Thread does not exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Thread does not exist...
Anybody know what happened to the "Energy, Enlightenment and Spirit" thread from today? I went to "like" a post and got "post does not exist" and then tried to go to the next page and got "thread does not exist".

I assumed a mod was moving it but it's been a while and it hasn't shown back up.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Spirit

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
25-03-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: Thread does not exist...
I don’t know, just hit your link and got the same thing. Let me look around.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Maybe it was the way I banned him that somehow deleted the thread?

If so, sorry sorry sorry, I'm not sure how to fix it. Lemme see.
25-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(25-03-2017 06:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Anybody know what happened to the "Energy, Enlightenment and Spirit" thread from today? I went to "like" a post and got "post does not exist" and then tried to go to the next page and got "thread does not exist".

I assumed a mod was moving it but it's been a while and it hasn't shown back up.

> GREMLINS! Gasp
25-03-2017, 06:48 PM
(25-03-2017 06:43 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Anybody know what happened to the "Energy, Enlightenment and Spirit" thread from today? I went to "like" a post and got "post does not exist" and then tried to go to the next page and got "thread does not exist".

> GREMLINS! Gasp

Certainly a more palatable suggestion than newbie mod screwup, but I'm afraid it was probably me. Hopefully a wiser mind will be able to recover the missing thread.
25-03-2017, 06:48 PM
Someone was banned? I thought this was supposed to be announced.

When did the ban hammer get so many users?

Maybe that's why my likes given and received have changed yet again...it's been happening a lot lately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 06:54 PM
(25-03-2017 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone was banned? I thought this was supposed to be announced.

I'm guessing it was a sock. Looks like the mods have been very busy sorting socks recently.

Quote:When did the ban hammer get so many users?

Surprised me too.. I thought only Moms could ban users but I can't say I've kept on on the different levels for mods.

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
25-03-2017, 06:55 PM
(25-03-2017 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone was banned? I thought this was supposed to be announced.

Maybe that's why my likes given and received have changed yet again...it's been happening a lot lately.

It was a drive-by sock puppet whose first and only post got through without the mods being notified...usually you wouldn't even notice the ban because it would have happened before the first post was authorized and wouldn't have been announced.

How much is the variance in your like numbers? When did you notice that happening?
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
25-03-2017, 06:58 PM
(25-03-2017 06:55 PM)julep Wrote:  

It was a drive-by sock puppet whose first and only post got through without the mods being notified...usually you wouldn't even notice the ban because it would have happened before the first post was authorized and wouldn't have been announced.

How much is the variance in your like numbers? When did you notice that happening?

It's been happening randomly for the last two months, roughly. I posed the question if the team can remove/change counts like that and was told no. So I don't know what's going on.

I have another question...aren't mods supposed to show up in the 'who's online' list? This is also not happening. Mods don't show as being online but are posting. Is this a new stealth thing?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-03-2017, 07:07 PM
(25-03-2017 06:48 PM)julep Wrote:  Certainly a more palatable suggestion than newbie mod screwup, but I'm afraid it was probably me. Hopefully a wiser mind will be able to recover the missing thread.

Not a big deal if they can't. It was obviously a drive-by from the start and there'll be plenty more. Everybody makes mistakes, especially when doing something new so don't sweat it.

[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post