Threat From Neighbor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: Threat From Neighbor
Plant something on or in his vehicle, then call an anonymous tip line saying you saw him blah blah blah. Even if it turns out to be a bunch of dildos in a bag full of flour...

Of course most of these will require ninja training to avoid the cameras.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Sign him up for every type of junk mail known to man... And every religious newsletter. Request a visit from the jws if possible.
05-02-2014, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 03:10 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
Put some DOT 3 or 4 in a cheap supersoaker. Spray their vehicles from outside camera range and preferably not from the direction of your house. Make sure its a nice hot day. Try not to hit the windows as smudges will be an early indication that something is on their vehicles. And we don't want them cleaning it off before the paint comes off
05-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Obviously all of these are just jokes... ;-)
05-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Jesus! I think I just found my soul mate (no homo, NTTAWWI)! Of course those are just jokes, NEVER do those to someone years after they have forgotten the original insult.

Monster_Riffs hit the nail on the head for me. I prefer the non-aggression principal and, to that end, I see cops as aggression (there's a reason they wear their guns outside their jacket).

Truth is, you're in a tough spot and in the end, you're the only one who can make peace with this.
06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
(05-02-2014 08:24 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Personally, I think there may be another approach.
Install the cameras but let him see them Buy a 6 pack of beer and some smokes. Knock on his door and open with the following.

Look, you and I don't see eye to eye and never have. I'm willing to make peace, here's an offering. Give him the smokes and beers. Tell him you will even give him the benefit of the doubt and that it doesn't matter because you have installed a security system, so it's only a matter of time before you find out who it is. Tell him you should have knocked on his door before but the whole situation is ridiculous, tell him you would rather get on with him but don't appreciate being threatened. Explain you would respect him more if he were civil etc; ... I don't know if that sort of approach would work with this guy but in my experience, fronting people out like that is surprisingly effective. Good luck

This isn't a bad idea, though knowing my neighbor the good will would be quickly forgotten. There have been times when he's been suddenly friendly, only to turn into a jerk again a short while later. I wonder if he's bipolar.
06-02-2014, 04:24 PM
(05-02-2014 03:09 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Obviously all of these are just jokes... ;-)

Holy crap, what horrible, horrible advice, LOL!!!! But thank you very much for the laughs, I needed them. Smile
06-02-2014, 04:28 PM
(05-02-2014 04:13 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Jesus! I think I just found my soul mate (no homo, NTTAWWI)! Of course those are just jokes, NEVER do those to someone years after they have forgotten the original insult.

Monster_Riffs hit the nail on the head for me. I prefer the non-aggression principal and, to that end, I see cops as aggression (there's a reason they wear their guns outside their jacket).

Truth is, you're in a tough spot and in the end, you're the only one who can make peace with this.

I'd like to avoid any aggression. I feel like putting those security cameras up will be seen as aggression by him, but at this point, if it acts as a deterrent, or can provide me with evidence in case he goes through with something, I'm for it.

I really wish I could make peace with this guy, but he's just one of those real angry types. Years ago he told me about this time where he chased some dude down the street with his gun -- I mean, what a nut job this guy is! Last night I was thinking about all this (hard not to) and was just dumbfounded that he got so angry because returned his litter to his own yard. Just....wow...
06-02-2014, 04:56 PM
(06-02-2014 04:28 PM)Slade Wrote:  I'd like to avoid any aggression. I feel like putting those security cameras up will be seen as aggression by him, but at this point, if it acts as a deterrent, or can provide me with evidence in case he goes through with something, I'm for it.

You gotta camouflage them. Mount them next to a downspout or under an eave. Deterrence sounds unlikely with this guy. He'll just take out his BB gun and shoot 'em. You want evidence when/if shit happens again.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-02-2014, 09:07 PM
This guy is controlling you thro your own thoughts and worries about him. Just get the ladder out and install the cameras and let him watch. Do it in broad daylight when it's easier to see.
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post