Thread does not exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: Thread does not exist...
(25-03-2017 07:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 07:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  My guess: Spammer was banned with "ban spammer" tool. That tool also deletes the spam and probably included the thread.

Spammers are banned all the time and not announced, unless y'all want to hear about currency exchanges in china, princes in Nigeria and all sorts of things like that.

We are frequently reminded that threads aren't deleted. That's probably why there was some confusion.

Yes that's normally the case, given the cock pimply nature, and not being able to do myself (was on my way out the door) I did give the go-ahead for Julep to do the ban.

Unfortunately she used to a tool to get rid of spammers, which does delete threads/posts and reports them to a service as a spam bot and blocks their IP.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2017, 08:11 PM
(25-03-2017 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:55 PM)julep Wrote:  It was a drive-by sock puppet whose first and only post got through without the mods being notified...usually you wouldn't even notice the ban because it would have happened before the first post was authorized and wouldn't have been announced.

How much is the variance in your like numbers? When did you notice that happening?

It's been happening randomly for the last two months, roughly. I posed the question if the team can remove/change counts like that and was told no. So I don't know what's going on.

I have another question...aren't mods supposed to show up in the 'who's online' list? This is also not happening. Mods don't show as being online but are posting. Is this a new stealth thing?

We can't do that. We've been experiencing some random weirdness the last couple months. I'll add it to the ongoing list.

25-03-2017, 08:22 PM
(25-03-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's been happening randomly for the last two months, roughly. I posed the question if the team can remove/change counts like that and was told no. So I don't know what's going on.

I have another question...aren't mods supposed to show up in the 'who's online' list? This is also not happening. Mods don't show as being online but are posting. Is this a new stealth thing?

We can't do that. We've been experiencing some random weirdness the last couple months. I'll add it to the ongoing list.

That's just what you want us to think! [/foil hat]
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
25-03-2017, 08:26 PM
(25-03-2017 08:22 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We can't do that. We've been experiencing some random weirdness the last couple months. I'll add it to the ongoing list.

That's just what you want us to think! [/foil hat]

Ssshhhh.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2017, 08:27 PM
(25-03-2017 07:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes that's normally the case, given the cock pimply nature, and not being able to do myself (was on my way out the door) I did give the go-ahead for Julep to do the ban.

Unfortunately she used to a tool to get rid of spammers, which does delete threads/posts and reports them to a service as a spam bot and blocks their IP.

Dang, there was some funny shit in that thread. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-03-2017, 08:29 PM
(25-03-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We've been experiencing some random weirdness the last couple months.

Are you sure it's not because of all those damn Amazon refugees?

Deport the Amazonians!

Oh wait, I'm one of them....

Never mind.

Hobo
[+] 10 users Like Thoreauvian's post
25-03-2017, 08:39 PM
(25-03-2017 08:29 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We've been experiencing some random weirdness the last couple months.

Are you sure it's not because of all those damn Amazon refugees?

Deport the Amazonians!

Never mind.

Hobo

Actually it might be partly their fault, but moreso long time forum users. The forum now has over 1 million posts and the original software was not really designed for that volume. Might have something to do with it, Deep Thought is looking into it so hopefully (fingers crossed) we will know soonish and even better might have a solution.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-03-2017, 11:13 PM
It's Trump and the Russians.
Beware.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-03-2017, 07:18 AM
(25-03-2017 07:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It might take a while but the ghost in the machine will be working to getting it back.

I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it. I was more concerned that a thread just disappeared for no apparent reason and didn't want to see other threads start disappearing randomly in case it was a software or database error or a hacker. Since we appear to know that it was just a simple mistake in how a ban was done it's no big deal as far as I care.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
26-03-2017, 07:39 AM
(25-03-2017 08:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:29 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Are you sure it's not because of all those damn Amazon refugees?

Deport the Amazonians!

Never mind.

Hobo

Actually it might be partly their fault, but moreso long time forum users. The forum now has over 1 million posts and the original software was not really designed for that volume. Might have something to do with it, Deep Thought is looking into it so hopefully (fingers crossed) we will know soonish and even better might have a solution.

You mean you might have to "Langolier" some of the oldest necro-threads to make room?

[Image: Screen+shot+2012-11-23+at+11.51.58+AM.png]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post