Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(15-11-2015 09:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 09:14 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Bullshit.

Church is doing this because they're bigots.
You say this because you don't understand why or how this policy protects children.

I could say, You say this because you don't understand what actually protecting a child would entail in this situation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2015, 05:07 PM
(16-11-2015 02:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also want to say that children are not denied of opportunity to be baptized, they only have to wait.
They also have to move out from living with their parents and they have to renounce the marriage of their own parents.

Effectively creating a wedge in the family.

I like these policies, they will ultimately result in the end of the church.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
16-11-2015, 06:54 PM
(16-11-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That makes me curious; when you folk baptise a dead person, like holocausted Jews for instance, do they get a paradise upgrade when it happens?
If they accept what was done for them. When we do baptism and other ordinances for the dead they are informed about it in spirit world. They can accept it or they can reject it. But they are given an opportunity. All those who didn't have an opportunity to be baptized in this life can have it in spirit world before they are resurrected. So, this is our doctrine.
(16-11-2015 03:15 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  And if you remove their names from the register of baptised dead people (like you had to do with the aforementioned Jews), do they get downgraded?
All those Jews in spirit world who accepted baptism will be baptized again during Millennium. Nobody will be able to take this opportunity from them again. Nobody. Not when Christ is back. Nobody can stop God's work. May be temporarily.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-11-2015, 07:10 PM
(15-11-2015 09:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 09:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  You say this because you don't understand why or how this policy protects children.

Please explain what the church is protecting the children from.

This has now been asked three or four times and there is still no answer. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Please explain what the church is protecting the children from. ~ A

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-11-2015, 07:31 PM
(15-11-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2015 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news...lds-church

Attorneys? Consider

What the fuck did they need attorneys for?

Apparently, if they go through an attorney, they skip over a few layers of red tape and hasten the process.

http://kutv.com/news/local/group-holds-m...c-saturday

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
16-11-2015, 07:32 PM
We(LDS) have a doctrine about marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is not a sin according to LDS doctrine but practice of homosexuality is grievous sin. Those who practice homosexuality openly reject Church's doctrine. They become apostates.
When a child is baptized he or she makes a covenant with God. He or she will learn that practice of homosexuality is wrong according to LDS Doctrine. He or she will learn what is right according LDS Doctrine - marriage is between a man and a woman.
So, this child will learn one thing at home and opposite thing in the Church. Child will be confused about what is right and what is wrong.
It is better for child that he or she will grow at home where parents(gay parents) will teach him/her about right and wrong. When child becomes an adult he/she can decide for himself/herself what is morally right and what is morally wrong. If he or she decides to accept Church's Doctrine nobody has to stop him/her to make this moral choice. If he/she decides that Church's Doctrine is wrong, nobody has to stop him/her to make this moral choice.

Children doesn't have to be put in the situation when they become confused and they have to choose between the Church and their parents. It is not right. Love and peace at home is very important. But let parents(gay parents) to teach their children to the best of their ability about wrong and right. Children doesn't have to accept parent's moral choices when they become adults.

One more thing. It is better not to make a covenant with God than to make a covenant with God and then leave Church.
Children of gay parents most likely will leave Church after baptism. They most likely will choose their parents' believes and not Church's believes.
To prevent this it is better to wait when they are adults.
These children can always come to Church, they can have blessings and help. They can participate in activities. Their gay parents also may have any help and support.
We don't hate gay people. We just don't believe in gay marriage. There is a reason why God will never sanctify gay marriage and I was explaining this reason in one of the threads on this forum.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
16-11-2015, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2015 07:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-11-2015 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  When a child is baptized he or she makes a covenant with God.

What age does this typically happen? Does the LDS consider these children compos mentis capable of entering into a contract or covenant?

P.S. Your response is considered and deliberative.

#sigh
16-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Alla, you ought to stop by atheistforums.com and have a conversation with Stromboli. He is one of Brigham Young's many great grandchildren. Better wear your magic underwear though. You're going to need it.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
16-11-2015, 07:47 PM
(16-11-2015 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  We(LDS) have a doctrine about marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

I’m not familiar with the Mormon add ons to the Bible but is there a specific verse or chapter that specifically says that marriage is between a man and a woman?

I ask this because in the OT it’s anything but as you can see below

[Image: biblemarriage.jpg]

Also polygamy was practiced by the LDS for 60 years until 1890 and several splinter groups continued long after. With this in mind the LDS has shown that their marriage doctrines are changeable and can be modified. I propose that now is one of those times.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post