Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 03:03 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(17-11-2015 10:51 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 09:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, there is their angel Moroni. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Isn't Moroni Latin for "more than one Moron?"

I believe a formation of them is Moronii.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Salt Lake City elects openly gay mayor Laughat

That's gotta hurt.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
17-11-2015, 05:58 PM
(17-11-2015 05:46 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Salt Lake City elects openly gay mayor Laughat

That's gotta hurt.

Maybe it's time for another Mor(m)on exodus.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Maybe they are asleep at the switch on kolob?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
18-11-2015, 11:52 AM
(17-11-2015 10:51 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 09:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, there is their angel Moroni. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Isn't Moroni Latin for "more than one Moron?"

very short copy and paste:
Some scholars have theorized that Smith became familiar with the name "Moroni" through his study of the treasure-hunting stories of Captain William Kidd.[22] Because Kidd was said to have buried treasure in the Comoros islands, and Moroni is the name of the capital city and largest settlement in the Union of the Comoros, it has been suggested[who?] that Smith borrowed the name of the settlement and applied it to the angel who led him to buried treasure—the golden plates. Complementing this proposal is the theory that Smith borrowed the names of the Comoros islands and applied them to the hill where he found the golden plates, which he named Cumorah.[citation needed][23]

Latter Day Saint apologists have reasoned that this line of argument commits the logical error of appeal to probability; they believe that it is unlikely that Smith had access to material which would have referred to the then-small settlement of Moroni.[24] Mormon scholar Hugh Nibley noted the prevalence of names in the Book of Mormon with the root "mor" and suggested that the root may be of Egyptian origin with the meaning of "beloved".[25]

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-11-2015, 11:57 AM
(18-11-2015 11:52 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 10:51 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Isn't Moroni Latin for "more than one Moron?"

very short copy and paste:
Some scholars have theorized that Smith became familiar with the name "Moroni" through his study of the treasure-hunting stories of Captain William Kidd.[22] Because Kidd was said to have buried treasure in the Comoros islands, and Moroni is the name of the capital city and largest settlement in the Union of the Comoros, it has been suggested[who?] that Smith borrowed the name of the settlement and applied it to the angel who led him to buried treasure—the golden plates. Complementing this proposal is the theory that Smith borrowed the names of the Comoros islands and applied them to the hill where he found the golden plates, which he named Cumorah.[citation needed][23]

Latter Day Saint apologists have reasoned that this line of argument commits the logical error of appeal to probability; they believe that it is unlikely that Smith had access to material which would have referred to the then-small settlement of Moroni.[24] Mormon scholar Hugh Nibley noted the prevalence of names in the Book of Mormon with the root "mor" and suggested that the root may be of Egyptian origin with the meaning of "beloved".[25]

There actually are "Latter Day Saint apologists" ?? !!
How would you know where to begin apologizing for all that bullshit.
I mean really. Smith was just an out and out lying charlatan.
He didn't "borrow" anything. He outright lied about almost everything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2015, 12:12 PM
FULL CIRCLE
Doesn’t it make you wonder why it took the LDS until 1995 to make this proclamation?
ALLA
No. This is proclamation to the World. Not to the Church. It was the right time for the World to know our position on marriage.
LDS knew about Doctrine of Marriage since God restored His Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
We learn about it in our Temples. We know why God created male and female. We know why gender is essential to God's plan. We know why God gave them (male and female) commandment to multiply and replenish.
So, we know the purpose of marriage. World doesn't know this purpose that is why world changes definition of marriage as it suits world.
TRUTH NEVER CHANGEES. TRUTH IS ETERNAL

FULL CIRCLE
So as long procreation happens it’s all good then?
ALLA
If you knew why God created this Earth, why He created male and female and why He told them to multiply and replenish, you wouldn't ask this question. Question that doesn't make sense to me.

FULL CIRCLE
and yet "in 1904 when church president Joseph F. Smith disavowed polygamy before Congress and issued a “Second Manifesto”, calling for all plural marriages in the church to cease.” So no, the LDS does not “still believe” in plural marriage.
ALLA
Yes, the practice had to cease, but not the Doctrine. If we are not allowed to practice polygamy in the country we live, we will stop practice. Not because we changed the Doctrine, but because we are not able practice it. There is another law of God: be law abiding citizens.
Marriage is between one man and one woman. But sometimes God commands some men to have more than one wife.
The reason why we practiced polygamy when Church was restored is because we live in dispensation that has a name: restitution of all things. Plural marriage had to be restored on Earth again.

18-11-2015, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 02:55 PM by Alla.)
STEVIL
The laws of most societies disagree with you.
If you live within a governed country where marriage of same sex couples is legal then you are incorrect to think that marriage is between a man and a woman.
ALLA
I am not listening to you about "correct" or "incorrect", "right" or "wrong".
You are the wrong person to tell me about "right" and "wrong", "moral" and "immoral".

STEVIL
As a club however, you are welcome to have your some of your people dress up in special uniforms, perform special rituals and preside over whatever it is that you want to call a "marriage". If it meets the requirement under law then it might actually be a real marriage. If your little club don't want to perform your silly rituals for same sex marriages then that is your perogative. Goverment don't really care about your silly rituals, marriages are recognised under law and your silly rituals are irrelevant to the marriage. So of course the government aren't going to force your club to perform your silly rituals for same sex marriages.
ALLA
Sure. I agree.

STEVIL
So what? Who cares if people reject your club's silly doctrine?
ALLA
It is none of my business who cares and who doesn't. That was a part of my explanation why new policy protects children.

STEVIL
No, not really. Performing silly rituals does not make a covenant with god. It only fulfills certain made up customs of your little club.
ALLA
According to you.

STEVIL
Who cares what your club define as wrong? Wrong is just a label.
ALLA
It is none of our business who cares and who doesn't care. Yes, "wrong" and "right" are just labels(symbols)

STEVIL
If parents are parenting correctly they won't be telling their kids what is right or what is wrong. They will be teaching their kids how to think for themselves, how to navigate life making their own decisions and bearing the fruit of their own actions.
ALLA
Loving and wise parents teach their children that to steal is wrong, to lie is wrong, to hurt people is wrong, to share is right, to be kind is right. Every parent is obligated to teach children to the best of their ability about right and wrong.
If you parents didn't teach you this I am sorry you have this kind of parents.

STEVIL
If you don't believe in gay marriage then you are deluded.
ALLA
Says who? your club? I don't care what your club says and how your club defines marriage.

STEVIL
There is no god
ALLA
You don't know this. Your opinion is none of my business.

18-11-2015, 02:56 PM
(17-11-2015 05:46 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Salt Lake City elects openly gay mayor Laughat

That's gotta hurt.

Hurt whom and why?

18-11-2015, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 03:15 PM by Free Thought.)
(18-11-2015 02:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  

That's gotta hurt.

Hurt whom and why?

The joke is that the proverbial capital of of the anti-gay Mormons (you know, the guys who demand the children of gays eject their parents to receive the various Mormon rites, those guys) have elected one of those icky gays, and it must not feel good for them.