Thread Vandalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Thread Vandalism
To prevent it,quote the posts when you reply. Its that simple

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
16-08-2013, 09:59 AM
It is kind of a pain if you try to look back to refresh your memory on a conversation and you find missing posts or truncated posts.

There have been a couple things I have gone back and looked for and even knowing who the poster is and a time frame, have been unable to find some things again.

I do go back sometimes within a day or two, especially if someone has quoted me and I see that there is a spelling correction needed or I was typing too fast and left a word out. I have removed things from photobucket that resulted in things not being seen here any more.

A two or three day time limit seems fair.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm totally fine with a 3 day limit any more than that and if your OCD bothers you about a post you made you can bug KC (He loves being bugged about stuff like that Wink ) to fix it. Most people fix stuff within a couple hours if they are going to so no harm in it if we limit the amount of disingenuous editing one can do.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-08-2013, 10:18 AM
(16-08-2013 10:13 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I'm totally fine with a 3 day limit any more than that and if your OCD bothers you about a post you made you can bug KC (He loves being bugged about stuff like that Wink ) to fix it. Most people fix stuff within a couple hours if they are going to so no harm in it if we limit the amount of disingenuous editing one can do.

You might actually squeeze a profanity out of the Christian if you do that.

But yeah, I was under the impression that regular members had a 3 day editing limit.

I'll talk with DT about it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I know that posting from a mobile or tablet can be a challenge, so sometimes when getting onto a real PC I note things that need to be corrected. That's normally within a day or two.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-08-2013, 11:58 AM
I always find misspellings and grammatical errors ages after I have been denied access to the edit button.

Is there a way we could do something based on rep or something? That way, the more you have contributed to the forum, the more freedom you're given. I'd like to think I've generally acted well. Okay, well that ain't exactly true, but I haven't done anything sketchy or skirting rules.

Just an idea. I suppose I could go whining to a mod for everything I've fucked up, but it ain't worth it. Anyhow, I just don't want to see 'good users' get treated like children because of a few rotten apples.

16-08-2013, 01:41 PM
The only problem I have with a time limit is that some threads need the OP to be editable for a long time, like the mafia games or the maps. Usually these threads provide good content and it's useful that the OP can be edited, otherwise some info gets lost in the thread pages... I dont know how that specific functionality can be kept while having a time limit for regular posts

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
16-08-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 03:26 PM by Regular_Joe.)
3 days later I've moved on and I'm not even thinking about what I've posted, much less wanting to change it.

But what the hell do I care if someone else has deleted their post? If the meaning of life gets posted one day, someone please quote it immediately for posterity. Short of that, go on and delete posts as you wish.

Hell, I might go delete a couple now just to make KC (see, caps Angel ) look like he's arguing with himself.
16-08-2013, 03:30 PM
... You spend enough time here, you find it kinda interesting to go back through old threads, see how you used to think... and if the convo's fucked up it's annoying. Plus sometimes people put a lot of thought and effort into their replies... some asshole fucking up the record of the convo 'cos they've suddenly come over all bashful over the stupid shit they said is rude... that's my motivation.
16-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Um.....that's kinda strange....stopping people from editing their posts. I thought we had the right to do that ?

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post