Threat to out me from FZUMedia via messages

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Threat to out me from FZUMedia via messages
(28-12-2012 11:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 11:36 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Can Anjele delete the thread, since she's the OP? Really rusty on how this site works...
I don't have that kind of clout. You would think since I am the OP...and am NOT editing my posts as some have in the past....I could at least request it be locked and that request would be granted.
Let's say you go for dinner with a group of friends. You arrive at the restaurant first and so you get a table for everyone. Once you are done, and decide to leave the restaurant, do you expect everyone else to cease discussions and leave too? Of course not. Being the OP doesn't give a person any special privileges. It may on other forums, but not on this one. It's always been that way, and it's not going to change just because you want it to.

If you think that the OP should have the right to close their own thread, that's fine with me. My advice is to start a thread in the issues section, and ask the other members for their opinion. If the majority feels that the person posting a thread should be able to end the conversation at their leisure, then we'll put it in front of the forum team and make it happen. If the rules need to be changed to reflect that, we (or should I say "the forum team" since I will not administrate a forum that restricts what people can say based on opinion) will alter the rules accordingly.

It's your forum. Affect change as you see fit.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I also didn't say ban...I wanted him to stop screwing with me.
I am again trying to just get him to leave me alone. That's all. It's obvious...he stays...fine...dandy.
Carry on...I tried for a solution, I asked for this thread to stop, for this argument to at least cool down.
C'mon some upside down dogs will help.
Maybe we can start up the sexual innuendo with minors again, that's always good for a laugh. Can never have enough pedophilia where there is so much priest bashing for the same behavior.
Or a good damn conspiracy theory...or eight or ten.
Move on, nothing to see here.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-12-2012, 11:55 AM
(28-12-2012 11:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 10:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm actually interested in your solutions. For the sake of saving me time scouring through threads for them, would you mind reposting your solutions for controlling "problem" posters?

I suggested creating either a "safe haven" zone for those who feel threatened or persecuted by some nutcase, or a safe zone for nut cases where they can frolic and anyone who wants to can join them. I like Chas' suggestions too.

You should talk to Deep Thought since he seems to know this software best. It's really quite versatile, lots of things can be done with a couple of clicks.

There is no reason whatsoever why everyone can't co-exist peacefully here.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-12-2012, 12:02 PM
(28-12-2012 11:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  I suggested creating either a "safe haven" zone for those who feel threatened or persecuted by some nutcase, or a safe zone for nut cases where they can frolic and anyone who wants to can join them. I like Chas' suggestions too.

You should talk to Deep Thought since he seems to know this software best. It's really quite versatile, lots of things can be done with a couple of clicks.

There is no reason whatsoever why everyone can't co-exist peacefully here.
Well, I can tell you right now assigning people to a restricted zone will never happen (like an asylum for problem makers), but creating a "safe zone" has been discussed before, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

That being said, what's to keep people from harassing "safe zone" people outside the safe zone?

PS - DT is MIA right now.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Nothing. But Anjele got really upset when the guy who threatened her took over the thread she created to talk about it.

That would not happen.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-12-2012, 12:09 PM
(28-12-2012 11:53 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 11:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't have that kind of clout. You would think since I am the OP...and am NOT editing my posts as some have in the past....I could at least request it be locked and that request would be granted.
Let's say you go for dinner with a group of friends. You arrive at the restaurant first and so you get a table for everyone. Once you are done, and decide to leave the restaurant, do you expect everyone else to cease discussions and leave too? Of course not. Being the OP doesn't give a person any special privileges. It may on other forums, but not on this one. It's always been that way, and it's not going to change just because you want it to.

If you think that the OP should have the right to close their own thread, that's fine with me. My advice is to start a thread in the issues section, and ask the other members for their opinion. If the majority feels that the person posting a thread should be able to end the conversation at their leisure, then we'll put it in front of the forum team and make it happen. If the rules need to be changed to reflect that, we (or should I say "the forum team" since I will not administrate a forum that restricts what people can say based on opinion) will alter the rules accordingly.

It's your forum. Affect change as you see fit.
Thanks. Less rusty now. Just don't look at the barnacles. Unsure

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-12-2012, 12:13 PM
(28-12-2012 12:06 PM)Dom Wrote:  Nothing. But Anjele got really upset when the guy who threatened her took over the thread she created to talk about it.

That would not happen.
Fair enough.

Good point.

So, you would suggest a forum much like the Boxing Ring - heavily moderated. Anything discussed in the "safe zone" would be heavily moderated and protected; likewise, anything discussed in the safe zone would be off limits to discussion outside the safe zone unless okay'd by the author. If that rule was violated (safe zone info being solicited outside the safe zone) then the violator would be subjected to moderation.

Is this about what you were thinking?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-12-2012, 12:27 PM
(28-12-2012 11:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you don't think that repeated outbursts by a variety of posters indicate an issue that needs to be addressed?

Not hiring you as business manager! Drinking Beverage

I value free speech over here over trying to punish people for saying stuff I don't like.

The only issue is that a minority of people seem to feel the need to act like two year old's every time someone says something they don't like (that's not aimed at Anjele). Some people need to learn that screaming "BANHAMMER" and "POST LIMITATIONS" and "NO TROLLS" doesn't solve everything.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-12-2012, 12:30 PM
(28-12-2012 12:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(28-12-2012 11:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  So you don't think that repeated outbursts by a variety of posters indicate an issue that needs to be addressed?

Not hiring you as business manager! Drinking Beverage

I value free speech over here over trying to punish people for saying stuff I don't like.

The only issue is that a minority of people seem to feel the need to act like two year old's every time someone says something they don't like (that's not aimed at Anjele). Some people need to learn that screaming "BANHAMMER" and "POST LIMITATIONS" and "NO TROLLS" doesn't solve everything.

What you are saying is that there is no way that Anjele or anyone else who feels threatened by some nitwit can say so without being put down and it's useless anyways. Nice.

28-12-2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...am-Matters
Raise any issues here which only members of the Forum Team should see.
"Who can see my post?" Other than you, the forum team linked above can, and your comments are kept confidential.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post