Thousands of Jews died at the Last Supper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2016, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2016 02:57 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Thousands of Jews died at the Last Supper
(05-12-2016 12:10 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 04:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ha! This is some sorta code isn't it.

Yes, if consider Greek satire to be a "code". I have 80% of the passages of Gospels and the book of Revelation exactly like above. Pick your favorite passage and the is a good chance I can show you its satirical origin in the works of Josephus. Do you want "Jesus Walks on Water", "The Parable of the Patches and Wineskins", "Jesus Stills the Storm"? Maybe that time when Jesus says "Mary hath chosen that good part and it won't be taken away" or when "Jesus had his face set to go to Jerusalem"? Pick your favorite New Testament passage and I will probably be able to show you that it is a satire of a genocide.

Please flesh out these examples.

Welcome to the forum.

I too have written a book about the origins of Christianity, and am very familiar with Jo Atwill's ideas. What do you think was the purpose of the satire? PS I just read what you wrote... " (the gospels are)... primarily just mocking the writings of Josephus." I find this unlikely. Why bother? If that were so, why did the gospels get spread around? I think a far more likely motive for their (original...and who knows what form they were in then) publication was the political suppression of Judaism.

I do, however, agree with you that the gospels were written based on Josephus.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2016, 08:59 AM
After reading your introduction, I can see the basis for your views.
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2016, 09:09 AM
(10-12-2016 08:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  After reading your introduction, I can see the basis for your views.

How so? They are not really related. Except that the Book of Mormon is likely a mash-up of other sources ("Captain Kidd", "View of the Hebrews", Old Testament,...). But it is not humorous satire as far as I know.
10-12-2016, 09:17 AM
(10-12-2016 08:59 AM)skyking Wrote:  After reading your introduction, I can see the basis for your views.

The rebel leaders Simon and John prepared the way for the Last Supper by burning all the "corn" in the siege of Jerusalem and left the people to starve in the "upper rooms" next to the statues with pitchers to receive rain water, exactly where Jesus said the Last Supper would be. These are the exact same story even down to the names of many of the characters (and I have 480 such satirical/ironic parallels). Recognizing that has nothing to do with my Mormon back ground.
10-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Why? I think your horrific upbringing would have something to do with seeing satire in the bible.
10-12-2016, 10:17 AM
(10-12-2016 10:00 AM)skyking Wrote:  Why? I think your horrific upbringing would have something to do with seeing satire in the bible.

Fair point, especially since it is such a dark and horrifying satire, it is hard to imagine unless you can appreciate that sort of thing. Like the seeing the irony in Jesus having his Last Supper in exactly the same place as thousands of Jews would starve to death and having it prepared by Simon and John which would be the names of the two main rebel leaders who "prepared the way" for the Jews to starve and "had done it on purpose to serve the Romans".

Also to see that the only Mary ever mentioned by Josephus ate her baby in that famine is satirically represented by Mary having her baby in a feeding trough who then goes on to tell everyone "unless you eat my flesh, you have no life in you".

Or to see the satire when Jesus turns water into wine at the wedding at Cana and then you read about Titus accompanied by Josephus "turning the sea bloody a long" at Joppa (which is right next to Cana). To quote John 2:
"the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knewWink the governor of the feast called the bridegroom"

Or the irony when Jesus talks to a Samaritan woman at the mountain Gerizzim (where Jacob's well was) and tells her "believe me woman, the day will come when you will neither worship the father on this mountain or in Jerusalem" and then forty years later 11,000 Samaritans were slaughtered on that same mountain and all of Jerusalem (about 1 million) was slaughtered too.

All of those I can show you much more detailed parallels between them, making them pretty undeniable as far as textual dependence. The details are all the same, but one is an ironic/satirical representation of the other. And I have 480 of these. I will post "Jesus Walks on Water" soon, that one is pretty straight forward.
[+] 1 user Likes fhqwhgads's post
10-12-2016, 10:18 AM
(10-12-2016 09:17 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  These are the exact same story even down to the names of many of the characters (and I have 480 such satirical/ironic parallels).

I'm seeing a video game here. Marketed properly I think I could scam the fundies while getting the cool kids to play along.

#sigh
10-12-2016, 04:14 PM
(05-12-2016 12:10 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 04:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ha! This is some sorta code isn't it.

Yes, if consider Greek satire to be a "code". I have 80% of the passages of Gospels and the book of Revelation exactly like above. Pick your favorite passage and the is a good chance I can show you its satirical origin in the works of Josephus. Do you want "Jesus Walks on Water", "The Parable of the Patches and Wineskins", "Jesus Stills the Storm"? Maybe that time when Jesus says "Mary hath chosen that good part and it won't be taken away" or when "Jesus had his face set to go to Jerusalem"? Pick your favorite New Testament passage and I will probably be able to show you that it is a satire of a genocide.

Please show us these examples
11-12-2016, 07:52 AM
(10-12-2016 04:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Please show us these examples

Ok.
[+] 1 user Likes fhqwhgads's post
11-12-2016, 05:47 PM
(11-12-2016 07:52 AM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 04:14 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Please show us these examples

Ok.

I've just realised you have a link here to your book by pressing your "website."

I will download it when I get home tonight...it sounds fascinating.

What are you a doctor of?