Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
16-11-2015, 08:01 PM
(16-11-2015 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  We(LDS) have a doctrine about marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is not a sin according to LDS doctrine but practice of homosexuality is grievous sin. Those who practice homosexuality openly reject Church's doctrine. They become apostates.
When a child is baptized he or she makes a covenant with God. He or she will learn that practice of homosexuality is wrong according to LDS Doctrine. He or she will learn what is right according LDS Doctrine - marriage is between a man and a woman.
So, this child will learn one thing at home and opposite thing in the Church. Child will be confused about what is right and what is wrong.
It is better for child that he or she will grow at home where parents(gay parents) will teach him/her about right and wrong. When child becomes an adult he/she can decide for himself/herself what is morally right and what is morally wrong. If he or she decides to accept Church's Doctrine nobody has to stop him/her to make this moral choice. If he/she decides that Church's Doctrine is wrong, nobody has to stop him/her to make this moral choice.

Children doesn't have to be put in the situation when they become confused and they have to choose between the Church and their parents. It is not right. Love and peace at home is very important. But let parents(gay parents) to teach their children to the best of their ability about wrong and right. Children doesn't have to accept parent's moral choices when they become adults.

One more thing. It is better not to make a covenant with God than to make a covenant with God and then leave Church.
Children of gay parents most likely will leave Church after baptism. They most likely will choose their parents' believes and not Church's believes.
To prevent this it is better to wait when they are adults.
These children can always come to Church, they can have blessings and help. They can participate in activities. Their gay parents also may have any help and support.
We don't hate gay people. We just don't believe in gay marriage. There is a reason why God will never sanctify gay marriage and I was explaining this reason in one of the threads on this forum.

So the protection you speak of is keeping children from having to choose between two loving parents and a church affiliation. The parents aren't making the child choose between those things...the church is.

Sorry, don't see that as protection. I assume a child would be better off without parents or with bad parents as long as the church rules are followed. Is that right?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-11-2015, 08:06 PM
(16-11-2015 07:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 07:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  When a child is baptized he or she makes a covenant with God.

What age does this typically happen? Does the LDS consider these children compos mentis capable of entering into a contract or covenant?

P.S. Your response is considered and deliberative.

8 years old. Before this age parents teach their children about right and wrong.
Children know from their parents that to be baptized is right thing to do. They know from their parents that this is what Jesus wants them to do so they can live with God again. They also learn the same things in the Church.
Do they understand everything? Of course not. Nobody understands everything. But we are here to learn for the rest of our lives. Every day we learn something new. Not right away we understand new things very clearly. Sometimes it takes time to digest new information. We are not here to have perfect knowledge and perfect understanding of all things. We are here to learn and to grow. When there is perfect knowledge and perfect understanding there is no more room for learning.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
16-11-2015, 08:23 PM
(16-11-2015 08:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So the protection you speak of is keeping children from having to choose between two loving parents and a church affiliation. The parents aren't making the child choose between those things...the church is.
Yes, because we(the Church) can not reject our sincere believes. We can not act against our conscience. We can not teach that gay marriage is approved by God when we know (or believe) it is not true. Do you propose that millions of LDS people have to betray their believes because someone disagrees with these believes?
To accept that gay marriage is morally right thing is to reject everything we believe.
Are we going to be FORCED to do this now? Is this why I came to America?
(16-11-2015 08:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sorry, don't see that as protection. I assume a child would be better off without parents or with bad parents as long as the church rules are followed. Is that right?
I am not sure I understood what you are trying to say.

16-11-2015, 08:24 PM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...OTUwMjgzS0

Lewis Black reads a resignation letter. Worth a few minutes of your time.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
16-11-2015, 08:44 PM
FULL CIRCLE
I’m not familiar with the Mormon add ons to the Bible but is there a specific verse or chapter that specifically says that marriage is between a man and a woman?

ALLA
Yes. In 1995 Prophets and Apostles wrote a Proclamation to the World: The family. This Proclamation is the scripture.
.....solemnly proclaim that marriage is between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.
All human beings - male and female - are created in the image of God. Each is beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has divine nature and destiny. "Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal and eternal identity and purpose.[/b]

the first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife.

About OT. Marriage is between a man and woman. But sometimes it is between one man and more than one woman. They still have potential to procreate(multiply and replenish) procreate. A man and a man can not procreate. A woman and a woman can not procreate.

FULL CIRCLE
Also polygamy was practiced by the LDS for 60 years until 1890 and several splinter groups continued long after. With this in mind the LDS has shown that their marriage doctrines are changeable and can be modified. I propose that now is one of those times.

ALLA
No, doctrines of God are eternal and they never change. We still believe that God can sanctify plural marriage. But we can not practice it now. It is illegal.
Doctrine never changes but practice of doctrine can be stopped. Let's say I became ISIS's hostage. In this situation God will not demand from me to practice His doctrines because I can't.

16-11-2015, 09:01 PM
(16-11-2015 08:24 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...OTUwMjgzS0

Lewis Black reads a resignation letter. Worth a few minutes of your time.

I am glad that I live in a country when anybody can offend my feelings and feelings of millions of Mormons and nobody protests against it. Nobody complains about their feelings. No Mormons demand safe spaces.
I am so blessed that I live in the USA. Thumbsup

16-11-2015, 09:01 PM
It's Morons, right? Not Mormons?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-11-2015, 09:04 PM
(16-11-2015 07:52 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  

I couldn't watch this video but I am so glad that Bill Maher lives in a country where he can offend feelings of millions of Mormons.
Bill Maher is wonderful human being. I am not being sarcastic.

16-11-2015, 09:05 PM
(16-11-2015 09:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's Morons, right? Not Mormons?

If this is how you prefer to call millions of great human beings then please do so.