Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2015, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 09:45 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
The Morons seem to have forgotten that most people are caught up into cults by being brainwashed as children. If they don't let these kids have membership as children, they'll never get them to come back.

I still want to know if Brigham Young's 50+ wives have a "gallery" or are listed somewhere at his university. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2015, 08:22 PM
(15-11-2015 08:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 08:11 PM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  The thing about resignation in the LDS church is that you can always just stop attending, but if your name remains on their records, you'll continue to receive periodic visits from missionaries, phone calls and the occasional leadership visit.

It's better to file the paperwork, so that it's in writing that you'd like no further contact or affiliation with the church.

I understand your position, but it's not as quick of a process as it is in other mainline protestant congregations (basically no process, just stop showing up and answering calls, and they'll forget about you).

Yabut, lawyers? Facepalm
I'm right there with you Chas, it took me researching the smoothest process in a 15-20 minute online search, before putting the wheels in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2015, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 09:19 PM by Alla.)
That's OK. They have moral agency to make this choice.
But they are always welcome back.
Church is doing this(new policy) to protect children.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
15-11-2015, 09:14 PM
(15-11-2015 09:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  That's OK. They have moral agency to make this choice.
Church is doing this9new policy) to protect children.

Bullshit.

Church is doing this because they're bigots.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 6 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-11-2015, 09:16 PM
(15-11-2015 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Morons seem to have forgotten that most people are caught up into cults by being brainwashed as children. If they don't let these kids have membership as children, they'll never get them to come back.
Not true. Children who live in polygamous families also have to wait until they are 18. Children who want to be baptized but their parents don't let them also have to wait until they are 18. Some never come back, but some wait and get baptized when they are 18. Their faith is stronger than of some who were baptized when they were 8.

15-11-2015, 09:17 PM
(15-11-2015 09:14 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 09:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  That's OK. They have moral agency to make this choice.
Church is doing this9new policy) to protect children.

Bullshit.

You say this because you don't understand why or how this policy protects children.

15-11-2015, 09:23 PM
(15-11-2015 09:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 09:14 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Bullshit.

You say this because you don't understand why or how this policy protects children.

Please explain what the church is protecting the children from.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-11-2015, 09:35 PM
(15-11-2015 09:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 08:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Morons seem to have forgotten that most people are caught up into cults by being brainwashed as children. If they don't let these kids have membership as children, they'll never get them to come back.
Not true. Children who live in polygamous families also have to wait until they are 18. Children who want to be baptized but their parents don't let them also have to wait until they are 18. Some never come back, but some wait and get baptized when they are 18. Their faith is stronger than of some who were baptized when they were 8.

I don't presume to know much about the Mormon church, but they flat-out rejected the daughter on the Sister Wives show just because her parents live a polygamous lifestyle in the spotlight.

“The LDS church rejecting me for my parents choices was one of the most devastating things I have been through,” she said, adding, “After that happened, I sat and reevaluated everything I had learned about the church. In itself, the church is absolutely beautiful. Not with all the politics though.”

Full article here

I don't really know why they reject people, but it's well known that they do.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-11-2015, 09:40 PM
(15-11-2015 09:35 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't really know why they reject people, but it's well known that they do.

Is there a downside to being rejected by the LDS church? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2015, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 10:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(15-11-2015 09:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Bullshit. There IS A REAL difference in the way these banned children will be treated. If you can excuse this, you're even more delusional than we thought.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.