Thousands of Jews died at the Last Supper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Thousands of Jews died at the Last Supper
(11-12-2016 05:47 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I've just realised you have a link here to your book by pressing your "website."

I will download it when I get home tonight...it sounds fascinating.

What are you a doctor of?

Physics. Not really related, but I guess I have always been a little bit off-topic. Anyway, programming skills helped in finding parallels, especially at the beginning, so there's that.

Let me know if you run into anything you don't understand or disagree with.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2017, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2017 04:52 PM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Thousands of Jews died at the Last Supper
(04-12-2016 02:37 PM)fhqwhgads Wrote:  Ever wonder where the Last Supper took place? The New Testament only gives us a few hints:

“Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed. And he sent Peter (Simon) and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat. And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in. And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready. And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.”
– Luke 22:7-13​
So Jesus tells us, inside Jerusalem you should look for a man with a pitcher of water and he will show you the "upper rooms" which are furnished and prepared and there they should make ready the last supper. It turns out there is basically one good historical description of Jerusalem before it was destroyed by the Romans (together with the Temple as Jesus predicted) and that is Josephus. He has three passages that mention "upper rooms" in the towers. Here is one:

“Now the towers that were upon it... and over them upper rooms, and cisterns to receive rain-water. They were many in number… with large bedchambers, that would contain beds for a hundred guests a-piece… The number of the rooms was also very great, and the variety of the figures that were about them was prodigious; their furniture was complete… There were, moreover, several groves of trees, and long walks through them, with deep canals, and cisterns, that in several parts were filled with brazen statues, through which the water ran out…”
– Josephus, Wars of the Jews, Book V, 4:3-4​
Wow, that has all the details that we were looking for in that passage: 1) a statue of a guy with a pitcher to catch rain water, 2) he shows us where the upper rooms are, 3) they are furnished and prepared. This must be where the last supper took place!
Now, Jesus sent Simon and John to prepare the last supper and coincidentally Simon and John are the names of the two main rebel leaders in the war with the Romans who prepared the way for the famine:

“… When, therefore, John was assaulted on both sides... he opposed those that attacked him from the temple by his engines of war... he sallied out with a great number upon Simon and his party... till he set on fire those houses that were full of corn, and of all other provisions. The same thing was done by Simon... as if they had, on purpose, done it to serve the Romans, by destroying what the city had laid up against the siege... almost all that corn was burnt, which would have been sufficient for a siege of many years. So they were taken by the means of the famine, which it was impossible they should have been, unless they had thus prepared the way for it by this procedure.”
– Josephus, Wars of the Jews, Book V, 1:4
Wow, so rebel leaders Simon and John in the war against the Romans also prepared the last supper for the Jews. Here is one more passage about those upper rooms in the towers:

“AND now did Titus consult with his commanders what was to be done… others advised to… to guard against the coming out of the Jews, and against their carrying provisions into the city, and so to leave the enemy to the famine… So all hope of escaping was now cut off from the Jews, together with their liberty of going out of the city. Then did the famine widen its progress, and devoured the people by whole houses and families; the upper rooms were full of women and children that were dying by famine, and the lanes of the city were full of the dead bodies of the aged; the children also and the young men wandered about the market-places like shadows, all swelled with the famine, and fell down dead, wheresoever their misery seized them... A deep silence also, and a kind of deadly night, had seized upon the city...”
– Josephus, Wars of the Jews, Book V, 12:1-3​
Wow, so ironically, those upper rooms next to the statues holding cisterns to catch the rain water which were furnished and ready is also the location where hundreds or thousands of Jews had their very last supper which was prepared by the rebel leaders Simon and John (because they burned all the corn "they had on purpose done it to serve the Romans") about 40 years (one generation) after Jesus asked Simon and John to prepare the last supper.

“And Jesus… shew him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said… There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world And Jesus answered and said… ye shall hear of wars… Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you… and then shall the end come… Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains… For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be… Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
– Matthew 24:1-34

I'm buying this one. Yep.

I can't ignore the "last supper" idea, the "John and Simon" preparing the last supper thing, the "upper" room, the cistern thing, the "large room" thing, the "furnished" room thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply