Threat From Neighbor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 04:32 AM
RE: Threat From Neighbor
Ask him if he has time to talk about the word of Jesus Christ, fucker will be afraid to heave his house.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 05:18 AM
Seeing as he has a previous criminal record like you stated, if you call the Police on him then they'll put him away for a while. Of course, calling the po-po might cause him to act out, and I assure you that your intimidation of him is perfectly reasonable given this guys behavior.

Ultimately, you are going to need to decide for yourself what to do about this situation. Only you know the guy, and either action you take, or do not take, will have consequences. The severity of them will not be known to you so you're going to have to carefully decide. My thinking is that the guy may likely cool down and that you should just progress about normally. I'm going to highlight three possible ways you could go about solving this problem, and their likely repercussions.

1) You let it go. He may keep on throwing ciggerate butts on your yard just to spite you, but you could opt for this option to block out any possibility of more conflict than this.

2) You get surveillance cameras and next time he pulls some retarded shit, you crack down on his in-subordinate ass by calling the Police and describing the situation to them while also showing your evidence for his misdemeanors. Of course with this option, you are letting there be a more prone possibility for a vicious counter-attack by him. Some form of retaliatory revenge-filled drag-you-down-with-him kick in the balls. He could vandalize your property, or even harm you. Now, this might not seem likely, but I can only see so much. Obviously you know the guy more than I do as I'm judging my opinions based off of what you've told us, so if you think he'd do something like this then please carefully consider this option before you choose it.

3) You continue to go with the approach, "Anything that goes into my yard from your yard goes back" . Now, he's already threatened physical bodily harm to you if you continue to do this, and before you continue to, you are really going to have to consider if it's the best option. Like I said, you really know the guy the best here, and my personal take is to not risk it, the guy is not only stupid but an asshole as well. Stupid assholes do stupid things, so I wouldn't play with fire here. Though, I guess you'll show the "tiger" you're not scared of his threat to bite you. You are going to have to also decide if his remark was just intimidation, or that he will actually follow through with his threat. I don't know man, I wouldn't risk it. Seeing as what you've said about the guy, he probably likely will, "show you what a man he is" by being an uncivilized asshat.

Good luck man, I would really consider getting some surveillance camera's/motion censors just in case anything escalates. Also if you truly do feel threatened, all the more better to get all of the evidence you need if he does anything to you. No harm in that and I am only thinking long term when I tell you to get surveillance and better security. You may have to spend a few bucks, but you will feel a lot better, so few bucks well spent! If possible, please update us, interesting situation you have there!

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
05-02-2014, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 06:19 AM by Colourcraze.)
Accumulate any further cigarette butts in a bag and when it's full, put a bow on it and leave it on his front doorstep. Setting fire to it optional.

EDIT: in light of this being the support thread, my real suggestion is to go with motion lights and/or security cameras as others have suggested. Good luck dealing with this guy, he seems like he's got a serious case of machismo.
05-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Cameras sound like a good idea. And start making notes of any exchanges with your neighbor that are threatening. Get a restraining order or order of protection barring him from being on your property or doing anything to your property.

This doesn't sound like a guy you can reason with.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Thank you, very much, for all of the responses. I actually have a security camera system I purchased a few years back (due, in part, to this neighbor) but have neglected to install as I'm not that handy. But it appears now is the time, and I'm determined to figure out how to get this all installed and wired up this weekend. I suspect that if he sees these cameras it will antagonize him further, so I plan to keep them as hidden as possible, as well as install them after dark (that last part may sound goofy, but another thing about this neighbor is his nosiness -- he can, and WILL watch me if I'm outside in my yard. Best to do this when he's less likely to notice, and if he sees the cameras later, oh well...)

Thanks again everyone. Your insight, advice, and support is most appreciated.
05-02-2014, 08:24 AM
(05-02-2014 08:12 AM)Slade Wrote:  Thank you, very much, for all of the responses. I actually have a security camera system I purchased a few years back (due, in part, to this neighbor) but have neglected to install as I'm not that handy. But it appears now is the time, and I'm determined to figure out how to get this all installed and wired up this weekend. I suspect that if he sees these cameras it will antagonize him further, so I plan to keep them as hidden as possible, as well as install them after dark (that last part may sound goofy, but another thing about this neighbor is his nosiness -- he can, and WILL watch me if I'm outside in my yard. Best to do this when he's less likely to notice, and if he sees the cameras later, oh well...)

Thanks again everyone. Your insight, advice, and support is most appreciated.

Personally, I think there may be another approach.
Install the cameras but let him see them Buy a 6 pack of beer and some smokes. Knock on his door and open with the following.

Look, you and I don't see eye to eye and never have. I'm willing to make peace, here's an offering. Give him the smokes and beers. Tell him you will even give him the benefit of the doubt and that it doesn't matter because you have installed a security system, so it's only a matter of time before you find out who it is. Tell him you should have knocked on his door before but the whole situation is ridiculous, tell him you would rather get on with him but don't appreciate being threatened. Explain you would respect him more if he were civil etc; ... I don't know if that sort of approach would work with this guy but in my experience, fronting people out like that is surprisingly effective. Good luck

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 6 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Sneak into his room while he's sleeping. Chroloform him. Tie him up, when he wakes up, shine a flashlight in his face to hide yours and chloroform him again. Untie him and leave no trace you were there.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Depending on where you are, if it gets cold enough for ice, get a bucket of warm water and pour it all over his front step.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Save up any cigarette butts you find for a year or so. Then get someone you know to dump them in his yard moments after he was there, but while he is either looking at you or talking to you.
05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Run a long game where you build him up with some false hope or success, so that when you spring your trap, the fall destroys him.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post