Thread Vandalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Thread Vandalism
(17-08-2013 04:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  No one is proposing we remove the edit feature, just time-limit it to prevent vandalism by malcontents.

You will still have the right to delete and pare harms.

I was never under the impression that we're even remotely considering removing the feature. And it is already time limited. Did you take your pills this morning old man?

I was suggesting that there be 'trusted' users who aren't limited by time to fix their own posts. Once that trust is broken, then you punish. Don't keep me on a leash until I've given you reason to think that I need to be on one.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Is there a way to remove a single user's ability to edit posts?

I mean if Childeye edited or removed his posts....is it possible to just punish him for doing it?

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

17-08-2013, 11:54 AM
(17-08-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 04:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  No one is proposing we remove the edit feature, just time-limit it to prevent vandalism by malcontents.

I was never under the impression that we're even remotely considering removing the feature. And it is already time limited. Did you take your pills this morning old man?

I was suggesting that there be 'trusted' users who aren't limited by time to fix their own posts. Once that trust is broken, then you punish. Don't keep me on a leash until I've given you reason to think that I need to be on one.
We kinda half agree on this DL. Difference being, I think you gotta earn enough trust to have the leash removed instead of starting off with the trust to begin with. You are an excellent example (sorry to use you in the spotlight)... You have been around for a while, you've demonstrated integrity and a genuine desire to contribute constructively to the forum. I would consider you someone who has earned enough trust that your leash be removed. Six months ago? Nuh uh. No that's because six months ago I didn't know you well enough to trust that you wouldn't abuse the privilege of unlimited editing.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
17-08-2013, 11:56 AM
(17-08-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  

Now you've got me wondering if I took too many. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-08-2013, 12:52 PM
(17-08-2013 11:54 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I was never under the impression that we're even remotely considering removing the feature. And it is already time limited. Did you take your pills this morning old man?

We kinda half agree on this DL. Difference being, I think you gotta earn enough trust to have the leash removed instead of starting off with the trust to begin with. You are an excellent example (sorry to use you in the spotlight)... You have been around for a while, you've demonstrated integrity and a genuine desire to contribute constructively to the forum. I would consider you someone who has earned enough trust that your leash be removed. Six months ago? Nuh uh. No that's because six months ago I didn't know you well enough to trust that you wouldn't abuse the privilege of unlimited editing.

Then you don't half-agree, you fully agree. That is what I was suggesting Thumbsup

17-08-2013, 01:52 PM
(17-08-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  And it is already time limited.

This is not the case, this is what I want restored. Anyone can edit their posts back to their very first one at the moment, and this is why vandals are able to do what they do. Again, no biggie (to me) if no one wants it, the forum hasn't exactly imploded...
17-08-2013, 02:16 PM
(17-08-2013 01:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-08-2013 11:13 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  And it is already time limited.

This is not the case, this is what I want restored. Anyone can edit their posts back to their very first one at the moment, and this is why vandals are able to do what they do. Again, no biggie (to me) if no one wants it, the forum hasn't exactly imploded...

This is my first post. Mind pointing me towards my edit button? Thanks in advance!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I just went and checked mine and I do have an edit button... Hmm Consider I might have made this whole thread based on a false premise...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-08-2013, 02:36 PM
How far back can you edit just out of interest ?
17-08-2013, 02:49 PM
(17-08-2013 02:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  How far back can you edit just out of interest ?

A few days. Like always.