Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Thousands file resignation letters from the LDS Church
(18-11-2015 12:12 PM)Alla Wrote:  FULL CIRCLE
Doesn’t it make you wonder why it took the LDS until 1995 to make this proclamation?
ALLA
No. This is proclamation to the World. Not to the Church. It was the right time for the World to know our position on marriage.
LDS knew about Doctrine of Marriage since God restored His Church through the Prophet Joseph Smith.
We learn about it in our Temples. We know why God created male and female. We know why gender is essential to God's plan. We know why God gave them (male and female) commandment to multiply and replenish.
So, we know the purpose of marriage. World doesn't know this purpose that is why world changes definition of marriage as it suits world.
TRUTH NEVER CHANGEES. TRUTH IS ETERNAL

FULL CIRCLE
So as long procreation happens it’s all good then?
ALLA
If you knew why God created this Earth, why He created male and female and why He told them to multiply and replenish, you wouldn't ask this question. Question that doesn't make sense to me.

FULL CIRCLE
and yet "in 1904 when church president Joseph F. Smith disavowed polygamy before Congress and issued a “Second Manifesto”, calling for all plural marriages in the church to cease.” So no, the LDS does not “still believe” in plural marriage.
ALLA
Yes, the practice had to cease, but not the Doctrine. If we are not allowed to practice polygamy in the country we live, we will stop practice. Not because we changed the Doctrine, but because we are not able practice it. There is another law of God: be law abiding citizens.
Marriage is between one man and one woman. But sometimes God commands some men to have more than one wife.
The reason why we practiced polygamy when Church was restored is because we live in dispensation that has a name: restitution of all things. Plural marriage had to be restored on Earth again.

Alla I'm afraid either you are avoiding the truth or you have a reading comprehension problem because all of your apologetics are in stark contrast to LDS doctrine.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 04:01 PM
(18-11-2015 02:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  Loving and wise parents teach their children that to steal is wrong, to lie is wrong, to hurt people is wrong, to share is right, to be kind is right. Every parent is obligated to teach children to the best of their ability about right and wrong.
There are no objective rights and wrongs. There is no source of truth regarding what is right or wrong. If you choose to force your opinions (about what is right and wrong) onto your children then that is your perogative. But as a parent I encourage my kids to think for themselves. "Wrong" isn't something useful. "Don't do X because X is wrong" is meaningless and doesn't encourage thinking or accountability. "Why shouldn't I do X?" is a much more complex question, it is a personal question rather than looking to a black and white answer from an external authority. Black and white thinking is childish and mindless.

(18-11-2015 02:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Quote:If you don't believe in gay marriage then you are deluded.
Says who? your club? I don't care what your club says and how your club defines marriage.
The law governing society defines what marriage is.
Your little club decides which of those real marriages they will put their rubber stamp of approval on, which of those real marriages they will perform their own silly rituals on.
Outside of your club, your stamp of approval and your rituals are irrelevant, your beliefs and delusions are irrelevant.
Your club is irrelevant to anyone outside of your club.

(18-11-2015 02:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Quote:There is no god
You don't know this. Your opinion is none of my business.
The burdon of proof is on those that claim there is a god, until such point as evidence is provided your claim is to be discarded. Whether gods exist or not isn't a question to be considered. If you want people to consider the existence of a god, you need to provide a sufficient claim.
18-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-11-2015, 05:25 PM
(18-11-2015 03:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 02:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hurt whom and why?

The joke is that the proverbial capital of of the anti-gay Mormons (you know, the guys who demand the children of gays eject their parents to receive the various Mormon rites, those guys) have elected one of those icky gays, and it must not feel good for them.
No, it doesn't hurt. Gays can be great public servants.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
18-11-2015, 05:27 PM
(18-11-2015 03:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Alla I'm afraid either you are avoiding the truth or you have a reading comprehension problem because all of your apologetics are in stark contrast to LDS doctrine.
I am afraid you don't understand LDS Doctirne.

18-11-2015, 05:30 PM
(18-11-2015 05:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 03:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Alla I'm afraid either you are avoiding the truth or you have a reading comprehension problem because all of your apologetics are in stark contrast to LDS doctrine.
I am afraid you don't understand LDS Doctirne.

No, he just doesn't understand your interpretation of LDS doctrine, because other people of LDS & Former LDS state the doctrine much differently. As well as does evidence of the texts themselves... but your claims aren't based on that or any defined evidence, it's based on "true" prophets saying things you feel or believe are true through revelation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-11-2015, 05:39 PM
I don't think anyone belonging to the cult whose founders had dozens of wives should be telling anyone what is or is not appropriate for marriage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2015, 08:09 PM
(18-11-2015 05:39 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't think anyone belonging to the cult whose founders had dozens of wives should be telling anyone what is or is not appropriate for marriage.
Why not?

18-11-2015, 08:12 PM
(18-11-2015 05:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 05:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  I am afraid you don't understand LDS Doctirne.

No, he just doesn't understand your interpretation of LDS doctrine, because other people of LDS & Former LDS state the doctrine much differently. As well as does evidence of the texts themselves... but your claims aren't based on that or any defined evidence, it's based on "true" prophets saying things you feel or believe are true through revelation.
I don't have my interpretation of LDS Doctrine.
I don't know what other people say, I don't know if those "other" people understand LDS Doctrine.
I don't even know what exactly is wrong with "my" interpretation according to his opinion.

18-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Stevil Wrote:There are no objective rights and wrongs.
I agree.
Stevil Wrote:There is no source of truth regarding what is right or wrong
According to you there is no such source. But I don't agree with you.
Stevil Wrote:But as a parent I encourage my kids to think for themselves.
Every wise parent does this when kids start to have some knowledge and experience.
Stevil Wrote:"Don't do X because X is wrong" is meaningless and doesn't encourage thinking or accountability.
Every loving and wise parent wants to give his/her children enough knowledge so children can avoid unnecessary danger. And it is exactly opposite: when there is no knowledge of right and wrong there is no accountability.
Stevil Wrote:Black and white thinking is childish and mindless.
According to you. I disagree with you.
Stevil Wrote:The law governing society defines what marriage is.
Sure.
Stevil Wrote:Outside of your club, your stamp of approval and your rituals are irrelevant, your beliefs are irrelevant.
I know. I don't even argue with this.
Stevil Wrote:If you want people to consider the existence of a god, you need to provide a sufficient claim.
No, I don't want people to consider existence of God. To consider existence of God is absolutely useless.