the confidence to live her own life and make her own decisions. I may not stop her from making "mistakes" but I will be there to support her if she wants.
Quote:Then you are deluded if your belief conflicts with the facts.
what facts? my belief does not conflict with any facts. at least I don't know about those facts.
in the context of our conversation we were talking about marriage. You were saying that you believe marriage is between a man and woman. But then you agreed that government defines and documents what a marriage is. If your belief differs from the law then you are deluded.
It would be like saying "I don't believe that it's daytime" even though you are outside and you see the sun and the blue sky and see the daytime animals enjoying the sun.

Quote: If your belief regarding marriage differs from the legal definition of marriage, which you admit it does, so you are deluded.
then you were deluded all your life before the law about marriage was changed by few people.
How many years were you deluded?
I refer to the law. If the law changes then the definition of marriage changes. My understanding of marriage depends on the law, it doesn't depend on my beliefs.
(19-11-2015 03:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, LDS are not threat to your people, but your people and you are threat to my freedoms. Not yet, but soon. You will remember my words when it happens.
Your freedom to discriminate? Your freedom to be mean to others?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
20-11-2015, 11:43 AM
(19-11-2015 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:51 PM)Alla Wrote:  Chas, don't behave like a red neck.

You don't even know what a redneck is. Go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

Chas, may be you are correct. May be I don't know what red neck is but I do know how they talk.
Chas, you talk like a red neck. Oh, and you are so adorable. Kiss

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-11-2015, 11:48 AM
(19-11-2015 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 03:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  you can say this, but you are wrong.

You and the Moron Church of Latter Day Idiots can go fuck yourselves.
You show some class, Lady. You are so kind.
I love you, sister.Heart

20-11-2015, 11:49 AM
I heard that Liberals are very kind, nice, educated people. Is this true?

20-11-2015, 12:07 PM
LDS Church doesn't make anybody's life miserable. I KNOW that I can change my life style, I KNOW that I can do what ever I want and nobody will make my life miserable.
The only person who can make my life miserable is me. If I choose to demand that Church changes its Doctrine to whatever life style I choose so I can continue to enter the Temple, or to partake of the sacrament, or to receive callings, and Church won't do it, I will become ANGRY like that young man who wrote his letter.
I KNOW that Church will leave me alone if I want to change my life style. I KNOW that I still can come to Church, nobody will turn me away. I KNOW that I can call Church members and ask for help and someone will come to help me.

I KNOW that those who change their life style and who want Doctrine to be changed according to their life style, will become angry and bitter, and yes, MISERABLE because of their anger and bitterness.
I KNOW gay people who live their life style and are not miserable. But happy and they don't demand that Church should change its Doctrine.

I don't believe those who say that Church made their life miserable.
I KNOW a sister who removed her name, who said that she wants nothing to do with Church but as soon as she is in trouble the first place she comes is THIS MORON Church of Latter-day IDIOTS

Have you done anything good today?
Have you been kind to someone today?

May be you were, but not to me. And I didn't do anything wrong to you.
I give my love to you Heart Smile

20-11-2015, 12:10 PM
(20-11-2015 11:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 04:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  You don't even know what a redneck is. Go fuck yourself. Drinking Beverage

Chas, may be you are correct. May be I don't know what red neck is but I do know how they talk.
Chas, you talk like a red neck. Oh, and you are so adorable. Kiss

Chas talks like a redneck? Huh

That's very funny. Laugh out load Nope. You reeeeeeally don't know what a redneck is do you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.