Threatening an atheist with hell is like ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: Threatening an atheist with hell is like ...
(04-01-2016 01:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's like telling me you're going to put a curse on my junk.

If there is a curse on your junk, Pfizer created a pill that can give you an reserection.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-01-2016, 07:17 AM
(05-01-2016 06:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 01:49 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  It's like telling me you're going to put a curse on my junk.

If there is a curse on your junk, Pfizer created a pill that can give you an reserection.

Science defeats religion yet again! Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
05-01-2016, 03:15 PM
We aren't threatening you. We are trying to warn you so you won't end up there.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Is like saying that my imaginary friend will drown you in a teaspoon full of buttermilk.

Vaguely amusing until you realised that I'm dead serious, at which point I'm a threat to society by any rational standard.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
05-01-2016, 03:46 PM
(05-01-2016 03:15 PM)theophilus Wrote:  We aren't threatening you. We are trying to warn you so you won't end up there.

Citation needed, asshole.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
05-01-2016, 04:11 PM
(05-01-2016 03:15 PM)theophilus Wrote:  We aren't threatening you. We are trying to warn you so you won't end up there.

And so were the guys doing the shakedowns.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-01-2016, 04:18 PM

There is no there there. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2016, 05:52 PM

Hell is not a place, silly. It's a state of mind. Much like Wichita.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2016, 05:55 PM

We have heard the warnings...we get it, you think we are going to end up in an eternal inferno. Got it.

Thanks a bunch for your concern...please don't forget to warn us about the unicorns that are running headlong into us.

FFS.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-01-2016, 06:47 PM

No? Who is threatening me then?

Awfully nice afterlife you got here. Be a real shame if it caught fire.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post