Thread does not exist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: Thread does not exist...
(27-03-2017 06:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 06:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes and we have a tool for that, the Goodbye Spamer is the Nuclear Option. No need to tone it down because it is intended to be all encompassing.

And yet, if used inadvertantly, it is nuclear. And that is what happened and that is the point.

It has been used roughly 40 times this month once inadvertently. It was user error freely admitted and if anyone should be forgiving of a mod making an error with the MyBB interface I would think it would be you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2017, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 07:39 PM by Chas.)
(27-03-2017 07:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 06:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  And yet, if used inadvertantly, it is nuclear. And that is what happened and that is the point.

It has been used roughly 40 times this month once inadvertently. It was user error freely admitted and if anyone should be forgiving of a mod making an error with the MyBB interface I would think it would be you.

You want to argue about a pretty innocuous observation? Go right ahead, but unless you're a software engineer, your argument doesn't carry a whole lot of weight.

And this is not about the interface being confusing, it is about it being safe. But nice try.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2017, 11:07 AM
(25-03-2017 08:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 08:29 PM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  Are you sure it's not because of all those damn Amazon refugees?

Deport the Amazonians!

Oh wait, I'm one of them....

Never mind.

Hobo

Actually it might be partly their fault, but moreso long time forum users. The forum now has over 1 million posts and the original software was not really designed for that volume. Might have something to do with it, Deep Thought is looking into it so hopefully (fingers crossed) we will know soonish and even better might have a solution.

You mean the server, right?

There are forums out there running MyBB that are much larger than this one and they manage perfectly fine.
31-03-2017, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I might need to upgrade to a higher capacity server. RAM is the key factor here. Be nice to hold the whole database in RAM and still have enough left over to handle multiple Apache threads.

There might be some things I can do to optimise a little bit. I'll see if I can get a better deal soon for the server.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
31-03-2017, 03:05 AM
(25-03-2017 06:43 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 06:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Anybody know what happened to the "Energy, Enlightenment and Spirit" thread from today? I went to "like" a post and got "post does not exist" and then tried to go to the next page and got "thread does not exist".

I assumed a mod was moving it but it's been a while and it hasn't shown back up.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...and-Spirit

> GREMLINS! Gasp

Long live the TUMBLBEASTS!

[Image: tbservers.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
31-03-2017, 08:14 PM
(31-03-2017 02:55 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yeah, I might need to upgrade to a higher capacity server. RAM is the key factor here. Be nice to hold the whole database in RAM and still have enough left over to handle multiple Apache threads.

There might be some things I can do to optimise a little bit. I'll see if I can get a better deal soon for the server.

I might be wrong, but it seems you are using DigitalOcean. It might be worth switching over to a new host. OVH has great prices for VPSs and dedicated servers. Datacentres in France, Canada and soon over in the US.