Thread Vandalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Thread Vandalism
Just seems like a weird rule to have. I don't understand it.

The Out Crowd.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Fairy nuff... the reason I made the thread was to discuss the idea... like I said, it used to be a rule we had and then we lost it... and I thought it was a good one, so I wanted to know what other people thought about the idea of reinstating it.

It's not like I personally haven't said stupid shit here or elsewhere. But that's the thing... as I said earlier, my personal thought is that one the words leave your mouth or are posted on the forum they are no longer your property. Other people see them, they reply, they form opinions based on what you said - you lose the right to control them after that point IMO...
16-08-2013, 04:44 PM
If they are my words I think I have the right to do with them what I will. Why worry about people changing them? If some person changes what they posted later on making themselves look like an idiot, thats their problem Tongue O.o I thought this forum was all "free speech" and things like that. Lol. Wow, nothing makes sense around here.

Oh well. Carry on.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-08-2013, 04:45 PM
You guys could remove the edit feature if it really bothers you?

The Out Crowd.
16-08-2013, 05:05 PM
(16-08-2013 04:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I thought this forum was all "free speech" and things like that.

Hence... *discussion*... Rolleyes
16-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Please return to the important matter at hand. *chuckle*

The Out Crowd.
16-08-2013, 05:24 PM
(16-08-2013 04:17 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Um.....that's kinda strange....stopping people from editing their posts. I thought we had the right to do that ?

That is true, but I understand why they don't do let it be done without some restriction, it's because some people have edited their posts post-post to make other people appear as dicks, or you know, kinda falsify the way things went down. I would argue though that long time members with generally good rep should be given more leeway.

16-08-2013, 05:28 PM
(16-08-2013 05:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 04:17 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Um.....that's kinda strange....stopping people from editing their posts. I thought we had the right to do that ?

That is true, but I understand why they don't do let it be done without some restriction, it's because some people have edited their posts post-post to make other people appear as dicks, or you know, kinda falsify the way things went down. I would argue though that long time members with generally good rep should be given more leeway.

Thank you. I just needed that clarified. I also agree, though I'm not sure when you're considered a "long time" member, that they should get some leeway because I have to edit my spelling mistakes all the time. Fingers are faster than my brain sometimes.

The Out Crowd.
16-08-2013, 05:43 PM
(16-08-2013 04:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You guys could remove the edit feature if it really bothers you?

Are you asking if it could be removed? Yes. it's an option.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2013, 05:50 PM
(16-08-2013 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-08-2013 04:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You guys could remove the edit feature if it really bothers you?

Are you asking if it could be removed? Yes. it's an option.

Why is it there then?

The Out Crowd.