Thread Views

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Thread Views
I think the "views" function stopped working at some point. I don't know if it really matters though. Just an observation Consider

A thread with over 200 replies, but no views? Notice only older threads still have a number of views. Weird!

[Image: XljjGTa.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
06-03-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Thread Views
This may be coincident with the hiccup of last week. Seems that that is about the time it started. I figured that it was on purpose to get back online or something.
06-03-2016, 01:23 PM
The error at the bottom of the page indicates that the database can no longer find the table mybb_threadviews to update. Losing the thread views ain't that big a deal but it is indicative of something going south which may creep into other aspects. Does the hosting service make regular backups of the database? If they don't this whole forum could one day just go poof.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2016, 01:47 PM
(06-03-2016 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The error at the bottom of the page indicates that the database can no longer find the table mybb_threadviews to update. Losing the thread views ain't that big a deal but it is indicative of something going south which may creep into other aspects. Does the hosting service make regular backups of the database? If they don't this whole forum could one day just go poof.

I do believe backups are automagically done. The issue with the view count has been going on since we had the recent down time. Seth has been contacted.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-03-2016, 01:58 PM
(06-03-2016 12:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think the "views" function stopped working at some point. I don't know if it really matters though. Just an observation Consider

A thread with over 200 replies, but no views? Notice only older threads still have a number of views. Weird!

Looks like Smerc is watching something that's not safe for work. Let's speculate ...

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
06-03-2016, 02:01 PM
(06-03-2016 01:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 12:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I think the "views" function stopped working at some point. I don't know if it really matters though. Just an observation Consider

Looks like Smerc is watching something that's not safe for work. Let's speculate ...

Laugh out load Popcorn

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
06-03-2016, 02:04 PM
The Naked Chef prepares an overly ripe guava?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2016, 03:25 PM
(06-03-2016 02:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  The Naked Chef prepares an overly ripe guava?
Sounds like someone's love life.
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post
12-03-2016, 08:38 AM
should be sorted - As for backups, the are sent to me via my dropbox account. Server emails me after the dropbox upload every day so I know if something didn't work.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 4 users Like DeepThought's post