Threats of damnation - "you're gonna go to hell"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 07:25 PM
RE: Threats of damnation - "you're gonna go to hell"
(30-06-2017 06:00 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  God doesn't see a future that does not yet exist.

Which explains why he lets 16,000 under 5-years-of-age children die every fucking day due to malnutrition, dehydration, and preventable diseases. [World Health Organisation 2015, Global Health Observatory (GHO) data.]

IF he were to exist, your god would obviously be an evil, callous, uncaring arsehole—with the power to foresee disaster, plan for it in advance, and rectify if it happens. But instead—if he exists—he chooses to look the other way, and cause untold pain, misery, and grief.

In short, he'd be considered a total cunt. Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like SYZ's post
30-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Apologies... double post. Blush

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-07-2017, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 12:37 AM by Robvalue.)
Even if God couldn't see the future, you'd think that the fact that things are so gloriously fucked up would cause him to fix things. He created the whole mess (because he felt like it); he can't just shrug his shoulders and blame it on us.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
01-07-2017, 05:47 AM
(30-06-2017 06:00 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 05:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You're forgetting your omniscient god already knew Julep would make that choice even before time began...

God doesn't see a future that does not yet exist. [Image: dizzy.gif] Who was Revelation given to? Re 1:1

If your alleged deity doesn't see the future, then how could it provide any information about "a future that does not yet exist" in the book of Revelations?

The book of Revelations was intended as a description of a time during the reign of Nero in 54-68 AD. It's so wrapped up in mushroom-fueled hallucinogenic dreams that it's basically useless in conveying information.

A minority of Christians think that it refers to current world events:

What is the meaning of 666? Hint-Nero is what 666 refers to, the book of Revelation is a story about events happening in the 1st century.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
01-07-2017, 06:08 AM
(30-06-2017 06:00 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 05:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You're forgetting your omniscient god already knew Julep would make that choice even before time began...

God doesn't see a future that does not yet exist. [Image: dizzy.gif] Who was Revelation given to? Re 1:1

At least this view accords with mine over the various prophecies found in the Bible: they must all be false.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

01-07-2017, 06:10 AM
(30-06-2017 07:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:  In short, he'd be considered a total cunt. Angry

And not even in that fun, drunk, Australian way.

We're talking about a real, total, cunt here. No

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
01-07-2017, 10:06 AM
(29-06-2017 04:28 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 04:26 PM)julep Wrote:  Yup. More Heaven for you! Enjoy. Drinking Beverage

Your not being there is your choice. Sorry you won't be family.

01-07-2017, 11:09 PM
(03-03-2017 04:12 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  As a boy growing up in Virginia we had what were called blue laws which forced businesses to close on Sunday. My dad used to take me golfing and he would give me @2.00 for being his caddy. Then I would want to go and get a model to build at the hobby shop and it would always be closed because of these laws. But the laws didn't apply to all business. Grocery stores and pharmacies and a few others could be open on a Sunday so they were very arbitrary.

Yup. When I was growing up in North Carolina there was a pharmacy that had two stories. The ground floor was the usual pharmacy stuff. The basement had toys. There were probably other things in the basement but all I remember is the toys. On Sunday you could get your prescription refilled but the basement floor (ie: toys) was roped off as off limits. I hadn't thought about that in YEARS until I read your post.

I seem to remember reading something online not all that long ago about somewhere where you could get your prescription refilled on Sunday but they wouldn't allow you to buy toothpaste.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
02-07-2017, 03:57 PM
(01-07-2017 05:47 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...If your alleged deity doesn't see the future, then how could it provide any information about "a future that does not yet exist" in the book of Revelations?

That takes even more skill.
02-07-2017, 04:11 PM
(02-07-2017 03:57 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(01-07-2017 05:47 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...If your alleged deity doesn't see the future, then how could it provide any information about "a future that does not yet exist" in the book of Revelations?

That takes even more skill.

Or it takes no skill at all because your deity doesn't.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.