Threat of Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 05:31 PM
RE: Threat of Islam
(25-01-2015 06:34 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Recent events proved even more that muslim values completly contradict all the values of a modern democratic society.

As such, muslims can not be part of our society and should go and live amongst their own value systems.

France. and Greece. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: Threat of Islam
(24-01-2015 08:08 PM)claywise Wrote:  As a young Marine veteran told me recently, "I hear the Marines and Army are hiring."

Every time someone blithely calls for military action to counter some threat—and I do see ISIS and al Qaeda as threats—I want to ask them specifically what they have in mind. Seems to me, urged on by a few decades of efforts by American governments, that much of the world now feels that the United States has a duty to send troops wherever to "do something" about problems such as these.

But history seems to show that, short of long-term occupation—at a cost of blood and treasure to the United States—nothing really works. The U.S. has droned the fuck out of Yemen, Waziristan and elsewhere to kill "bad guys" (we have an incredibly juvenile, comic-book view of the world) and it's arguably done nothing more than create more anger and determination to oppose the West.

Of course, 99.5% of Americans now do *not* serve in the military, nor does the government ask of them any sacrifice at all for its state of near constant warfare. So, you know, talk is pretty fucking cheap.

Also, while in Australia at the end of 2013, I was surprised to learn of deep paranoia about a possible war with Indonesia over the issue of "boat people." Even more surprising, in reading letters to the editor and talking with all kinds of people, I realized just how much of a military sugar-daddy they (and most U.S. allies) view America. A number of people told me something along lines of, "Well, we don't necessarily like what the U.S. does in the world, but we have to kiss its ass—because then they will have to come in and save *our* ass when Indonesia declares war."

I'd like to see the U.S. turn to all the many allies on the American military tit, from Australia to Saudi Arabia to Japan, and say, "Yo. Time for you to start paying the lion's share of the cost for your own defense, OK? And if shit is going down in your neighborhood, we may be here to help you, but you need to take the lead."

That would "support the troops" a fuckload more than clapping in airports, yellow ribbon magnets and asshole pro athletes wearing camo and spouting horseshit about how much they respect the military.

Military actions are rarely the best option. They generally cause problems to increase rather than decrease.

In the case of the threat posed by Islam, the outlawing of Shariah Courts in the United States and other nations, as being fundamentally in conflict with human rights and the ongoing information campaign, especially on the internet, are weapons that can be far more effective.

Ex-Muslims, such as Maryam Namazie and Aayan Hirsi Ali are invaluable allies against the threat (The list is growing daily).

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply